Who Are the Best Remaining Pass Rushers on Day 2 of FA?

4 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For a moment I thought, “I don’t think they’re really all that invested in developing Klein” 🤦‍♂️ 

Funny thing is that Klein actually flashed potential when they used him right. He made some impact plays after a dreadful start. 

AJ Epenesa is the one who could turn the corner and become a force on D. At least we hope.

16 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Yes, precisely why they got crushed by TB. And if they don't beefup their OL, they're in for another b-slapping by a great D with a great pass rush.

Their two starters were not playing in the SB. Just saying 

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Draft one. 

Notice Ravens are one of the most if not the most Analytical Football team in the NFL and they would not pay either of their pass rushers. 

offenses today make paying Huge money to DEs the wrong move. 

The SB champs say you don't know what you're talking about. 

26 minutes ago, Tortured Soul said:

Still out there heading into Day 3: Houston, Ingram, Clowney, Dunlap, and Reddick.

None are perfect fits, but all are upgrades on Addison.

I think strictly as a player, Clowney is pretty much perfect for what the Bills writers believe McBeane are looking for in an edge guy. 

Versatile, good against the run, can set the edge, and can get pressure on the QB as well.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tortured Soul said:

Still out there heading into Day 3: Houston, Ingram, Clowney, Dunlap, and Reddick.

If they sign someone, it will be a Murphy replacement, no? 

1 hour ago, Tortured Soul said:

It's not my money, but if it were, I wouldn't invest in old pass rushers, players that have been blatantly stealing paychecks (Clowney), and guys who go all-pro in their contract year (Reddick).    

I suspect the league as a whole doesn't trust Reddick's 2020 performance to be sustainable, and that's perhaps a reason why he remains unsigned.

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

If they sign someone, it will be a Murphy replacement, no? 

I hear what you're saying, but all I can say is I hope not.

17 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's not my money, but if it were, I wouldn't invest in old pass rushers, players that have been blatantly stealing paychecks (Clowney), and guys who go all-pro in their contract year (Reddick).    

I think it depends on the size of the investment. With each passing day, it gets smaller. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Tom Brady didn't harass Mahomes all game long, maybe after the game was over who knows. With no pass rush it will be hard to compete against those top teams, which is why Mahomes tore us up.

Was the pass rush so great because they are so good???  Or was it because they faced a ***** game plan and 2 BU OTs?  

again I have made my point. On overpaying DEs. Let’s see if TB repeats now that they paid a high priced DE and see if that contract is earned. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Was the pass rush so great because they are so good???  Or was it because they faced a ***** game plan and 2 BU OTs?  

again I have made my point. On overpaying DEs. Let’s see if TB repeats now that they paid a high priced DE and see if that contract is earned. 

Based on his play the last 2 seasons, Barrett has earned his money.  The question is, will be continue to be worth his contract.  Most players get paid based on their production in the previous season/s.  

the pass rush was great because the bucs have good pass rushers and because the chiefs OL was terrible.  Combination of both. The Bucs harassed Rodgers all game in the nfccg, sacked him 5 times.  The packers losing Bakhtiari was obviously an issue, but the packers OL was pretty dominant all season.  In week 4, the packers had bakhtiari and Rodgers had his worst game as a pro, partly due to the pass rush dominating.

losing Vea for the majority of the season really hurt them.  When he returned, and he’ll be back next year, they showed out 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Based on his play the last 2 seasons, Barrett has earned his money.  The question is, will be continue to be worth his contract.  Most players get paid based on their production in the previous season/s.  

the pass rush was great because the bucs have good pass rushers and because the chiefs OL was terrible.  Combination of both. The Bucs harassed Rodgers all game in the nfccg, sacked him 5 times.  The packers losing Bakhtiari was obviously an issue, but the packers OL was pretty dominant all season.  In week 4, the packers had bakhtiari and Rodgers had his worst game as a pro, partly due to the pass rush dominating.

losing Vea for the majority of the season really hurt them.  When he returned, and he’ll be back next year, they showed out 

That’s the issue. Just like when RBs were phased out ai saw that coming. Now I see Offenses run to stop the 3 plus second routes which hurt DE production. 

Add that to Mobile QBs now being where everyone is going yet another scheme to neutralize that DE. 

obviously when you get behind and need to push those longer routes that is still when those DEs can get home. 

The issue I see if fans either don’t want to see trends or refuse to see the game changing that challenges their thinking. Heck we still have people wanting a highly paid RB in all fan bases. And players like Hughes get criticized because he isn’t getting sacks (well hard to do when Ball out in 2.1 seconds).

Bills offense is set up to be one of those teams with the route running and lateral quickness of Beasley, Diggs and now Sanders.  Good luck trying to get sacks against a Mobile Allen with the lateral quickness of those three. Right there just schemed out a 22M DE. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That’s the issue. Just like when RBs were phased out ai saw that coming. Now I see Offenses run to stop the 3 plus second routes which hurt DE production. 

Add that to Mobile QBs now being where everyone is going yet another scheme to neutralize that DE. 

obviously when you get behind and need to push those longer routes that is still when those DEs can get home. 

The issue I see if fans either don’t want to see trends or refuse to see the game changing that challenges their thinking. Heck we still have people wanting a highly paid RB in all fan bases. And players like Hughes get criticized because he isn’t getting sacks (well hard to do when Ball out in 2.1 seconds).

Bills offense is set up to be one of those teams with the route running and lateral quickness of Beasley, Diggs and now Sanders.  Good luck trying to get sacks against a Mobile Allen with the lateral quickness of those three. Right there just schemed out a 22M DE. 

Every scheme has a kyptonite.  In many cases, having the proper personnel to combat the scheme is necessary.  The Bills don’t have the corners to play any sort of man D vs teams with multiple

talented WRs.  Being able to play different schemes and be versatile is the way of the nfl right now imo. If you do one thing well and can’t be effective unless you are doing that one thing, you’ll probably lose.  Teams need to be able to be multidimensional.  The Bucs didn’t run to start the season.  That changed and was key to them winning the super bowl.  

being good at one thing and only one thing on either side of the ball is a slippery slope if you want to win the super bowl. 

I still think the issue is the DT's. We had a top 5 defense 2 years ago with Hughes and Murphy and the same back 7 as we had last year. Only difference being Star and Phillips. Oliver is as good as Phillip's (in my opinion) and AJ will be as good if not better than Murphy. So really the biggest change and was missing  was Star. And of course Milano missing a few games. Again, I'm all for getting an edge rusher, but push from the middle and stopping the run would be my priority. Draft a CB and DE early but give me Shelvin, McNeill in the middle of draft or even  Danny Shelton in FA. Don't spend a bunch of money on the FA's that are still available.. Need a big guy in the middle of the line. Hopefully Star is ready, but I don't want to have that as a missing piece again.

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

You can repeat this over and over and I will show you a million different scenarios.... Both SB NYG Vs. Pats, Tampa bay SB with Sapp, Simieon Rice, Derrik Brooks etc., Ravens 2000 defense. It's not just a fad, it's a necessity to have a pass rush. Why would you argue that? Not really understanding the argument that you are clearly losing.