Shaquill Griffin, Chris Carson & Kyle Van Noy

49 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol where do people think we will get all this money to pay these guys?  Beane isn’t just going to restructure players to move money into future years and handcuff himself with the cap a couple years down the road.  They got Allen and Diggs to worry about. 

Diggs is playing out his contract and then he'll be out the door. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Diggs is playing out his contract and then he'll be out the door. 

Just because your boy Sammy got the boot doesn’t mean we won’t keep a quality WR on the roster.  Diggs will be with Bills as long as Josh wants him there.  

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why? They should focus on beating everyone lol. That said the Bills are beatable the key is Diggs. Also let’s see how Allen does in year two with Diggs and playing a tougher schedule.  

Well, you said they were building to beat the chiefs....and almost beat the chiefs last year.  Now that you’ve added 250M in salaries, you should beat them now right?

last time you played the bills, it was a beatdown of epic proportions and you play us twice while trying to make the playoffs. 

Yeah, Diggs and allen will probably regress after playing together for an entire year (after not having OTAs and a real training camp).  If the pats need allen and Diggs to regress in order to be in the discussion, than BB just wasted a lot of cash.

and our schedule was tougher last year than this year.  AFC west/ NFC west last year-  afc and nfc south this year.  Favorable matchups @ home.  Mafia in the stands.  #1 fan base in the league.  Is the billboard still up?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Well, you said they were building to beat the chiefs....and almost beat the chiefs last year.  Now that you’ve added 250M in salaries, you should beat them now right?

last time you played the bills, it was a beatdown of epic proportions and you play us twice while trying to make the playoffs. 

Yeah, Diggs and allen will probably regress after playing together for an entire year (after not having OTAs and a real training camp).  If the pats need allen and Diggs to regress in order to be in the discussion, than BB just wasted a lot of cash.

and our schedule was tougher last year than this year.  AFC west/ NFC west last year-  afc and nfc south this year.  Favorable matchups @ home.  Mafia in the stands.  #1 fan base in the league.  Is the billboard still up?

Sigh.. the second game the D just gave up because well the O sucked!  So effort was actually lost.. Game one they lost because of a fumble.. against KC they lost because of poor QB play.   That said you were 13-3  and am for the first time in like 30 years facing a first place schedule let’s see how they handle the pressure. 

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sigh.. the second game the D just gave up because well the O sucked!  So effort was actually lost.. Game one they lost because of a fumble.. against KC they lost because of poor QB play.   That said you were 13-3  and am for the first time in like 30 years facing a first place schedule let’s see how they handle the pressure. 

1st place schedule lol We played the Steelers, Chiefs and Titans last year (who finished 1st in their division and is the only thing that 1st place impacts)

So we played that last year already, the rest of our opponents collectively look to be easier based on the division matchups

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

first place schedule affects 2 of 16 games.  Chiefs and Steelers are the first place teams.  We played them both last year.

We still get to play Carolina, atlanta, Jags, texans + the AFCE. 11 games where we’ll be the favorite.  

dogs @KC

dogs @ tampa.

dogs @titans probably 

Pick em @saints maybe

favorite vs colts

Favorite ball steelers

we may not win 13 games again, but I’m not worried about how we’ll respond.  Playoffs 3 out of 4 years under McD.  3 of those years we had sub par/poor QB play and had to play Brady twice a year.  And Allen is only getting better.....while our adversaries only hope is Allen and Diggs regressing in a year where they’ll have a real training camp. 

I like what the pats have done.  They’ve made themselves playoff contenders.  As they are (with cam as QB), they can beat the Bills in a game.  BB is great enough where he can game plan his way to a win vs anyone.  The jags beat the colts last year.  Anything can happen within division games, but I don’t think they are a real threat to win the division with cam under center. Which may change 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He should be restructuring deals if he wants to win this season. Every team.....literally every contending team is doing it.  If we don’t, we’re just wasting Josh’s rookie contract advantage.  You’re in it to win it.....or you’re not.  Restructuring contracts and kicking the cap implications IS part of being a champion.  Every team that wins Super Bowls does this.  If we don’t, we probably won’t win one

I dont exactly agree but I 100% see your point. Yes the chiefs did this and now got Thuney but they overpaid. Hes a one time pro bowler. Im all with it if Beane doesn't want to restructure a bunch of guys and possibly risk our future in doing so. If he does it im on board but hes not gonna go all out this year and mortgage the future if thats what he thinks restructuring could do. This is the saints strategy and they have been in terrible cap shape for years, Beane definitely doesnt want that.

2 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

I dont exactly agree but I 100% see your point. Yes the chiefs did this and now got Thuney but they overpaid. Hes a one time pro bowler. Im all with it if Beane doesn't want to restructure a bunch of guys and possibly risk our future in doing so. If he does it im on board but hes not gonna go all out this year and mortgage the future if thats what he thinks restructuring could do. This is the saints strategy and they have been in terrible cap shape for years, Beane definitely doesnt want that.

Teams can keep kicking the cap further and further down the road.  Eventually, there will be one season in which we are screwed.  I’d much rather we have multiple years of restructuring (while having one season of getting screwed by the cap) and going for it rather than playing it safe.  

we don’t have to restructure everyone this year....but I feel we should restructure a couple contracts to get us some more space.  If we don’t.....we’re basically stuck with what we have plus our picks.  There’s not much money left this offseason

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol where do people think we will get all this money to pay these guys?  Beane isn’t just going to restructure players to move money into future years and handcuff himself with the cap a couple years down the road.  They got Allen and Diggs to worry about. 

