Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

Just now, NewEra said:

Ok. That makes more sense than “we will settle for knox.” That’s a a different stance.

Some times my brain is moving ahead of what I am saying . I guess that's how my head is wired. 

but right now its Value issue

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand that....just thought it was a little knee jerk.  The tampering period starting 90 minutes ago.  

perfect and yes it is/was knee jerk cause NE did a bone headed knee jerk reaction by over paying. now things are changed a bit. now its about value. things changed.

but Id like to think/hope you understand me now.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm sticking with Dan Arnold is a realistic/affordable target who could really help the Bills.

I really like Arnold too....I just don’t think he’s a fit opposite Knox.  Arnold is one of the worst blockers there is at the position. I think he’s more of a knox replacement and it’s too early to replace him imo.

I don’t think we’re in the market for a move TE, but rather a TE that can block and catch, but what do I know?  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

NE literally dominated the division with TEs for years.  They make a huge difference in that offense.

Nope - they made a huge difference for Brady - see TB.  Unless they get a better QB from someplace - I do not think that offense with Cam is a passing offense and his blocking isn’t good enough to warrant this.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know who needs to hear this...probably no one....but:

The Bills were never, ever, ever going to pay $12.5M/Y for a tight end.

Definitely not for someone with the paltry production of a Smith or even Henry.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or Jared cook

Jonnu is a MUCH better blocker though .

Sure. But,

1. That's why he signed first.

2. That's why he'll get at least a little more money.

3. You're not paying Jonnu $50M to block.

This is a copycat league and teams will pay for the next Waller/Kelce/Kittle chess piece. You know who's a great blocker as a TE? Lee Smith. You know who's not getting a 4 year/$50M contract? Lee Smith. 

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I certainly say "No" for the kind of money that was just introduced. 

But I think the Bills will be patient.  Let the frenzy subside and some veteran TE might come down to a more reasonable price.

I agree. That's why I've been saying Rudolph makes the most sense in my mind...

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really like Arnold too....I just don’t think he’s a fit opposite Knox.  Arnold is one of the worst blockers there is at the position. I think he’s more of a knox replacement and it’s too early to replace him imo.

I don’t think we’re in the market for a move TE, but rather a TE that can block and catch, but what do I know?  

oh i whole heartedly dis.. oh wait ... AGREE! haha your 100% right

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Sure. But,

1. That's why he signed first.

2. That's why he'll get at least a little more money.

3. You're not paying Jonnu $50M to block.

This is a copycat league and teams will pay for the next Waller/Kelce/Kittle chess piece. You know who's a great blocker as a TE? Lee Smith. You know who's not getting a 4 year/$50M contract? Lee Smith. 

I agree. That's why I've been saying Rudolph makes the most sense in my mind...

Copy cat league and the champs have a TE that is a MAULER in the run game.  Not what you were insinuating, but it’s true.  The Bucs had trouble early in the season when they were passing every play.  Then they started running more 2TE sets and playing more of a short game is when their O caught stride.  

• Like (+1) 1

Im sick of everyone giving the Pats the benefit of the doubt;

This is a bone headed dollar amount and really questionable move.

Smith is a solid 50 catch 10 TD kind of guy in the right system, but this is the most money the Pats have ever paid a skill position. Its the kind of money you give a 100 catch hall of fame type guy. Its crazy....

We should relish this floundering by a franchise. GL getting WRs to come w Cam as the QB plan.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Corey Davis opposite Diggs.

And a pass rusher?  We need the pass rusher more imo.  Restructure some deals and trade for Hunter.  Gotta go for it

i really like Davis....I just don’t know how much money we can put together and pass rush is necessary imo.

Edited by NewEra

Bill B. saw how much trouble Travis Kelce gave the Bills in the playoffs and has decided to get his own Top 3 TE. I think it's pretty smart on Bill. We better find a way to cover good TE's.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.