Predict the Bills first free agent signing

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Still work to do. 

McDermott specifically noted the Chiefs' speed as something the Bills will have to match in the coming years.

"I think the speed element showed up on the field the other night," he said. "I don't think it takes a coach to realize that. Speed and size, that's what this game is -- speed, size and physicality."

And boy did it show in that Chiefs game! Ouch!

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Some ST player I’ve never heard of

In recent years they would sign a ST player for $3M-$4M and a backup OL for $4M-$6M and the seals on here would be clapping and honking!

No sweat.......that's backup money!

Now that would be the first year cap figure they'd have to bring a stud pass rusher in at.:lol:

Some of that depth helped them have a legit excellent season for the first time in a coupled decades........Matakevich is a nice ST guy.........but the wizard coulda' been a little bit less generous on some of those deals.   

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The wizard loves his ex Panthers a little too much...

Can’t stop won’t stop

Now that we’ve missed on the big time pass rushers, if we don’t trade for Hunter, I could see us trying to snag Golladay or Samuel on a deal that we could get out of after 2 years.  If we can’t improve the pass rush very much, we should make sure our O is truly elite if we want to win the sb

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree on this strategy.....I soured on Golladay after last season. Very good receiver but dude sat out like 10 straight games.... can’t say I’d hate signing him though. He’s a beast when healthy. I’d love Samuel. 

I wonder if Hunter Henry is a realistic option? If Gabe is penciled in at number 2 opposite Diggs, I still like the idea of having a tight end who would demand more respect at this point than Knox. Flip side I guess it makes Knox pretty invaluable. 

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree on this strategy.....I soured on Golladay after last season. Very good receiver but dude sat out like 10 straight games.... can’t say I’d hate signing him though. He’s a beast when healthy. I’d love Samuel. 

Yeah, it wasn’t the route I was envisioning at first, but could be the biggest and best bang for our buck if we don’t land Hunter, Dunlap, Houston, Miller or Reddick. 

I like the Bucs cover 3 safety vs Chiefs. The LB coverage & safety speed helped the Bucs great pass rush effect the game. 

The Bills are challenged on defense due to their need to be big enough to hold up against the Ravens, Colts, Patriots run heavy offenses, while also  needing to be fast enough to matchup against the Chiefs, and other spread offenses. It’s really difficult to have a defense that is dominant against a variety of offenses. 

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Yannick Ngakoue.

He went to the Raiders fir $13 mil./yr., fir two years.  I was a little surprised as he was projected in value at $15.5 mil.  I would’ve liked him for his skills, but moving on.  It is a little odd he’s joining his 4th team in three years.  I can understand his issues with Ajax, but MN wasn’t a bad team, and the Ravens definitely not a bad team.  Most players like Harbaugh.