Shaquill Griffin, Chris Carson & Kyle Van Noy

8 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You do realize we were 13-3 last year? We're the hunted.....Pats are the hunters...we don't need to change a thing.

We were weak at LB.  Milano stud, Edmunds left a ton of plays out there in my opinion.  I still think Edmunds can be a BEAST, however, I think last year was awful and some how he made the pro bowl.  Who steps in if one goes down, Klein, he was so-so.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Except I don’t think that BB is doing that. He is constructing a team that can beat KC.  Just so happens if they can beat KC they should be able to beat Buffalo.  The key cog is QB.

Beating KC with Newton, Nelson A. , J. Smith and Henry?  Team A(Pats) beat to B(Chiefs) that means they can beat team C(Bills).......you do know the NFL doesn't work like this right?

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Except I don’t think that BB is doing that. He is constructing a team that can beat KC.  Just so happens if they can beat KC they should be able to beat Buffalo.  The key cog is QB.

KC didn't lose a Super Bowl because of a 2 TE set, they lost because they're OT we're hurt and depleted and TB DL ate them up.  What BB is doing in NE isn't going to stop KC so let he keep building what he wants it won't mean a thing

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Beating KC with Newton, Nelson A. , J. Smith and Henry?  Team A(Pats) beat to B(Chiefs) that means they can beat team C(Bills).......you do know the NFL doesn't work like this right?

You do know the Bills O is very very similar to KC right? As in you have one key cog (Diggs theirs is Kelce).  Also I am hoping Newton isn’t our QB I think his arm is shot. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I don't know why they're struggling with this.  Why would a 13-3 team change up their roster/philosophy to compete with a 7-9 team that they swept the previous year?

Because the same people who were complaining that the Bills wouldn't have enough money to sign anyone are now complaining that the Bills aren't signing anyone

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If he’s building to beat the chiefs, he better get to work on adding some more pass rushers.  Judon and who?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

KC didn't lose a Super Bowl because of a 2 TE set, they lost because they're OT we're hurt and depleted and TB DL ate them up.  What BB is doing in NE isn't going to stop KC so let he keep building what he wants it won't mean a thing

They lost for many reasons 1. Was Oline 2. Was their D couldn’t stop TB at all wether Brady threw or they ran the ball.  Oh and 3. The dropped passes also killed them.

23 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

Wish list:

Would love to see Chris Carson in the backfield!  Shaquill is a solid corner, and Van Noy always made plays against Buffalo when he was with the Pats.  Plus with the Pats being 4 deep at the TE position we need another solid LB. 

Sign Isiah McKenzie not only does he have potential as a slot WR, he also takes care of the return game!  

2 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

We are building a team to beat every team. 

You said it, not me.  

20 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol where do people think we will get all this money to pay these guys?  Beane isn’t just going to restructure players to move money into future years and handcuff himself with the cap a couple years down the road.  They got Allen and Diggs to worry about. 

it’s amusing watching fans essentially point at a cash to cap strategy 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If he’s building to beat the chiefs, he better get to work on adding some more pass rushers.  Judon and who?

Umm ya last years D held their O to 1 TD all game without much of a pass rush. We lost because we had (shudder) I can’t even say his name at QB.. I mean who forgets they have no timeouts and you can’t take a sack!! Lol

Say you need a new coat before next winter.  You go to your favorite coat emporium and they are having one of those sales where the costs are 10% off this week, 20% off next week, and so on up to 80% off in June.  

If you fall fall in love with a particular coat you may be tempted to buy it at only 10% off.  If you are patient and realize that most all of the coats will keep you warm, you wait it out.

So, must we have one of these coats before it gets snapped up by other shoppers or will the bargain coats work for our remaining needs?  Seems to me like we are waiting for the less flashy, functional players..... on the cheap when those players start to get nervous that they may not find a chair once the music stops

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He should be restructuring deals if he wants to win this season. Every team.....literally every contending team is doing it.  If we don’t, we’re just wasting Josh’s rookie contract advantage.  You’re in it to win it.....or you’re not.  Restructuring contracts and kicking the cap implications IS part of being a champion.  Every team that wins Super Bowls does this.  If we don’t, we probably won’t win one

But if the objective is to be a good team for a long time you don't want to hamstring yourself with short term moves at the expense of your future.

There is a lot of luck to win the Superbowl.  Being a good team over the course of a decade will give you multiple chances.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm ya last years D held their O to 1 TD all game without much of a pass rush. We lost because we had (shudder) I can’t even say his name at QB.. I mean who forgets they have no timeouts and you can’t take a sack!! Lol

Then he should probably focus on trying to beat the Bills.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Again....his point was......we aren’t constructing a team to beat the pats.  The pats are constructing a team to beat the Bills.  You’re taking it out of context.  

The Pats have no QB.  Cam and Stidham both suck.  Neither Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry is Gronk or anything close to him.  And the Pats lost their best O lineman.  Come next fall we will be ready to take on all comers.  We will get a couple more weapons on offense and be much improved on Defense.  We went 13-3 and I believe Beane McDermott and the entire coaching staff will self evaluate on how we can be a better team.  Not resigning Levi Wallace is a start.  The guy was marginal at best.  And obviously the weak link on our defense.  He has a low ceiling because he is just not much of an athlete.  Keeping the O line together and bringing back Milano is a good start.  I believe we will fill in the missing pieces over the next few weeks and months.  I think we either sign a veteran RB or WR in free agency.  Maybe both.  And if not, our first pick could very well be a high powered RB or WR.  We can still use more weapons, because football is still about outscoring teams.

A.) I like your list, you can probably bring in 1-2 of those guys and still be under the cap, especially if you move money around.  Dont listen to the Debbie Downers.

B).  For all of you Pats fans in these threads who keep saying "they just need a QB" or "They are only missing a QB"   Teams literally go 20 plus years without finding a guy.  Dont make it sound that easy.

Also the Patriots arent building a team to try and beat the Chiefs.  The Patriots are building a team to try and win more than 7 games this year.  

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But if the objective is to be a good team for a long time you don't want to hamstring yourself with short term moves at the expense of your future.

There is a lot of luck to win the Superbowl.  Being a good team over the course of a decade will give you multiple chances.

You can be a good team for a long time and still restructure contracts.  It’s what the NFL has become.  We can sit around and watch all the team do it and win Super Bowls.....or we can join them.   You just have to draft well and pick and choose who you give big bucks too.  

Just wait til Josh gets 40M+ a year......

we should be taking a real shot at this while he gets paid pennies.  He’ll be on the team for a decade+.  We’ll always be contenders as long as he’s on the team. Now is our best shot imo....don’t let the opportunity slip

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then he should probably focus on trying to beat the Bills.  

Why? They should focus on beating everyone lol. That said the Bills are beatable the key is Diggs. Also let’s see how Allen does in year two with Diggs and playing a tougher schedule.  

38 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

If we do all those restructures to free up 30m it'll be to sign Allen to an extension.  This roster doesn't need a ton of work.  We can go into the draft, get some guys and fill the rest of the roster with some vets on cheap contracts after the draft.  Let the smoke clear....we don't need to sign guys just to sign them.

We cannot cover a TE, soft against the run and can't get off the field on 3rd and long. We need to sign some talent on D.