Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

7 hours ago, 947 said:

The Chiefs were able to significantly slow the WR-centric aspect of our offense down with physical & illegal play. The blueprint is out, and we can expect to see more of that in 2021. A competent receiving TE is a need if we want to keep the offense rolling.

It was illegal play. We will see flags thrown.

And the fact that Brown was injured and couldn't separate the way he normally can and Beasley was playing on a broken leg had a large part in the offense's problems.

And a competent receiving TE may well be on the roster. Knox is developing. It's not a necessity to bring one in. I'd like it, myself. But there are other priorities. I hope we manage it, but I don't see them spending a lot of cash on it.

41 minutes ago, GLP said:

Bill B. saw how much trouble Travis Kelce gave the Bills in the playoffs and has decided to get his own Top 3 TE. I think it's pretty smart on Bill. We better find a way to cover good TE's.

Belichick knew about TEs before Kelce was out of high school.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Our offense needs to change.  Keep it the same is a loser mentality.  Evolve.  Improve. Get better.  Become more multidimensional.  If we don’t, we’ll lose.  

that’s not to say that we need to spend big bucks on a TE, but our offense being so WR centric and losing John brown doesn’t bode well for “improving”.  We have to improve.  

I couldn't agree more. You can still run a dynamic offense with quality wrs without ignoring a run game or a dependable TE safety valve. We can't rely on Knox alone. We can't rely on Singletary alone. It's like Daboll realizes he doesn't have the complimentary components (RB/TE) to run a deceptively "balanced" offense. Just chuck it to Diggs, Beasley or Davis and if we need some running yardage we'll force Josh to morph into Vick. Teams will just drop 7-8 all year long like KC did in the afccg. Flood the route tree.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GLP said:

Bill B. saw how much trouble Travis Kelce gave the Bills in the playoffs and has decided to get his own Top 3 TE. I think it's pretty smart on Bill. We better find a way to cover good TE's.

Deciding to do something and actually doing it are two entirely different things. 

• Agree 2

• 10 months later...
7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I can't believe the production in light of that contract. Hysterical. 

To me,  Jonnu will always be the guy whose angry pregnant girlfriend boiled a pot of water just to dump it on him:

https://www.si.com/college/2016/11/10/fiu-jonnu-smith-girlfriend-boiling-water-injury

Edited by BADOLBILZ

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Belichick cant draft, cant sign the right free agents, and cant win without Brady.   I think they'll be very lucky to be better that Miami next year.

Belichick is one of if not the best coach of all time, but he is an awful GM. He can and does win without Brady, but that defense is a bunch of guys about to retire and needs a lot of work. I don't think he is the guy to rebuild while developing a QB. One or the other and he is probably in the playoffs more often than not. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I’m just going to be happy watching them overpay free agents as they desperately try to fix their team to compete with the Bills. Go ahead and buy some more flops. All the while, being convinced that Mac is going to be the next great player. The tables have turned!

Looking at the top 100 list of free agents .. most of the few who really performed at a high-level this year were the ones that their original teams resigned. Hopefully TBD will remember that when we do not go on a spending spree this offseason.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2021-who-are-the-best-players-available

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Judon is another one, completely faded down the stretch. Invisible in the big games. Jalen Mills was the only decent signing. Hunter Henry played pretty well too but that cap number is absurd. They spent money to spend money and this is the result of not being able to draft.

Winovich got hurt and regressed, Joejuan Williams is a bum so they had to sign Mills. Might lose JC Jackson now. They’re in big trouble. Geriatric defense.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Judon is another one, completely faded down the stretch. Invisible in the big games. Jalen Mills was the only decent signing. Hunter Henry played pretty well too but that cap number is absurd. They spent money to spend money and this is the result of not being able to draft.

Winovich got hurt and regressed, Joejuan Williams is a bum so they had to sign Mills. Might lose JC Jackson now. They’re in big trouble. Geriatric defense.

They looked so slow vs the bills 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.