Poyer recruiting...

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe he's drunk..... too soon?

It wasn't even Happy Hour yet...

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wonder how often a nfl player is influenced by another player. They want to get paid first and then have a chance to win. We got the winning down but how much are they willing to take less to come here?

Jordan Poyer by Antonio Brown, for instance....

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Bills are in good cap shape.  They have the ability to create some real space if needed.  It isn’t a big limiting factor for them this season. 

We have 6 million and have to pay draft picks. Not to mention, Beane doesn't like spending all the way to 0. Is there more ways he could come up with space? Yes. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen and I don't count on it until it does.

See: keeping Murphy last season and just skimming a couple mil off Addison and keeping him this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Bills are in good cap shape.  They have the ability to create some real space if needed.  It isn’t a big limiting factor for them this season. 

They do..........but if you are going to push money down the road in the manner you are talking about.........I think you want to do it to acquire talent at key positions, IMO.   

They need that pass rusher.    

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What's his pitch?

"Hey man - if you get no real money offers and are willing to take a huge discount bc we're broke as a joke - you should come here!"

Curious, is that what you see when you look at this team?

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

Curious, is that what you see when you look at this team?

I'm confused. My post refers strictly to our lack of cap space. We're at 6 mil with draft picks to sign and a GM who doesn't like to spend all the way to the cap. 

Could more money be freed up? Yeah, there's some moves that *could* be made. But he's done a number of cuts and restructures already and I'm not counting on more until it happens.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm confused. My post refers strictly to our lack of cap space. We're at 6 mil with draft picks to sign and a GM who doesn't like to spend all the way to the cap. 

Could more money be freed up? Yeah, there's some moves that *could* be made. But he's done a number of cuts and restructures already and I'm not counting on more until it happens.

Just an honest question.  It's not a response that would have come into my mind. 

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They do..........but if you are going to push money down the road in the manner you are talking about.........I think you want to do it to acquire talent at key positions, IMO.   

They need that pass rusher.    

DE is a big need.  It’s definitely one position they’d make such moves for. 

40 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We have 6 million and have to pay draft picks. Not to mention, Beane doesn't like spending all the way to 0. Is there more ways he could come up with space? Yes. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen and I don't count on it until it does.

See: keeping Murphy last season and just skimming a couple mil off Addison and keeping him this season.

I do not think we know what Beane will do as far as pushing the cap.  The popular narrative is what you stated, but we haven’t seen Beane in a position to need to push the cap.  The other big thing is that 2021 has big one year decrease in the cap, but it’s expected that 2022 will see a huge increase.  It really makes sense this season to structure (and restructure) contracts to aggressively push cap hits out to future seasons.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What's his pitch?

"Hey man - if you get no real money offers and are willing to take a huge discount bc we're broke as a joke - you should come here!"

Tampa and KC had similar if not worse cap situations than the Bills and they had no problem handing out huge contracts-in Tampa’s case several-so I’m not really understanding why you would be concerned about the Bills pushing money down the line. and as far as paying rookies, they are picking at the end of every round, that’s not going to cost them a whole lot.

your post just seems a little too doom and gloom 

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Tampa and KC had similar if not worse cap situations than the Bills and they had no problem handing out huge contracts-in Tampa’s case several-so I’m not really understanding why you would be concerned about the Bills pushing money down the line. and as far as paying rookies, they are picking at the end of every round, that’s not going to cost them a whole lot.

your post just seems a little too doom and gloom 

Like I said - Beane's done a lot of maneuvering the cap already. I'm not counting on all these other ideas to free up more until it happens.

That being said - he did just do something with Matakevitch, to which I assume he freed up another 1.5-2 million. But Dunlap is a pass rusher. Hard to imagine he's going to come cheap. Sometimes realism can appear "doom and gloom" to some. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That you'd have to take a discount because we're (at the moment) essentially broke? That's not even a debate - it's fact. 

I prefer the positive spin.  Barring cuts 19 (?) starters are returning from a pretty darn good team; you go to we're broke. Nothing wrong with either, just different.

Just now, Beerball said:

I prefer the positive spin.  Barring cuts 19 (?) starters are returning from a pretty darn good team; you go to we're broke. Nothing wrong with either, just different.

Oh, don't get me wrong! I love this team. I think the roster is in incredible shape. But Beane did say at the end of the year presser that we won't be making much noise and most of his efforts will be spent bringing back our guys, which he's done in spades. This is why I'm kind of down on the idea of us doing much. Maybe we land some cheaper guys on prove it deals. But I just don't see us making any big moves. And in my eyes, Dunlap (especially as a pass rushing DE) would be a little too pricey.