The NFL will hand out a stimulus I guess.  I don't know where people keep thinking there's a near unlimited amount to spend or ignore that Diggs and Allen are gonna need contracts in short order.  Josh's window opened and Diggs you'd expect wants to get paid after last season's performance.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Add in the fact that Hughes, Addison, Butler and Star all potentially come off the books soon.  

Not this year, and that's essentially what matters.  Those 4 players eat up 16% of their cap in 2021. 

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Teams can keep kicking the cap further and further down the road.  Eventually, there will be one season in which we are screwed.  I’d much rather we have multiple years of restructuring (while having one season of getting screwed by the cap) and going for it rather than playing it safe.  

we don’t have to restructure everyone this year....but I feel we should restructure a couple contracts to get us some more space.  If we don’t.....we’re basically stuck with what we have plus our picks.  There’s not much money left this offseason

Yeah I feel that. I think there is a desire though to be the new patriots dynasty as we've been so much in their shadow and they always talk about them being the class team. Restructuring is not good for a dynasty team but definitely good for going hard for a year or 2 for the superbowl. 

2 hours ago, JOSH HUFF said:

Wish list:

Would love to see Chris Carson in the backfield!  Shaquill is a solid corner, and Van Noy always made plays against Buffalo when he was with the Pats.  Plus with the Pats being 4 deep at the TE position we need another solid LB. 

Sign Isiah McKenzie not only does he have potential as a slot WR, he also takes care of the return game!  

Griffen just went to the jags. 

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

first place schedule affects 2 of 16 games.  Chiefs and Steelers are the first place teams.  We played them both last year.

We still get to play Carolina, atlanta, Jags, texans + the AFCE. 11 games where we’ll be the favorite.  

dogs @KC

dogs @ tampa.

dogs @titans probably 

Pick em @saints maybe

favorite vs colts

Favorite ball steelers

we may not win 13 games again, but I’m not worried about how we’ll respond.  Playoffs 3 out of 4 years under McD.  3 of those years we had sub par/poor QB play and had to play Brady twice a year.  And Allen is only getting better.....while our adversaries only hope is Allen and Diggs regressing in a year where they’ll have a real training camp. 

I like what the pats have done.  They’ve made themselves playoff contenders.  As they are (with cam as QB), they can beat the Bills in a game.  BB is great enough where he can game plan his way to a win vs anyone.  The jags beat the colts last year.  Anything can happen within division games, but I don’t think they are a real threat to win the division with cam under center. Which may change 

Colts I’d change to pick em.. Saints you should win.. I see a split for you against Miami.. I think their D flusters your O once.. I could also see a split with NE depending on who the QB is.  So basically a POTENTIAL 10-6 if it all went sideways OR could be a 14-2 season. 

9 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Yeah I feel that. I think there is a desire though to be the new patriots dynasty as we've been so much in their shadow and they always talk about them being the class team. Restructuring is not good for a dynasty team but definitely good for going hard for a year or 2 for the superbowl. 

You can restructure and keep kicking contracts down the line as long as you have players that buy in and that you want to keep.  We can restructure the same players year after year. I don’t see it as a 1-2 year thing.  You can do this for several Season.  Eventually, it’ll hurt you....but if done correctly, you can take the brunt in one season.  Gotta take shots.....and the shots are best taken when the QB is getting paid pennies.  That’s going to change for us very soon

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Colts I’d change to pick em.. Saints you should win.. I see a split for you against Miami.. I think their D flusters your O once.. I could also see a split with NE depending on who the QB is.  So basically a POTENTIAL 10-6 if it all went sideways OR could be a 14-2 season. 

Care to wager that the Bills will be the favorite playing at home vs the colts (as long as allen is playing).  pick em or colts favored and you win.  Talk is cheap. 

the Miami d got destroyed by our O both games.  Tua stinks.  You’re the team that has problems with Miami.  

we could win 10-14 games next year....either way, I think we make the playoffs.  I don’t really care about the regular season....super bowl or bust

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.... at times this group can be too damn conservative. Gotta be aggressive and take some risks if they want to win it all. 

Yup, and be a middling team for several seasons after the cap comes due, 

Folk seemingly don’t understand the concept of being a perennial contender, I wonder how many more times and how many more ways Beane has to say this for folk to realize what’s happening at OBD..,

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. I think fans just want to see the team make an attempt to take the next step in improving the team and winning a SB. Depth signings and relying on the draft isn’t going to accomplish that, IMO. Hopeful they can pull out a move to really bolster the team and close the gap between them and the Chiefs.

Have some faith in a GM & HC team that have taken the team from being an out and out laughingstock to a powerhouse in short order, There is a contingent of fans that post here that would openly complain about winning it all, because we traded Sammy Watkins years ago... 😂 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why? They should focus on beating everyone lol. That said the Bills are beatable the key is Diggs. Also let’s see how Allen does in year two with Diggs and playing a tougher schedule.  

Tougher schedule? We played one of the tougher schedules of the 2020 season.....8th to be exact and finished 13-3.

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Tougher schedule? We played one of the tougher schedules of the 2020 season.....8th to be exact and finished 13-3.

AFC East as a hole had a tough schedule last year. (Think the Pats were the toughest or 2nd toughest). Also new season and let’s be honest last year was weird with no fans made away games a heck lot easier. 

aka this year will be harder than last just because it be more normal and you guys have a first place schedule to face. 

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

AFC East as a hole had a tough schedule last year. (Think the Pats were the toughest or 2nd toughest). Also new season and let’s be honest last year was weird with no fans made away games a heck lot easier. 

aka this year will be harder than last just because it be more normal and you guys have a first place schedule to face. 

Pats played Texans and Ravens ......Bills played Steelers and Titans. Patriots schedule was not as strong as the Bills.....only reason why the Patriots ranked as the #1 hardest schedule is because we played them 2x and it boosted there strength of schedule.