Hunter Henry to Pats

6 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

That prime time 30 point loss really stung BB, Pats are building with Bills living in their head.

That has nothing to do with this IMO. This is BB not liking Brady parade without him and little to do with the Bills. Last year any fan knew it was going be a long season with the cap hell we were in for a year. Now I hope we trade up and get a young QB.. or maybe now Watson will find NE attractive with a top o line and O talent to throw to. Lmao I doubt it.. loo

Just now, aristocrat said:

i think they are going mac jones in the draft and setting him up with weapons esp tight ends who are the young qb's best friend

I don't know much about the QBs but I agree they will get one

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is becoming bizarre.  Like giving a credit card to a person with 3 months to live.  

Agreed, seems like Belichick knows he's going to retire in 2 years and is going on this outlandish spending spree to try to make a run. They have gotten better no question about it and signed some talent, but the value and money they've spent (and guaranteed) is questionable. 

Also, none of this matters if they don't see a significant improvement in the level of play from their QB whether that's Newton or a draft pick like Mac Jones. 

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

What ever happened to "cash to cap?" 🙂

That was so Billsy circa 2006-07.  Spending now isn't as much on a CB every year, but in general the entire defense.  Because that's the ticket to success. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

again, why is everyone so concerned about the cap and contracts? It rarely hurts teams and they sign whomever they want. Look at what the Saints did with Hill. When the Bills signed players to big contracts last couple of years it was great but patriots do it and it's reckless?

Edited by nucci
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If anyone on this board thinks Belicheat is going to find Brady’s replacement immediately is completely naïve. Look  how long it took for us to find a QB, hell even Miami is still looking for their Marino replacement and the Jets, they haven’t had a QB since Sam Peckinpah’s Wild Bunch was popular LOL. 

I think Belichick looked at this last season like Beane looked at 2018.  Both knew they were going to take their lumps with a subpar roster with an eye towards success the following year.  For the Patriots, this is the following year, and they are flush with cap space and are using it effectively.

Those throwing shade at what the Pats are doing right now in free agency are just whistling past the graveyard.  That team is stocked right now.  The one big question remaining is who is going to be under center?  

Another big story in our division is the Jets who are also flush with cap space not doing anything big.  I think going to New York and wearing green is a tough sell around the NFL even with a new coach there.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Agree 1

The Patriots had the worst TE group in the NFL last year. They now have a solid/good TE group—not a great TE group. Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are not Travis Kelces. They're not George Kittles. They're not Gronks. Nobody last year was sitting around going, "omg, how do we stop Jonnu Smith?" 

They got better at TE. They didn't get great at TE. Teams that "win" free agency rarely win big on the field. Will they be a better team next year? Probably. But we'll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If anyone on this board thinks Belicheat is going to find Brady’s replacement immediately is completely naïve. Look  how long it took for us to find a QB, hell even Miami is still looking for their Marino replacement and the Jets, they haven’t had a QB since Sam Peckinpah’s Wild Bunch was popular LOL. 

Our front office sucked. It didn't take Beane long to find Allen

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Those throwing shade at what the Pats are doing right now in free agency are just whistling past the graveyard.  That team is stocked right now.  The one big question remaining is who is going to be under center?  

But until they answer that question people can whistle up a storm because without a QB you are nothing

25 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

All of this is certainly putting to rest the happy talk on this board about players not wanting to go to NE.

Players will go to New England, of course. They just won't go for a discount. NE has now paid out the 2nd most guaranteed money in an offseason EVER. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ugh I hate it, while I don't think Cam is a Tom Brady by any means the Patriots have significantly improved their receiving options and now are matchup nightmare with two quality TEs. 

The problem won't necessarily be the receiving it will be the running game vs the Bills. We'll have to match up with bigger people and we're going to get run over. 

Only hope is Josh allen scores a lot of touch downs.