Who Are the Best Remaining Pass Rushers on Day 2 of FA?

Considering they don’t have any money and I don’t see Beane restructuring contracts to push money in the future and have issues down the road with the cap I’m not expecting any moves for a while.  Maybe a minimum contract or two on a couple guys for 1 year.  

Two guys I find intriguing are Tanoh KPassagnon from the Chiefs who started for them and could be the edge setter type. 

The other is Demarcus Walker who was a star pass rusher at FSU and has been stuck behind some good pass rushers in Denver. Neither is a star but would be upgrades in depth, are younger, and have bigger body types . Two guys with upside that haven’t hit their potential yet 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know what, they went into last year with these guys as their top 4. I have convinced myself this is who they believe can get the job done. 

The AFC Championship proved otherwise

Edited by ganesh
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

what about Takkarist McKinley?...he's only 25 and showed some good seasons...don't know much about him so I'll let you guys fill it in...if the Bills could help him back to his potential then I wouldn't mind him and Gerald Everett (TE) then call it till draft

Everett is an upgrade not sure McKinley would be but he's young and has upside, nothing wrong taking a chance. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Draft one. 

Notice Ravens are one of the most if not the most Analytical Football team in the NFL and they would not pay either of their pass rushers. 

offenses today make paying Huge money to DEs the wrong move. 

Tell that to Tampa Bay and get Mahomes take on it as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

Von Miller (assuming he gets to walk)

Dunlap

Which others?  I feel this is our biggest need and am not familiar enough with the talent out there. 

So Von Miller stays in Pittsburgh. 

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2134798   has a pretty good breakdown of some "names" I thought

DL

Ndamukong Suh

His pass-rushing skills have deteriorated in recent years, but Suh remains one of the league's best run-stuffing defenders. (...)

Jurrell Casey

A torn triceps killed his only season with the Broncos in 2020, but Casey made five straight Pro Bowls from 2015-19. (....)

Tyson Alualu

Alualu was shockingly dominant last season. He'll be a major addition for whoever lands him if he can repeat that performance(....)

Larry Ogunjobi

Ogunjobi shows occasional flashes, but he profiles as a rotational tackle rather than an every-down contributor. (....)

Lawrence Guy

A valuable member of the Patriots' last two Super Bowl teams, Guy offers quality run defense but not much else. (....)

Sheldon Rankins

Rankins hasn't been the same since rupturing his Achilles in January 2019, but he could be a steal if he can return to peak form. (....)

Of that list, I'm most interested in Casey and Alualu.  I've liked Alualu when he was drafted.  A torn triceps seems like something one can return from more easily.

I don't trust comebacks from Achilles and while we need run-stuffing, we need pass rush too.

Edge

Haason Reddick

Any club that signs Reddick will get a defender trying to prove he's not a one-year wonder. After posting 7.5 sacks through his first three seasons, the 2017 first-round pick notched 12.5 sacks along with six forced fumbles in 2020.

Justin Houston

Aging like a fine wine, the 32-year-old Houston posted 19 sacks and three safeties over two seasons with the Colts. He's now managed eight-plus sacks in four straight years.

Carlos Dunlap

Dunlap showed he can still get the job done with his five sacks and 14 quarterback hits over eight games for the Seahawks in 2020. (...)

Melvin Ingram

Ingram may have cost himself some money trying to play through a knee injury in 2020. After failing to register a sack over seven games, he might need to re-establish his value on a short-term deal.

Jadeveon Clowney

The days of Clowney searching for a megadeal appear to be over, as he's managed just three sacks over his last 21 games.

Ryan Kerrigan

Kerrigan can contribute as a situational pass-rusher, but he's stated his desire to return to a starting role. The 32-year-old could face a cold market

Olivier Vernon

Vernon is coming off a nine-sack campaign with the Browns, but he's expected to miss most of the 2021 season recovering from a torn Achilles.

At 6'1", 235 I don't think Reddick nor Ingram at 6'2", 247  fits the profile of what Frazier and McDermott look for on DL but maybe they should change their profile. 

At 6'3" 270, Justin Houston could fit it better.  Dunlap I suppose, or Kerrigan although a guy who is particular about how he's used vs. "I'll do whatever to help the team win" doesn't sound "process" to me.

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

They must have some faith that AJ is going to take a big step forward in year 2. It would have been nice to reign in a stud EDGE who could set the tone for the defense, but the FO must think that team defense will prevail over individual stars. 

For a moment I thought, “I don’t think they’re really all that invested in developing Klein” 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Justin Houston.

It only took 10 years but @Estro and I would finally be vindicated with this signing.

Was banging the table to take him in 2011 when he was still available in the 3rd (which is still unbelievable).

However, I think we're too late on this now. Don't need another 32 year old DE.

7 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

what about Takkarist McKinley?...he's only 25 and showed some good seasons...don't know much about him so I'll let you guys fill it in...if the Bills could help him back to his potential then I wouldn't mind him and Gerald Everett (TE) then call it till draft

oh well...guess Browns are signing him