Hunter Henry to Pats

38 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

Tbh, I think this is a smart move for them. It complements Cam’s abilities. They are going to run and use a short passing game with two-TE sets. We can laugh, and I don’t know if it will work, but this is a solid plan on their part. 

Its what they did last year.  Their offense moved the ball pretty well last year but it rarely amounted to points.  Its highly difficult to orchestrate 10+ play drives in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

One huge difference is only 3 have guarantees running past this year. I doubt anyone thing Henry,Smith as TE is a bad long term deal or Judon As a proven pass rusher. The rest are 1 year guarantee and the Pats can move on. The only one I am not sure about is Agholor contract they haven’t broken that one down but the rest are guaranteed for a year and that’s it.  (Also the cap will explode up next year and these will look like bargains)

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Outside of the two TE and the pass Rusher from Baltimore. All the rest are very cap friendly with little guaranteed money. 

Outside of three big contracts?  lol.  That Agholor contract is hefty too.  I mean the dude just came off a 1 year $1M deal.

37 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

They are going to be tough. I’m starting to believe they still may have another plan at Qb. Maybe a trade. 

Afc east  is going to be a dogfight. 

I agree.. I think they use most of their draft capital to move up and get the Bama QB. Newton is a place holder.

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

The other game they were driving for the W until Zimmer snuck up on Cam.

But they lost. Also, Buffalo also threw 18 passes in a windy game.  It was built for the NE rush offense to win - and they lost.  Then the 2nd time they got absolutely smoked.  

They're a better team than they were a week ago.  But they also spent 2 3rd round picks on TE's a year ago, and just spent like 80 million upgrading them.  Mills essentially plays the same position as dugger (2nd rounder last year).  The other 2 LBs they drafted probably won't see the field much.  Basically their entire 2020 draft is being replaced - and they added some WRs since they whiffed on Harry in 2019.  Oh - and their offensive line is a considerably weaker unit than it was previously.  I'd expect this is where their draft is heading.

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Outside of three big contracts?  lol.  That Agholor contract is hefty too.  I mean the dude just came off a 1 year $1M deal.

That’s the one that hasn’t been broken down yet. The rest are one year guarantees.  The other WR has like 3 mill guaranteed.. like I said everyone else has a guarantee for 1 year.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

The nice thing is - its not just reactionary to what NE is doing.  It's a problem with KC.  Miami.  Cleveland. Pittsburgh.  Baltimore.  Vegas.  Then the NFC with Tampa, GB, LA, etc.  It's a position that needed upgrading before honestly.  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Isn’t that why you have such “good” cover LBs in Milano and Edmunds?(Although the data suggests the complete opposite of Edmunds)

They're good zone guys.  Occasionally you will have to play some man coverage though, and i don't like the odds of either against someone like Kelce.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jonnu Smith is going to be one of the biggest busts this year and they are worried about it.  

It's why they got HH.

Every single skill guy in Tennessee benefited from having Derek Henry scare the hell out of defenses.  What's the running game in New England again?  Cam?

And HH....hope he can stay on the field and his QB is as good as Rivers and Herbert.  

Good luck Bill.

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, The Governor said:

I wouldn’t assume at all that Cam is their QB. They could be building this team for Watson.

I don't think they have the capital to match offers from other teams.  There isn't a young position player or two who makes that trade worthwhile.  I'd take 2 firsts and darnold over anything they can offer.  

Just now, Success said:

I'm hyperventilating a bit.

BB is like the monster in the closet for me.  I truly can't wait until he retires.

Embrace it.  This pretty much guarantees the Bills won’t be complacent and this looks a lot like the Pats flailing for relevancy.