Hendrickson to Bengals

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Ugh. So much more than I expected. This DE class is too rich for the Bills cap-thin blood. Scrap for the cap it seems.

Not necessarily directed towards you - just a random vent post..

The Bills are not cash strapped, we just choose to be right now.  

Im sorry, but if this team with a rookie contract QB, rookie contract RB’s, rookie contract TE, rookie contract WR2, no stud D-Linemen and no CB2 is “cash strapped”, we have a problem. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Why wouldn’t the bengals just re-sign Lawson if they are going to commit that much to a pass rusher..

Did Lawson want out or something?

Because Lawson sucks vs the run imo

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Im sorry, but if this team with a rookie contract QB, rookie contract RB’s, rookie contract TE, rookie contract WR2, no stud D-Linemen and no CB2 is “cash strapped”, we have a problem. 

seems we blew too much on Addison, Milano.   Replace Addison with a game changing DE and draft Milano replacement. Getting a value in Milano is not a value if it straps you from getting impact players.  

Just now, SCBills said:

That's the downside of spending 100M on defense.  Something's gotta give eventually. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The “no stud D-Lineman” isn’t from lack of trying.... they have a ***** ton of money and picks already invested in the defensive line, they just aren’t very good....

I think Oliver and Epenesa have potential.   

DE’s, outside the elite prospects, tend to take some time to develop.   Oliver was screwed over by Star opting out, which caused a ripple effect on the line.  

But yea...Hughes OR Addison are fine opposite a younger pass rusher - instead we have both plus money tied up in Butler because “RoTaTiOn”.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Man all this guys chasing the money 

I don't fault guys for chasing the cash. Shelf life as an NFL player is short. Can't always cash in and be on a competitive team. Trash teams usually have the most money to spend.

• Like (+1) 1

Fools gold if you ask me. He had what, like 6.5 sacks his first three years in total? Now he gets 15.5 in a contract year? That's a hell of a pay day for a guy with 22 sacks in 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't fault guys for chasing the cash. Shelf life as an NFL player is short. Can't always cash in and be on a competitive team. Trash teams usually have the most money to spend.

Yea and usually there career turns to trash too I think I could live on 25$ million with a contender then 35$ with a trash team. And it usually comes full circle if you play for a good team and put up good numbers you can get another decent contract. But  when your on a trash team your next contract will be trash. It happens every year 

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not necessarily directed towards you - just a random vent post..

In a normal year thats probably correct.  The Bills reupped their Franchise LT, and #1 cb with the expectation the cap would be over 200 million dollars this year.  They also just resigned two of the best free agents on the market.

Can we stop being upset they didnt overspend for above average pass rushers?

• Like (+1) 1

With Star returning, the entire line will be better. Wise move by Beane not to panic and overspend on anyone the first day of FA. He'll sign a a few veteran prove-it deals for depth, and the Bills D will be back in top form next year.