Bills sign Matakevich to 1 yr extension

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Would have preferred to straight out cut him.. his dead cap was minimal if I remember correctly...

You would have, but it would probably have been silly for the Bills to accomodate your preference here.

1) asked what one player he wanted, Matakevich was the guy for Farwell.  He's apparently the "little engine that could" that fires up the ST.  And we're probably gonna be letting a ST'er or two walk (Taiwan Jones mebbe).

2) he appears to have passed Dodson for primary backup at MLB based on the Miami game, and he really played well in that game.  We need depth at LB, and he's pretty cheap if they believe he can play D.

Rico Report (Buffalo Fanatics) interviewed him recently and he came across as really loving it here and wanting to stay.

That being the case, it makes a lot more sense to re-negotiate and keep him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good, we know the Bills like to have a few ST primary players. Hopefully Matakevich and D Johnson can be those guys. I don’t want T. Jones taking up a RB spot again.

Hopefully we find a returner who can also be a competent wr or rb. 

I would add Siran Neal to this group as well, he's a very good special teams player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It might be...

Feel like this is when Beane gets to work, the big rush is almost over and now he can work to real his fish in. It seems that this is the year to push the chips in

Fish? Chips? Are you in England?

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You would have, but it would probably have been silly for the Bills to accomodate your preference here.

1) asked what one player he wanted, Matakevich was the guy for Farwell.  He's apparently the "little engine that could" that fires up the ST.  And we're probably gonna be letting a ST'er or two walk (Taiwan Jones mebbe).

2) he appears to have passed Dodson for primary backup at MLB based on the Miami game, and he really played well in that game.  We need depth at LB, and he's pretty cheap if they believe he can play D.

Rico Report (Buffalo Fanatics) interviewed him recently and he came across as really loving it here and wanting to stay.

Well.. you are getting your wish... but I still think I am entitled to my opinion

8 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good, we know the Bills like to have a few ST primary players. Hopefully Matakevich and D Johnson can be those guys. I don’t want T. Jones taking up a RB spot again.

Hopefully we find a returner who can also be a competent wr or rb. 

You realise they don't play the same position on teams that Taiwan Jones plays, right? We will have a couple of players at the backend of the DB, WR and RB depth chart who are there primarily to play teams. 

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Fish? Chips? Are you in England?

Not unless he has mushy peas too

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rico is a freaking clown 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You realise they don't play the same position on teams that Taiwan Jones plays, right? We will have a couple of players at the backend of the DB, WR and RB depth chart who are there primarily to play teams. 

Not unless he has mushy peas too

Yes I realize you need second and third stringers to play teams. I don’t think the RB room is a good place for one of those people to come from, unless this will be the returner because of his speed. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975