Bills a rumored suitor for Kareem Hunt trade

Just now, Paup 1995MVP said:

He paid his dues.  Was suspended for 6-8 games.  These are young guys.  Things sometimes get out of hand a bit when young people are partying.  Not condoning what he did.  But Joe Mixon got a second chance after knocking out the gal at Oklahoma.  If he keeps his nose clean, and continues to behave, he would be a great pick up for us.  Its pro football.  Its not tea w the Royal Family.  Lets not forget that.

I'm not necessarily saying he isn't deserving of a second chance.  I'm simply saying I can't see Kim Pegula giving one to him.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yes. I was 100% impressed anytime I saw him run last year. 

Fair enough, I’m just not seeing overly impressive numbers. Our backs are so slow and unproductive it makes a lot of guys look really good. 

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

I don't think an objective evaluation of what occurred results in a guy who is forever untouchable. 

I think a video of a man kicking a woman results in a female owner not wanting said man on her team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Kim Pegula being on board with bringing on a woman abuser doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

Having met Kim and spoken with her a number of times, I can only add this, she's an exceedingly talented businesswoman and a smart, caring and compassionate person.

If this went down, I feel pretty comfortable saying all of the following will have happened:

1. The value would be too good to pass up

2. Hunt and his actions since the incident will have been thoroughly vetted

3. The Pegulas are friends with the Hunts and the Haslams (KC & CLE ownership), they'll likely have received very solid vouching for his character and actions since, as well. 

4. A very thorough discussion internally, as to the merits of bringing someone like Hunt back for a second chance will have occurred. 

5. The coaching staff is 100% on board with his fit and the overall value.

Count me as skeptical that we trade for Hunt, but if we do, I think I'll trust the above...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair enough, I’m just not seeing overly impressive numbers. Our backs are so slow and unproductive it makes a lot of guys look really good. 

Don't pay attention to the numbers, he's the 1b. to the most talented RB in the league, he was never going to have dominant numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

He was the backup and saw limited touches. The guy had 850 yards rushing and another 38 catches primarily running behind Chubb 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think a video of a man kicking a woman results in a female owner not wanting said man on her team.

I think making such a black-and-white assessment of what really occurs in said video is a bit hyperbolic. But I don't think rehashing a well-hashed incident is terribly useful now. It's certainly not a NON-issue.

• Like (+1) 2

GO GET HUNT!

And people need to get over the previous incident that was grossly sensationalized by the media and twisted to make a young athlete look as bad as possible because that is what gets clicks.  People need to go review the facts of what really happened to refresh their memory. 

In every other sense, the kid has been well behaved and a good teammate.  He made a poor decision to put himself in a bad position with a woman who clearly was set on instigating an altercation.  Did he make a bad choice, ABSOLUTELY.  Could he have handled it better?  ABSOLUTELY.  But at the same time, he was a young kid and put in a situation where someone was clearly working to force an altercation, even calling him the N word and she also initiated the physical altercation with his group after she refused to leave despite being told to leave by multiple people in the group.  

I don’t think Hunt should continue to have this follow him.  He made a mistake and has paid the price and learned from it.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People deserve a second chance.  God help us all if we had to live the rest of our lives with our worst moment hung around our necks with no chance at redemption.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1