Roberts to Houston

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Your'e missing my point. I'm talking about the field position he gave this team on a fairly regular basis.

That may have been your intent, but in the post I responded to, you said:

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well, not sure if Bills made him an offer or not, but if this is true, good luck. Was great having a threat to take it to the house for a change. Since McGee I believe.

Now if you feel Roberts brings other advantages, that's find, but I can only recognize and respond to the points I actually read you making on here.

To which I say, "how many did he actually take to the house?" and if we agree "none", then my point is, you can't have it both ways.

If your point is something else, like he gave us great field position on a regular basis, or he was very reliable fielding punts, and you make it, then I can discussit.

But don't mention "a threat to take it to the house for a change", and then tell me I'm missing your point that he gave us great field position on a fairly regular basis.

• Like (+1) 1

Roberts was a very good performer for the Bills. Many thanks to him for the past two years.  That said, given the cap situation, he is a luxury this team cannot afford.  We need to find a younger and cheaper option.  

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did fumble twice and have a muffed punt (essentially 3 fumbles)

He had 29 punt returns and 32 kickoff returns, so 61 altogether.

Roughly 5% fumble/muff

who among us hasn’t fumbled about the muff ...especially early in our careers?

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That may have been your intent, but in the post I responded to, you said:

Now if you feel Roberts brings other advantages, that's find, but I can only recognize and respond to the points I actually read you making on here.

To which I say, "how many did he actually take to the house?" and if we agree "none", then my point is, you can't have it both ways.

If your point is something else, like he gave us great field position on a regular basis, or he was very reliable fielding punts, and you make it, then I can discussit.

But don't mention "a threat to take it to the house for a change", and then tell me I'm missing your point that he gave us great field position on a fairly regular basis.

Ummm dude, he WAS a threat to take it all the way. That's why I said that specifically, he was a "threat", which he absolutely was. I DID NOT say, "he returns KR's for TD's all the time". 

Me saying he was a threat in no way shape or form is the same as saying "he returned for TD's". My main point was he was great at giving the offense good field position. Also he was a "threat" to take it all the way. Meaning as rare as it's done, he was more dangerous than most to return it for the score.

Yeah dude, you taking "threat" to do something as if it means actually doing it for some odd reason.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who among us hasn’t fumbled about the muff ...especially early in our careers?

By the time a guy's 33 years old he really shoulda figured it out

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Ummm dude, he WAS a threat to take it all the way. That's why I said that specifically, he was a "threat", which he absolutely was. I DID NOT say, "he returns KR's for TD's all the time". 

OK, you just have a different definition of "threat" than I do.

If something hasn't happened in 2 years of football, and in fact, seldom happens league-wide, I don't find it realistic to call it a "threat"

To me, that would be like last year when Josh Allen wasn't actually connecting on any deep passes, to call him a "threat" because he has a strong arm and can certainly throw the ball that far. 

If you want to say that something that hasn't happened in 2 years and seldom happens league wide constitutes a "threat",  Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DJB said:

Can't keep everyone.

Previous regimes would have spent $ on guys like this and let quality oline walk. 

Robert's was good, not spectacular. 

This also opens a path for MacKenzie to hopefully be back as well as open up another WR spot on the team. 

Beane knows what he is doing. 

Returns are also much less part of the game than they were a few years ago. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

By the time a guy's 33 years old he really shoulda figured it out

OK, you just have a different definition of "threat" than I do.

If something hasn't happened in 2 years of football, and in fact, seldom happens league-wide, I don't find it realistic to call it a "threat"

To me, that would be like last year when Josh Allen wasn't actually connecting on any deep passes, to call him a "threat" because he has a strong arm and can certainly throw the ball that far. 

If you want to say that something that hasn't happened in 2 years and seldom happens league wide constitutes a "threat",  Enjoy!

Yeah that's just non sense. I used threat due to the fact he got tripped up at the last minute a couple times where was just 1 man to beat.  And teams did not want to kick to him because he was.....a threat.That's still a threat. But yeah I'll enjoy using words as they are meant to be used.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Roberts was a very good performer for the Bills. Many thanks to him for the past two years.  That said, given the cap situation, he is a luxury this team cannot afford.  We need to find a younger and cheaper option.  

especially considering that th Texans are paying him almost $6M over a two year period

Sucks to lose him but he took a pay cut to stay last year.

I don't begrudge him taking 3m a year and more than doubling his paycheck.

Good Luck Andre your play helped to propel this team to heights not seen around here in 25 plus years. 

I would never want to give $3 mil./yr. for Roberts.  He was excellent for us, but this is not a year to spend on a luxury.  McKenzie will do fine and hopefully has an expanded role in the offense.  He’s quick, and we lost overall speed from Brown. It would be great to get another speed receiver in the mid rounds from the draft.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He was solid but not great and took up a WR position,  on the wrong side of 30 and time to move one

He led the NFL in average kick return yards and was a 1st team All-Pro.  I'm not sure what he'd have had to do in order to achieve greatness in your eyes.