Lawson to Jets

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I get your point.  I just think unlikely we get a bust at 30.  Also if the FA DE is a beast I’m not complaining. 

Again both the draft and FA are not exact science. If we let Milano walk and overspent on a FA DE that didn’t pan out on top of a draft bust at 30. Everyone on this board would be going after Beane with a vengeance, it’s amazing how weeks to months ago you guys were praying that we keep Milano and now you guys are pissed we re signed him I don’t get it

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again both the draft and FA are not exact science. If we let Milano walk and overspent on a FA DE that didn’t pan out on top of a draft bust at 30. Everyone on this board would be going after Beane with a vengeance, it’s amazing how weeks to months ago you guys were praying that we keep Milano and now you guys are pissed we re signed him I don’t get it

Also Paxton lynch was drafted I believe either at 30 or 31. Ask Denver if that paid off for them

• Agree 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Something to be said about knowing the guy in your building. You know how he practices, watches film and performs on the field. 
I’m personally more comfortable with them paying our own than targeting guys who may not work hard or performed in their contract year. 
Lawson may be legit and have room to improve. We shall see. Hard to imagine the guys paid millions of dollars who say they want to improve the pass rush and tight end room don’t have a plan on addressing those needs. I think most expected to see this first wave of top guys gone, maybe even the next wave gone before buffalo signs anyone. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In fairness, the only guy the majority of this board wanted re-signed was Williams.   

People were very split on Milano and Feliciano.  

Coupled with keeping Addison/Butler, and watching all these young pass rushers fly off the rack today, the angst is justified.   

I trust Beane and think we’re lucky to have him, but it doesn’t mean he’s beyond reproach.   A lot of people here hated the Carolina-Connection Star/Addison signings and here we are with those two.. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also Paxton lynch was drafted I believe either at 30 or 31. Ask Denver if that paid off for them

I was ambivalent about Milano if it means an elite DE.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

In fairness, the only guy the majority of this board wanted re-signed was Williams.   

People were very split on Milano and Feliciano.  

Coupled with keeping Addison/Butler, and watching all these young pass rushers fly off the rack today, the angst is justified.   

I trust Beane and think we’re lucky to have him, but it doesn’t mean he’s beyond reproach.   A lot of people hated the Star/Addison signings and here we are with those two.. 

no I read quite a bit of posts where majority wanted to keep Milano, I didn’t even think we would be able to keep either of them. Beane found a way to keep all 3. Also you don’t build a team through FA you build through the draft, while yeah it’s boring that we’re not picking Day 1 of FA I’m totally fine with it and signing mid tier FA and building through the draft.

14 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

You just explained it...we got two good players instead of one that may be marginally better than either of the two.

Two positions filled, and one less roster spot to have to fill with a missing starter.

Difference is the marginally.... I don’t think it all that marginal 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I was ambivalent about Milano if it means an elite DE.  

I’m very glad we kept him. He does impact games. His reported “weakness is “are, in my opinion, overblown.Maybe I have a different definition of “elite“. Lawson is a calculated risk, he is not elite. He may end up being elite or not. I think Milano is a very good linebacker and has been undervalued by a lot of posters here.I’m very glad we kept him. He definitely impacts games, his injury issues are overblown and his alleged weaknesses are overblown in my opinion.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

no I read quite a bit of posts where majority wanted to keep Milano, I didn’t even think we would be able to keep either of them. Beane found a way to keep all 3. Also you don’t build a team through FA you build through the draft, while yeah it’s boring that we’re not picking Day 1 of FA I’m totally fine with it and signing mid tier FA and building through the draft.

I have a feeling Beane will shut me up before FA is all said and done, but for how great he’s been.. our DL was a travesty this past year relative to the investments.  As of now, we’ve simply replaced Jefferson/Murphy with Star - a dude who nobody even knows if he’s in playing shape, let alone going to even play. 

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lawson wanted to come here?

Did I miss this?

It's not worth complaining over UFAs you wanted signing somewhere else.  

