Upgrade status at EDGE: Hendrickson or trade or draft or bust?

38 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Would be odd to be in deep with Watt and not make at least a semi-big splash at DE. Team is win now, drafting one prob won’t help much right now 

The situation about Watt wasn't based on the field production merely, they wanted a consummated pro that can teach the younger players already on the team, and possibly a rookie how to be a pro

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's an upgrade on Mario Addison but if we're gonna pay out big buck multi-year contracts, I wish we'd go younger.

I don’t think we’re gonna.  The big buck multi year contracts went to signing our own.  Now we need the finishing piece veteran ring chasers.  Dunlap, Rhodes, Rudolph, Sanders.  

Beane has been great but I’m sorry he missed a great chance here by bringing Milano and Addison back 

you could have had Yannick or Lawson... smh just a dumb decision honestly 

we saw Milano against the chiefs, he torched 

we saw him against the colts, he got torched 

43 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Would be odd to be in deep with Watt and not make at least a semi-big splash at DE. Team is win now, drafting one prob won’t help much right now 

And where we draft your probably not getting an impact one regardless, statistically 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Clowney for one year is a good fall back option. Draft Paye or Rousseau or Ossai at pick 30 and let them develop for a year behind the vets.

Why, he has like 3 sacks in two years and the same attitude that Mario Williams had.  I pass

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But which one of those guys is going to make a big difference in year one?  We need a bump is pass rush ASAP.  

I like several pass rushers in this draft, but none are sure things and some of them are going to need some time to develop.  We need a sure thing.  Like Diggs last season

We don’t have the $$$$ to sign a big name to a big contract this year.... I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with a 1 year prove it real with a guy like Jedaveon Clowney... I’m ok with that, let him rotate and stay fresh and healthy...,

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

We don’t have the $$$$ to sign a big name to a big contract this year.... I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with a 1 year prove it real with a guy like Jedaveon Clowney... I’m ok with that, let him rotate and stay fresh and healthy...,

Clowney is still athletic and good against the run.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Clowney is still athletic and good against the run.

He is but he can’t stay on the field, way too

many injuries.... bring him in on a $4-$5 million 1 year prove it deal and it’s doable. Other then that it’s the draft.... maybe a cheap deal on Carlos Dunlap.... that’s it, no $$$$$ left... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I don’t hate Clowney for like 5m. He is a disruptive player who would do well in our rotation- he’s just never gonna be a 15 sack guy. 

That is true, forget the mega sacks, But I still like his athleticism and disruptive tendencies. 

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

He is but he can’t stay on the field, way too

many injuries.... bring him in on a $4-$5 million 1 year prove it deal and it’s doable. Other then that it’s the draft.... maybe a cheap deal on Carlos Dunlap.... that’s it, no $$$$$ left... 

Yes...unfortunately that is the risk. Perhaps a prove it deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

That’s nonsense.  There are plenty of ways to sign someone to a 20m+ year contract. If we are truly all in, we can restructure Tre, Diggs, dawkins, Poyer.   Structure the contract to take a small hit this year and more later.  We can make it happen.  How bad to they want it.  It’s what the Chiefs did two years ago when they traded for Frank Clark.  He made all the difference.  We need someone that can do what he does.

Just now, NewEra said:

That’s nonsense.  There are plenty of ways to sign someone to a 20m+ year contract. If we are truly all in, we can restructure Tre, Diggs, dawkins, Poyer.   Structure the contract to take a small hit this year and more later.  We can make it happen.  How bad to they want it.  It’s what the Chiefs did two years ago when they traded for Frank Clark.  He made all the difference.  We need someone that can do what he does.

Who would that $20 million player be right now? On defense?