Hunter Henry to Pats

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not enamored with them signing both TE’s to so much money.  Dont get me wrong, both are good players, but I also think both are a bit over rated, and they just over paid.  I mean when you add in backups, they will be around $26m+ invested just at TE of their cap.  That’s a lot.  

I will say this though, if there is a team who knows how to utilize two TE’s best it’s NE, so I’m sure they will get solid production out of them.  But that’s just a lot of money to invest in these two guys who are both now the 3rd and 4th highest paid TEs in the league.

Definitely overpaid but it has to be up there for best combos in the league. And as bad as they are at scouting wrs, they are great at scouting TEs.

watch NE run army’s offense this year haha. 

also if KC can shade money for cap space while spending a ton of money on Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and a couple defensive players. You think BB wouldn't find a way to shade money if he needed to? All teams can....the salary cap is not the end all be all.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely overpaid but it has to be up there for best combos in the league. And as bad as they are at scouting wrs, they are great at scouting TEs.

watch NE run army’s offense this year haha. 

All true as well.  Also, it’s no secret that we struggled to cover Kelce, so very well could be a move he sees as a chance to exploit something in our D to help them compete for the division crown here.  

Maybe it’s because most the years the Pats won the SB they had marginal WRs and an elite TE...and the years they lost the SB was when they had there best WR groups.  Lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If anyone on this board thinks Belicheat is going to find Brady’s replacement immediately is completely naïve. Look  how long it took for us to find a QB, hell even Miami is still looking for their Marino replacement and the Jets, they haven’t had a QB since Sam Peckinpah’s Wild Bunch was popular LOL. 

But I think Belichick warrants A LOT more benefit of the doubt.......on account of being the greatest coach in, at least modern, NFL history.

People can talk all they want about Tom Brady's impact.......but that team Brady was on in Tampa this year was likely the most talented one he's been on and they were unfocused and ragged for most of the year and didn't even win their division.   11 wins in NE was a down year and they never had to play a wild card week game on the road.   

The Patriots won a ton with modest rosters for a decade before this.........rosters that didn't allow Brady to maximize his production.........and they still dominated.......so you can expect them to remain competitive.

Really competitive.

The Bills took so long to find a QB in great part because they weren't all in to win every year.   Short cuts, financial excuses to pad the pockets of Ralph and Littman, skimping on quality coaching and personnel staff.........the Krafts will not be playing any "cash to the cap" BS either.........amirite @Bill from NYC?:lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

All of this is certainly putting to rest the happy talk on this board about players not wanting to go to NE.

I'd go to Cambodia for $37.5 mil... Doesn't mean players want to go there. N.E. just has cash to throw around, and people tend to like getting paid... a lot... (more than they deserve, according to many).

NE has won the division how many times the last 20 years? We got to win it more than once before we think we are the powerhouse. NE is going all in because they think they can catch us. Not because they are scared of us. That is ridiculous. If they thought they had no chance they would load up on draft picks and rebuild. 

Everyone is talking about the Pats now. It would be kind of awesome if they ended up this season like so many other teams who made the biggest splash in FA over the years, and struggled to a middlin' record while missing the playoffs.

Probably not likely w/ BB coaching, but one can hope.  Looking at all of their moves in totality, the TE position is the only one that I'd call "scary."  The rest of the pick-ups are more like marginal improvements (just generally speaking).   

17 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I'd go to Cambodia for $37.5 mil... Doesn't mean players want to go there. N.E. just has cash to throw around, and people tend to like getting paid... a lot... (more than they deserve, according to many).

Cambodia is pretty fun these days (I know a few people who have gone). Don't knock it! https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/travel/things-to-do-in-36-hours-in-phnom-penh.html and https://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/22/travel/why-is-everybody-going-to-cambodia.html.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Interested how Smith and Henry perform sharing targets and entering an offense with lesser qb play than both had last year.

Cam throwing to two capable TE's is much more dangerous than Cam needed to throw downfield to WR's.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Outside of the two TE and the pass Rusher from Baltimore. All the rest are very cap friendly with little guaranteed money. 

yes, outside of the three major overpays that always describe the first 24 hours of free agency....the rest are okay.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

It's definitely on my bucket list and imagine going there with a stack of bills and all of your vaccinations...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely believe they are targeting Jones. 

He is tailor made for the Pats.  An incredibly accurate pocket passer system qb.  Not much of a runner but not something Belichek is looking for.    Give him a few years with Josh McDaniels and he could be the real deal.

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Interested how Smith and Henry perform sharing targets and entering an offense with lesser qb play than both had last year.

Fun facts:  

Pats just made two TE’s the third highest paid TE’s in the NFL (they both got $12.5 per season for 4 and 3 years) that respectively average 350 yards a season and 580 yards a season.

That is $25m a year to them for averaging less than 1000 yards a season combined.

Jonnu has never even reached 500 yards, and Hunter never reached 700 yards despite playing with much better QBs than NE has.

I mean that is crazy amount of money for them IMO.

These guys are not in the same class as Gronk and Hernandez combo was.

• Thank you (+1) 1