John Ross as WR replacement for JohnBrown

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

If he was then you would not be signing him for next to nothing

I mean, sure, if you're signing to a camp tryout to see if somehow everything clicks, then yeah, you always bring in a guy like that if there's literally zero risk. But this is FA day 2 and the suggestion is that he'd be replacing our WR2 so those two aren't exactly apples to apples. If, after we sign higher priority FAs, and fill other holes through the draft he's still around and we're really signing him for "next to nothing", I'd be all in, but that wasn't really the suggestion...

"Speed" is great, and sure it's interesting to think about him running as fast as he can in a straight line while Allen throws the ball 80 yards downfield, but that's not really realistic football. That -- and injuries -- are why Ross has never amounted to anything in the league. I'd personally rather take a chance on a guy like Perriman in FA or Ihmir Smith-Marsette as an UDFA.

Dalton never had much of an arm, neither does Burrow and although I love Burrow and I think he will be a great QB, he doesn’t necessarily have an elite arm, he’s more of a surgeon. Ross could be deadly if paired with Allen. I do think he would be an upgrade over McKenzie, especially with Daboll using Ross in design plays to get the ball to him. Wouldn’t pay a whole lot but yes I do think he would do a lot better here with Allen & Daboll.

Edited by Victory Formation

I’m not sure as a replacement, but yes.  I think Davis is the replacement, but Ross is a good depth, deep threat.  I do believe he needs a change of scenery.  Being a former CB he could also be a good gunner.