Bills a rumored suitor for Kareem Hunt trade

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Come on. It's not even a real kick, if you want to be more precise. It's like a feint, to be honest. He makes more contact than anyone should, but it's not traumatic force at all. Designed more to embarrass than it was to injure (by my eye). And I'm not one to be forgiving of such transgressions, I assure you.

Ah, ok totally cool then.

Then put me in the camp of Kareem Hunt being a shell of his former self. Why would a competitive AFC team want to unload him if he's that good?

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I guess I am in minority here but he is so unlikable that I don't want him no matter how good he is. I want to cheer for guys I like.

Hear, hear. Precisely my thought on this too--I'm not saying these guys have to be perfect in order to be "rootable," but for the love of pete, not putting your hands (or feet) on a woman the way this dude did, shouldn't be too high a bar to keep. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd love this.... but why would the Browns trade Hunt to a team they are going to be competing with for an AFC conference title? 

He probably wants to be a starter instead of being a rotational player which is what he would continue to be in Cleveland if he were to stay. He starts here if traded

I would give the Browns our 2nd round pick for BOTH Hunt and Njoku.  

I mean our 2nd rounder this year is only 2 picks earlier than what Tyrod was traded for.  It’s practically a 3rd rounder.

Id do this in a heartbeat.  

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think a lot of teams likely have already done that.  Kim Pegula being the owner is what makes me think this wouldn't happen.  It's much more (to me) about a female owner than it is about a guy who's served his suspension.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the NFL; I'm not even saying he shouldn't be a Bill someday.  I'm just saying I'd be surprised if Kim Pegula signed off on it.

I dunno man. I think women are equal to men and can also make informed and rational decisions, but then again, I respect women. 

Kim is a literal Beast in business. I don’t think she has the luxury of making decisions through the prism of her sex 🙄

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Then put me in the camp of Kareem Hunt being a shell of his former self. Why would a competitive AFC team want to unload him if he's that good?

Why so dramatic? Can't we discuss this without being over the top about it all these years later?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Why so dramatic? Can't we discuss this without being over the top about it all these years later?

As others have said I just think it's too much for potentially above average talent. I don't like him. He's no Nick Chubb, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

The hysteria is a case of “ I know that guy”. I’m not saying he isn’t very talented, but you can get that production from other backs. Most NFL running backs look spectacular compared to the guys we’ve drafted who look stuck in quicksand. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hunt is an exceptional RB.  I’d be shocked if the Browns were shopping him - especially right after they extended his contract.  The only exception being if there was an issue off the field or with a positive test.  I have heard nothing like that though so I’m skeptical.  That all said, the Bills should jump on a reasonable trade if he is being shopped and is clean.  

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You kidding? Hunt>>>> Singletary.... even if he is still on the team.

It is still a three headed beast if they add Hunt and if wanting to be a lead back is Hunts issue then he still might not be the lead back with Moss and Singletary here. I have no issue trading Singletary and a 6th rounder in 2022 for Hunt or trading a 5th in 2021 and a pick swap in 2022 for Hunt. I am more so looking does this give Hunt what he wants. Last thing you want to do is trade for a guy who isn’t happy in the new situation.

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Fair. Except he's absolutely "above average talent."

He was seasons ago. Is he still? People are in here acting like Kareem Hunt could change the franchise. Do people really think he's a top 10 back or something? Did the time change send me back to 2017?

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

27 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I guess I am in minority here but he is so unlikable that I don't want him no matter how good he is. I want to cheer for guys I like.

With zero tolerance and the fact that one more slip up and he's done in the NFL, I would take a flyer on him. He's had extensive anger management and domestic violence sensitivity therapy. The Patriots and Bucs feast on the Antonio Browns and Cooks, Dillons of the world. Try not to look to deeply into the emotional makeup of these guys. The majority are decent but every team has players with checkered pasts. Hunt has not had issues since he joined the Browns.