Patriots add "stud" WR Kenny Bourne [edited title]

DJB

15 minutes ago, Success said:

He's a much better GM in his mind than he is here on earth.

Color me not scared.  What they did today reminds me too much of when the Bills used to win the offseason and end up in 3rd.

With what they have and add on defense that team will be scary good.  Not sure the plan on offense but I'm sure they are not done

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

With what they have and add on defense that team will be scary good.  Not sure the plan on offense but I'm sure they are not done

Scary good is a stretch, imo.  They were busy today.  They were a bad team last year, and improved.  

I'd still pick them for 3rd place by the end of the season.  

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Scary good is a stretch, imo.  They were busy today.  They were a bad team last year, and improved.  

I'd still pick them for 3rd place by the end of the season.  

Their offense was bad but their defense was at worst good with Hightower opting out, now they add Judon and a decent Anderson.  I think that defense makes them a player in the division especially with Belichick coaching

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Their offense was bad but their defense was at worst good with Hightower opting out, now they add Judon and a decent Anderson.  I think that defense makes them a player in the division especially with Belichick coaching

That's fair. I've always said that BB can coach almost any roster in the league to somewhere around .500 at worst.

I'll be more worried if they make a move at QB.  Their ceiling is only so high w/ Cam, imo.  But yeah - the AFCE will be tough next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Fair enough 

Thank you, friend. It's much appreciated.

Picking him up is an interesting move, IMO. The default mode here (me too) is to throw shade on any Pats move. I try to resist the impulse and think carefully.

Seems like Bourne is a hard worker and a good locker room guy. For his production they overpaid but his catch % is high and he seems to be getting better. I assume that like most contracts this year, they'll backload it so he doesn't cost too much this year, and also allowing him to be cut before the end if he doesn't work out. Seems like a decent get to me, not terrific or anything.

They've improved the team, I think. An awful lot will depend on their QB, whoever that may be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're supposed to be clear with your titles. 

Light-hearted is fine. Clear is required. This is very unclear, and ought to be changed.

You need a job at the daily bugle. Why so serious 

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We pretty much have everyone back from a 15-4 team and the Dolphins lost literally no one from an 11 win team it’s them that has to play catch up with the rest of the division now 

They lost Fitz which was QB for half their wins (I'm including the Raiders game).  They also got to play the Bengals and Jaguars while we played the Steelers and Titans.  Winning games with def and ST TD's wasn't sustainable down the stretch.  They're not close to us talent wise right now but if Watson goes there it's a game changer.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure I understand the interest here.   Decent #2 wideout, but he isnt exactly a burner, doesnt have reliable hands, and gives you nothing in terms of punt or kick return. 

Sounds like it worked out then. Drive the price up a bit for a division rival for a player that isn’t great at anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure I understand the interest here.   Decent #2 wideout, but he isnt exactly a burner, doesnt have reliable hands, and gives you nothing in terms of punt or kick return. 

The bills run a lot of 4 WR sets, we we have no one after diggs davis and beas right now. We need to add multiple WRs, Bourne would not have been our #2 WR.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yes, it's concerning

Why is kicking the tires concerning? Wouldnt be a an awful 3/4 option to push Davis and provide depth.  I'm sure Beane is looking at a lot of these types, of course he's not going to give them the kind of deal  Pats gave Bourne, but you gotta be in the market to see who hangs around.