Fitz to Washington

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Fitz went from retiring due to a lukewarm market to a 10 million dollar contract and a starting job on a playoff team. He's like a phoenix 

$10 MILLION for an aging, worn out perennial backup quarterback? The Bills are going to have to pay Allen a fortune! 

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

$10 MILLION for an aging, worn out perennial backup quarterback? The Bills are going to have to pay Allen a fortune! 

Fitz is aging like a fine wine. He is getting better. If Miami didn’t bench him, they make the playoffs. Obviously he still has his physical limitations but guy has putting up numbers and that Miami offense wasn’t really that talented.

man, I love Fitz. So happy for him. It’s nice to see a guy from Harvard make something of himself.  If Washington is smart, they will try to draft a qb to learn from Fitz but don’t play him until they are eliminated from playoff contention.

10 hours ago, wppete said:

He will retire as a bill... best Buffalo QBs the last 30 years:

Jim Kelly

Josh Allen

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Doug Flutie

Andy Dalton

How can you possibly not include Drew Bledsoe?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What's perplexing to me is that Cam got 14 million while clearly being a much worse QB than Fitz, who got 10. Lol Pats.

47 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

How can you possibly not include Drew Bledsoe?

What's perplexing to me is that Cam got 14 million while clearly being a much worse QB than Fitz, who got 10. Lol Pats.

you are right! Completely forgot about Drew Bledsoe!!! 

6 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

We can't do that because he would be President for 4 years, released, then will become the King of England, then the Pope.  I can't handle that kind of turnover.

Pope Fitz I!!!   Love it!  

I never thought I'd say this, but...

I will root for the Washington Football Team this year!

Fitz will always and forever be one of my all-time favorite NFL players, and nothing will ever change that. Go win the NFC East, Fitzy!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Is cool from a Buffalo standpoint as he'll get to play a game in Buffalo, I'm sure he'll get a big hand.

Hope the Bills play them early before he gets benched again for some rookie draft pick.

Would be cool if people clapped so loud when he was on offense he could not hear snap count.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/15/2021 at 11:08 PM, WMDman said:

The WFT doesn’t deserve Fitz. Trash organization

They certainly have been, and with the Snyde running the show, will likely continue to be, Ron Rivera can only do so much, but having Snyder’s behavior undermining your efforts...

On 3/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, wppete said:

you are right! Completely forgot about Drew Bledsoe!!! 

That’s easy to do...

My prediction is Fitz will be on the bench by the time they play Buffalo.  Doesn't matter that I don't know when the game will be scheduled.  It's his history..  And I see Tyrod is off to Houston.  Following in Fitz's footsteps to join as many teams as possible.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:47 AM, SoCal Deek said:

$10m is nothing! Tie rod got $12, and i know who id rather have.  Fitz has looked better and better the last 2 years to the eyeball test.  Hard to explain and not going to make pointed assumptions, but his arm has somehow gotten stronger.  Good for him, its a good situation for him and i get to watch another year.  Please for the love of God get in a broadcast booth when its time to hang them up!!!

On 3/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

$10m is nothing! Tie rod got $12, and i know who id rather have.  Fitz has looked better and better the last 2 years to the eyeball test.  Hard to explain and not going to make pointed assumptions, but his arm has somehow gotten stronger.  Good for him, its a good situation for him and i get to watch another year.  Please for the love of God get in a broadcast booth when its time to hang them up!!!

IMO...Fitz has noticeably improved his throwing technique, not just from his feet, but the same "rotational throwing" thing that Allen worked on this off season.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did that same whole-body map that Allen did last off season and has been working on it the last couple years.  He also IMO has looked fitter and less paunchy.

Of course "better living through chemistry" could also be involved

• Like (+1) 1