Upgrade status at EDGE: Hendrickson or trade or draft or bust?

Judon gone!

Dupree gone!

Lawson gone!

Ngakoue gone!

Autry gone!

Okwara gone!

all (except Autry) between 13 mill and 18 mill aav, which is quite reasonable.

so, we shd be all in on Hendrickson or trade for a guy like Danielle Hunter? Any other top tier guy left in FA?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

I hope Hendrickson is plan A, but I think he’s going to get 15M+ like the rest.  We can make room for that but tbh, if we’re going to pay that dude 15M, I’d rather trade for and pay Hunter 22M+.  

I like Hendrickson, buI I’d be a little worried that he doesn’t move needle enough to win the SB and his contract could keep us from making the proper moves to get us over the top in the future.....but we have to add someone.

justin Houston or clowney on a one year deal could be enticing.

Reddick could be fun.  If we went after him, I would think that we’d be switching up our scheme some and adding some new wrinkles in bringing the heat.  Not a bad idea?  Is his price tag over 14M now too?

23 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Judon gone!

Dupree gone!

Lawson gone!

Ngakoue gone!

Autry gone!

Okwara gone!

so, we shd be all in on Hendrickson or trade for a guy like Danielle Hunter? Any other top tier guy left in FA?

Hendrickson and Kerrigan should be the number 1 target anyways...These other guys make me want to puke thinking about big bucks wasted... Addison all over again!

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope Hendrickson is plan A, but I think he’s going to get 15M+ like the rest.  We can make room for that but tbh, if we’re going to pay that dude 15M, I’d rather trade for and pay Hunter 22M+.  

I like Hendrickson, buI I’d be a little worried that he doesn’t move needle enough to win the SB and his contract could keep us from making the proper moves to get us over the top in the future.....but we have to add someone.

justin Houston or clowney on a one year deal could be enticing.

Reddick could be fun.  If we went after him, I would think that we’d be switching up our scheme some and adding some new wrinkles in bringing the heat.  Not a bad idea?  Is his price tag over 14M now too?

I think Reddick is right in the $14 range.

Like said above, hard to be all in on Watt and not snagging one of these guys. Hendrickson, Hunter and possibly Von are what make sense now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

A lot of options in the draft on the cheap.

But which one of those guys is going to make a big difference in year one?  We need a bump is pass rush ASAP.  

I like several pass rushers in this draft, but none are sure things and some of them are going to need some time to develop.  We need a sure thing.  Like Diggs last season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Judon gone!

Dupree gone!

Lawson gone!

Ngakoue gone!

Autry gone!

Okwara gone!

dont love Hendrickson but maybe he’d live up to it. Just not buying this high on him though.

40 minutes ago, Tortured Soul said:

I'll take Justin Houston.

He's an upgrade on Mario Addison but if we're gonna pay out big buck multi-year contracts, I wish we'd go younger.

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t believe we’re talking edge pass rusher and people want Clowney 😂😂 

I can't believe it either, but...