Beane created the Bill B meltdown yesterday

Paul Costa

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Like TB12???

Roflmao Brady is probably like “I asked for this TWO YEARS AGO! WTH!” Lol part of me  hopes they pull off a Watson trade. Add him to this team with a good O line, good RB, Good TE, average WR with what I am expecting be a top 5 D.. lol a man can dream right! (Before anyone loses their mind NO I DONT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN. )

• Like (+1) 1

No, I think Tom Brady leaving New England and winning the super bowl in his very first season with another team was a huge blow to Belichick’s ego.

I remember reading Reports that Belichick has always felt he was much more responsible for the Pats dynasty than Brady. He felt it was the Patriots system that made Brady so successful and that he could plug in another QB and continue winning. 

Seeing the opposite happen has to be a blow to his ego.

I also think he’s sending the message that losing will not be tolerated in New England and he’s willing to change the way he goes about adding talent to fix it.

edit - I do think the bills contributed though, by sweeping the Pats and winning the division away from them. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

BB a HOF coach has always been very passive with FA early in the process . The Patriots usually come in late looking for bargain binge prices. And often succeed. They always let more people walk than take in FA. And reap the benefits of extra draft picks. Why the change this year? Brandon Beane is the reason. BB and the Patriots have had a front row seat watching the Bills transformation by Beane. The Patriots have been triggered by the Bills & the success of TB in Tampa. The problem for NE is that their not good at this. They look like some day drinking random fan took over the controls of the NE Patriots. I’m happy but very surprised. The Patriots are in panic mode trying to keep up. 

It's not entirely Beane/McDermott.

Seeing Tom Brady and Gronk win the Superbowl with a new team had the most to do with it I wager.

It all still goes with the QB though.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Roflmao Brady is probably like “I asked for this TWO YEARS AGO! WTH!” Lol part of me  hopes they pull off a Watson trade. Add him to this team with a good O line, good RB, Good TE, average WR with what I am expecting be a top 5 D.. lol a man can dream right! (Before anyone loses their mind NO I DONT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN. )

No Joke, Belicheck has made some impressive additions

Historically "Buying a team" of high-priced FA to put together has not necessarily worked very well for a number of teams who tried it.

And it still all depends upon who the QB is.

But I give him props, Belicheck is doing a good job of bringing in the players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

No, I think Tom Brady leaving New England and winning the super bowl in his very first season with another team was a huge blow to Belichick’s ego.

I remember reading Reports that Belichick has always felt he was much more responsible for the Pats dynasty than Brady. He felt it was the Patriots system that made Brady so successful and that he could plug in another QB and continue winning. 

Seeing the opposite happen has to be a blow to his ego.

I also think he’s sending the message that losing will not be tolerated in New England and he’s willing to change the way he goes about adding talent to fix it.

Yeah, it took last year for them to realize they can no longer do business as usual. And that without a quarterback of Bradys abilities, it’s not so easy to win games in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not entirely Beane/McDermott.

Seeing Tom Brady and Gronk win the Superbowl with a new team had the most to do with it I wager.

It all still goes with the QB though.

No Joke, Belicheck has made some impressive additions

Historically "Buying a team" of high-priced FA to put together has not necessarily worked very well for a number of teams who tried it.

And it still all depends upon who the QB is.

But I give him props, Belicheck is doing a good job of bringing in the players.

I think he brought them in to see if Cam has anything left in Pre Season if  not it will be a rookie QB starting. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it took last year for them to realize they can no longer do business as usual. And that without a quarterback of Bradys abilities, it’s not so easy to win games in the NFL.

I was shocked they went 7-9 and were a couple dumb fumbles away from being 9-7 with a JV squad.  Proved to me how good of a coach BB is to get that much out of a bad team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooooh, the old "see if the QB looks good in pre-season" 😇

Lol well everyone blamed the talent around Cam for his struggles.. I mean so what if he bounced passes or threw them so high airplanes were hit..  I am hoping he trades for a QB (say Jimmy G) or moves up in the draft to get one like (Mac Jones)

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Honestly, I have thought about this watching all the moves they have made. Thinking that BB might be willing to ransom basically the entirety of his next 2 drafts to get Watson and maybe then some. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Honestly, I have thought about this watching all the moves they have made. Thinking that BB might be willing to ransom basically the entirety of his next 2 drafts to get Watson and maybe then some. 

Not gonna happen. If the Texans are willing to trade him, much less within the AFC, they would do it to the Dolphins, who have much better draft picks.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Smith & Henry are very good TE's but with an inaccurate Cam throwing to them, this might implode. Now if Bill trades up to get Lance, then things get interesting. 

Lance would still be a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I think people need to take a look at the Pats' remaining cap space. They set themselves up for a huge buying spree this year, and this was always expected. 

Was it though?

Granted they had massive cap space, but Kraft has always been cheap.

The Pats know they have to be good—- like, Super Bowl contender good— to keep that brand/franchise clicking along.  The Red Sox can be mediocre for a while and still sell tickets.  Same with the Bruins.  The Pats have a ton of band wagon fans that will fade away almost immediately with a couple more crappy seasons.  

3 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

The Pats know they have to be good—- like, Super Bowl contender good— to keep that brand/franchise clicking along.  The Red Sox can be mediocre for a while and still sell tickets.  Same with the Bruins.  The Pats have a ton of band wagon fans that will fade away almost immediately with a couple more crappy seasons.  

you think a season ticket waitlist of around 60,000 people will just evaporate overnight if they don’t bounce back right away? 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

you think a season ticket waitlist of around 60,000 people will just evaporate overnight if they don’t bounce back right away? 

Within a few years, absolutely.   Especially at the price they are charging.  That’s exactly what happened to the Redskins.   And that’s been a historically much more loyal fan base 

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was it though?

Granted they had massive cap space, but Kraft has always been cheap.

This is untrue. Kraft is pretty much hands off and let’s BB make the deals. 

Also they never been cheap they just spread the wealth around so they had good backups as well as good starters.  Which helped them win a lot of games.. (helps when you have the GOAT at QB. Lol)

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

BB a HOF coach has always been very passive with FA early in the process . The Patriots usually come in late looking for bargain binge prices. And often succeed. They always let more people walk than take in FA. And reap the benefits of extra draft picks. Why the change this year? Brandon Beane is the reason. BB and the Patriots have had a front row seat watching the Bills transformation by Beane. The Patriots have been triggered by the Bills & the success of TB in Tampa. The problem for NE is that their not good at this. They look like some day drinking random fan took over the controls of the NE Patriots. I’m happy but very surprised. The Patriots are in panic mode trying to keep up. 

No reason to think it's a meltdown. We'll see that as we watch things play out.

And no reason to think it's the Bills creating it. More likely it's simply how bad the Pats have been.

This is a knee-jerk reaction and there's nothing specific that proves any of it. There's every reason to think that the reason they are jumping in early is first that they don't have the talent they used to, second that they have far more money than they usually do. They were expected to do a lot more than they usually do.

They appear to be looking at their problems very realistically. Their drafting has been bad for the last four years or so. They're further away than they've been in a long time. They have a lot of needs and a lot of money.