Hunter Henry to Pats

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Isn’t that why you have such “good” cover LBs in Milano and Edmunds?(Although the data suggests the complete opposite of Edmunds)

We were the NFL worst team covering TEs last year and have long been unable to do so. Our D is soft against the run and terrible at covering TEs. BB is building a team to exploit both. We haven't responded as of yet. Gotta believe Beane toughens the trenches and finds a big nickel solution. Edmunds Is a liability against NE 

A great quote I just saw on Twitter:

"Handing out huge contracts in Free agency is the price you pay for drafting poorly".

Case in point: Belichick spent two third round picks on tight ends last year -- one of whom he traded up to select -- and then had to turn around and sign two in free agency the very next year.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Passer rating vs Edmunds was ridiculously high. Dude reminds me of McKelvin in coverage. He’s there to make a play and never does because he is too slow to react to the ball or just doesn’t have a feel for when the ball is going to be coming at him. 

Yeah it was high this year... what about previous years... ? 

I think we had this discussion before... but his passer rating the 1st half the season was VERY high and then it came back down around his career average in the second half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

...said everyone about Buffalo between Kelly and Allen...:w00t:

Exactly...Some of the panic on this thread is cracking me up...

Jesus...Looks like there is still some PTSD remaining out there from the Brady years. Just a heads up folks...There was not one single off season the Pats worried about the Bills during the Brady years and the drought...Not one...We have the hammer now folks...Enjoy it...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wow they are buying a team this year huh? they must have faith cam can get back to form

Sure looks like a huge push ; with the two tight ends I wonder if the pats are taking a cue from the ravens.  With Cam playing the role if Lamar, it wouldn’t surprise me if they try a power run game ( they have picks to easily draft a very good back) with double tight ends and adequate wrs compared to last year. also addressed their rush with Judon.  Been a pretty impressive couple of days with the draft still to come. That type of offense plays against our weakness against the run and tight ends. Pats really making moves that I think will make them the toughest competition in the East , as I think the fins will be limited by tua and his progression.  If the pats either draft a qb or heaven forbid , somehow get a better.vet than Cam, this is going to be a tough year.  

We are limited by the cap so we may make one or two second tier additions and then hope we get some impact for this year in the first / second round.  I am leaning toward making our strength stronger by shooting for etienne if possible , allowing our O to score with anyone. Not sure how effectively we can fix the rush  with what’s left out there  ( clowney ?) or hoping on getting an impactful edge guy as late as 30.    BeAne did well holding onto our o line and Milano , but not sure how he can fix that rush this year. Better shore up cb2 as well with a cb who supports against the run as well as can come up to press so we don’t keep dropping in that soft zone that KC just rips apart. Pats in the division, Kc in the conference , appear to be our largest obstacles.   Bb not standing still ; needs his own title without Brady. 

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

We were the NFL worst team covering TEs last year and have long been unable to do so. Our D is soft against the run and terrible at covering TEs. BB is building a team to exploit both. We haven't responded as of yet. Gotta believe Beane toughens the trenches and finds a big nickel solution. Edmunds Is a liability against NE 

Reddick would be the guy. I don’t know what the money would look like though. 

If he could ever stay healthy, he would be one of the best TEs in the league. I kinda love NE’s 2 TE set.  It is going to be a brutality physical game when we play them and Cam was always good throwing to TEs.

my one Bills regret is we never have a stud at TE. A real TE would kill it on this team. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Serious question:  Why do you so desperately try and hold on to being negative about everything?  

Is it your life?  Are you just really not a fun guy to be around and terrible at parties?  Is it Bills PTSD and you just need some weed or something to help cope?  Is it Daddy issues and he was the reason you are a Bills fan so you’re pissed?

I can honestly say that I’ve been here a long time and I can’t recall you saying a single positive thing about anything.  Doesn’t mean you haven’t...just saying I can’t recall it happening because it’s apparently rarer than Haley’s comet.  

Scott while reading this

tenor.gif?itemid=9206926

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's take a minute and hold a quick funeral for "The Patriot Way".  Instead of a unique system of team building and cap management that made your franchise into a machine of selfless cogs that always wins...well that was all Tom Brady too.  And the moment he left, Belichick didn't even pretend, he starting shoveling cash into the free agent market while pinning his hopes on a rookie or FA QB. And paying not quite Travis Kelce money for...Jonnu Smith?  Yeah. Good luck sir.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Serious question:  Why do you so desperately try and hold on to being negative about everything?  

Is it your life?  Are you just really not a fun guy to be around and terrible at parties?  Is it Bills PTSD and you just need some weed or something to help cope?  Is it Daddy issues and he was the reason you are a Bills fan so you’re pissed?

I can honestly say that I’ve been here a long time and I can’t recall you saying a single positive thing about anything.  Doesn’t mean you haven’t...just saying I can’t recall it happening because it’s apparently rarer than Haley’s comet.  

He needs counseling....

2A9ED521-9CE1-471C-A842-9D2BFB4FCD05.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

The pats been game planning for this before COVID hit They aren't just spending to spend. It's been reported Cam is the security blanket. They have a plan at QB. Cam is only there in case their plan doesn't work out.

BB has proven plenty of times to get the best out of his players so why do fans keep bring up how good the TEs are or aren't, plus he's won plenty of SBs without Gronk. His first 3 SBs didnt have any HOF fame offensive players, Brady was coming into his prime by the 2 to 3rd SB. BB has made a career at finding ok players and turning them into effective pieces for them. And it's still only March. Just expect it to be a tough division to play in which should have some good AFC matches on deck. Bills won't be rolling over the Pats this coming season regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

S Law is consistently negative, but he's not always wrong. I hope Beane's day 4 bargain signings will be enough to shore up our trenches and add some physicality to this D. The Pats are now built to grind us down and play ball control. Unless we load the box we can't stop the run and never could cover a good TE. NE's got two good TEs now.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If he could ever stay healthy, he would be one of the best TEs in the league. I kinda love NE’s 2 TE set.  It is going to be a brutality physical game when we play them and Cam was always good throwing to TEs.

my one Bills regret is we never have a stud at TE. A real TE would kill it on this team. 

Im not enamored with them signing both TE’s to so much money.  Dont get me wrong, both are good players, but I also think both are a bit over rated, and they just over paid.  I mean when you add in backups, they will be around $26m+ invested just at TE of their cap.  That’s a lot.  

I will say this though, if there is a team who knows how to utilize two TE’s best it’s NE, so I’m sure they will get solid production out of them.  But that’s just a lot of money to invest in these two guys who are both now the 3rd and 4th highest paid TEs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1