Hunter Henry to Pats

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Desperation 

It does seem that way, doesn't it.  Remember, Belichick was the one who would make a point of actually going on vacation during the first few days of free agency.  Quite a different approach this year and we'll see if it works.

In a certain sense, this is an indictment of their failure to draft well over the years. You can’t draft so poorly And then pay a premium for a bunch of very good (but not elite) free agents. That is not a sustainable recipe for success. 

What stars do they currently have on their team that are homegrown draft picks? 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

All of this is certainly putting to rest the happy talk on this board about players not wanting to go to NE.

I don’t know.  Looks a lot to me like the loser at the bar buying everyone’s drinks so people will like him.  They took a huge hit letting Brady walk, now they’re trying to buy their way out of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

All of this is certainly putting to rest the happy talk on this board about players not wanting to go to NE.

Is it? The amount they are paying these guys is far above what they were projected to get. Meanwhile, we locked up our cornerstones for below market deals.

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

It does seem that way, doesn't it.  Remember, Belichick was the one who would make a point of actually going on vacation during the first few days of free agency.  Quite a different approach this year and we'll see if it works.

It is a hc who wants to win it all now and doesn't want to do a full rebuild like he normally would. And he is building a team to compete in the east..

Now is the time to punch back with speed and an Edge like Hunter

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Not sure I love their slightly haywire strategy but the Patriots have definitely upgraded the roster. I wonder if they are gonna try and trade up into the top 10 for a QB? Hence filling a lot of gaps in FA?

I was thinking that this AM. Overall they were pedestrian. Not absolutely terrible by league standards. This is a very different roster this year. 

Hoping Cam still sucks.