I'm sure it's not as simple as we liked Addison and Milano more.  

For some complaining has more enjoyment than anything else.

Jerry Sullivan still has disciples on this board.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I never once prayed for Milano... in fact I was very open that if it costs you a DE then let him walk 

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

I’m very glad we kept him. He does impact games. His reported “weakness is “are, in my opinion, overblown.Maybe I have a different definition of “elite“. Lawson is a calculated risk, he is not elite. He may end up being elite or not. I think Milano is a very good linebacker and has been undervalued by a lot of posters here.I’m very glad we kept him. He definitely impacts games, his injury issues are overblown and his alleged weaknesses are overblown in my opinion.

No not a lot of posters.  Just some who are very loud.

Just now, Limeaid said:

For some complaining has more enjoyment than anything else.

Jerry Sullivan still has disciples on this board.

Why is having a different opinion considered complaining? I don’t agree with paying Milano rather than a DE 

but I have continually said beane has done a great job... good grief god forbid someone disagrees with beane 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

mad respect for that... I’m just super confused why we are going Milano instead of a Yannick, Lawson or Hendrickson 

🤢

I didn't think Milano back at that price for a guy who's been injured that much was ideal, but acting like Beane and McDermott don't know what they're doing is silly. They've had a top ten defense for 3 of the last 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

🤢

I didn't think Milano back at that price for a guy who's been injured that much was ideal, but acting like Beane and McDermott don't know what they're doing is silly. They've had a top ten defense for 3 of the last 4 years. 

I know they do... just voicing my opinion 

I have given Brandon credit numerous times on This thread 

7 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Why is having a different opinion considered complaining? I don’t agree with paying Milano rather than a DE 

but I have continually said beane has done a great job... good grief god forbid someone disagrees with beane 

Respond to the person who brought up complaining.

54 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

I’m clueless because I want a pass rusher instead of a coverage linebacker 

so tell me since I’m clueless how this helps beat the chiefs again? I remember seeing Milano in that game and I remember kelce having a field day.... that happened right? 

I also remember the colts game with middle passes all day long and a running game all through the second half, you remember that right?

so instead of saying troll or worthless ***** like “clueless” address the points or maybe it’s you who are clueless and just a homer... matter of fact it’s pretty which you are 

You seem to be making the assumption that the premier pass rushers signed today would pick the Bills over the team they ended up signing with for the same money.  It’s quite possible the Bills could’ve lost Milano and failed to land one of these pass rushers.

We also don’t know if the Bills took a serious run at any of them considering this regime doesn’t leak a darn thing.

• Like (+1) 2

Some people on here are acting like the Bills have re-signed players from a 6-10 team or something.

57 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

You are under the impression that all these pass rushers want to sign with the Bills but we said “F off” we don’t want you.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Some people on here are acting like the Bills have re-signed players from a 6-10 team or something.

You are under the impression that all these pass rushers want to sign with the Bills but we said “F off” we don’t want you.

Nobody is saying that.  People are looking at this roster in relation to beating KC/Tampa etc., and staying on top of the AFCE.  

The scrutiny is much more pointed when you’re comparing yourself to the best of the best.   

Our DL was a massive weakness last year.  We also had no running game or TE threat.   Those 3 things (along with Frazier’s gameplan) killed us against KC.  

So far, we have basically the same DL, with Jefferson/Murphy swapped out for Star (maybe).   Addison, Star and Butler are all guys many on the board didn’t want, and two have been relegated to pay cuts, while the other is a mystery right now.  All 3 are tying up cap space that could’ve gone to a young pass rusher.  

We re-signed our OL - It’s likely set outside of depth.   They are great in pass pro, so let’s hope our FO believes scheme, coaching and consistency is needed for the run game.  

TE/RB, not fair to really judge them on these spots until after FA/Draft.   

Beane isn’t perfect, but he’s dang good.  He could easily shut me up, and I low key expect him too - but he’s done things we can at least discuss in non-sunshine/rainbows terms.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1