Bills not tendering Levi Wallace; have offered a contract

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Greg Newsome from northwestern. I know I know northwestern but he’s fast and very technically sound 

Haven't heard of him. Gonna take a look. 👍

Edit: scratch that. I remember this guy. I figure he'd be gone mid round but damn if we could move up and land him! 🤑

Edited by ROONDOGG55
Looked up dude and remembered

I expect someone pays him like he is a complete corner. He's better than a lot of people on here give him credit for, but he has a couple holes in his game that can be exploited. My suspicion has been he would get paid and then expected to play according to his pay and the team signing him will have buyer's remorse because they didn't do their homework. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, appoo said:

thats very true and I love that the Bills are retaining their best players. It's very refreshing.

But I wasn't saying that with regards to Levi as a negative, I'm happy for the dude. It's not easy to get ahead in life, and when you have that opportunity it's good to see good people do that, and from all I've read Levi Wallace is a good man. I'd like to see him get paid after basically playing for the NFL minimum these last few years. He's got life changing money, and hopefully his next contract gets him generation changing money

Oh, I didn't think that you were ragging on him at all, and I'd understand with him more than others. I've just seen a lot of people say no players will ever do anything but take the most money. Even in some down years, players (Hughes for example) have taken less money than they could have got to stay. I'll grant misread your comment as such. 

I hope Levi stays, partially because I love the energy at which he plays. He's a better tackler than people give him credit for. Also, I love the story and want him to be part of our championship in 2021 or 2022 (well, 2022 or 2023). If he doesn't, I don't think he leaves as big a hole as Milano or Daryl Williams would have. We can probably find a CB2 (or Dane Jackson can fill his spot and a rookie can be CB4). 

• Agree 1

If they don't bring him back were drafting cb. I dont mind Levi but he can be a liability. I like the promise Dane Jackson showed although he seems way undersized. They need quality at the position opposite or Tre but I think a respectable pass rush goes a long way to improving the cb spot

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Bills Fans all season long: LEVI WALLACE SUCKS! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ON THE TEAM! REPLACE HIM WITH A TURNSTILE!

Bills Fans in the offseason: OMG! THEY BETTER REPLACE LEVI WALLACE WITH ANOTHER ALLSTAR! HE'S SO GOOD! 

He sure did decently in the Playoffs. I recall cheering him more than once.

Dane is the future. But maybe not just yet.
Wallace is good enough if we get the front seven fixed/fitted up. reasonable offer is just fine with me.

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He was really good his rookie year but last year he had more than a few really bad games

He was one player that kept gettjng better and better as year went on. Definitely took him awhile to get going but he was playing some really really good ball at end of the year and in the playoffs

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Oh, I didn't think that you were ragging on him at all, and I'd understand with him more than others. I've just seen a lot of people say no players will ever do anything but take the most money. Even in some down years, players (Hughes for example) have taken less money than they could have got to stay. I'll grant misread your comment as such. 

I hope Levi stays, partially because I love the energy at which he plays. He's a better tackler than people give him credit for. Also, I love the story and want him to be part of our championship in 2021 or 2022 (well, 2022 or 2023). If he doesn't, I don't think he leaves as big a hole as Milano or Daryl Williams would have. We can probably find a CB2 (or Dane Jackson can fill his spot and a rookie can be CB4). 

well stated. i agree with you on all points.

Last sentence resonates.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

no need to be coy roy....

Just set yourself free...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

did ya hop on the Bus Gus?  Gotta do em in order

Ya got me there.., 😁

25 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

He sure did decently in the Playoffs. I recall cheering him more than once.

Dane is the future. But maybe not just yet.
Wallace is good enough if we get the front seven fixed/fitted up. reasonable offer is just fine with me.

Dane is the future?  I’m a huge jackson fan....but we’re a team that’s looking to WIN the super bowl. Dane Jackson, a 7th rd pick has played meaningful snaps In 3 games.  And got hurt and missed time.  I really hope Beane isn’t relying on Dane Jackson to be the answer in 2021.  Can’t wait to watch him try and guard Tyreek hill in the AFCCG.  

He may have a bright future, but like you said.....maybe not yet. 50/50 chance imo.  We need another good starting corner.  I’d be happy to see Levi go.  I think his lack of athleticism is one of the reasons our defense plays so scared vs good passing teams.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Ya got me there.., 😁

part of the song of Don
"set yourself free" is the chorus
 and why he has to try so many ways to leave his lover

sneak out the back jack etc

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dane is the future?  I’m a huge jackson fan....but we’re a team that’s looking to WIN the super bowl. Dane Jackson, a 7th rd pick has played meaningful snaps In 3 games.  And got hurt and missed time.  I really hope Beane isn’t relying on Dane Jackson to be the answer in 2021.  Can’t wait to watch him try and guard Tyreek hill in the AFCCG.  

He may have a bright future, but like you said.....maybe not yet. 50/50 chance imo.  We need another good starting corner.  I’d be happy to see Levi go.  I think his lack of athleticism is one of the reasons our defense plays so scared vs good passing teams.

The future. Not 2021. I vote we still need Wallace as #2

Dane Jackson needs a real offseason and then some yet. Sorry for poor wording

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

part of the song of Don
"set yourself free" is the chorus
 and why he has to try so many ways to leave his lover

sneak out the back jack etc

The future. Not 2021. I vote we still need Wallace as #2

Dane Jackson needs a real offseason and then some yet. Sorry for poor wording

I think we need more than Wallace in 21 if we want to win the SB