Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

5 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

J Smith is too expensive.   Doesn't look good for Hunter or Ertz now.

Bummer because I wanted the Bills to get a veteran TE.   Hope it doesn't price us out of a Rudolf/Everett/Howard type.

My new hope is trade with Cleveland for K Hunt and Njoku.

Just say "no" to Ertz.

Edited by glazeduck

Just now, The Jokeman said:

We could still go after Gerald Everett or get a veteran like Richard Rodgers or Kyle Rudolph.

Guessing Everett is out of our price range too.

Whether you think Jonnu's contract was a good deal or too much, he's getting it because of his athletic ability -- Everett will be very much the same.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We could still go after Gerald Everett or get a veteran like Richard Rodgers or Kyle Rudolph.

Or Jared cook

Just now, glazeduck said:

Guessing Everett is out of our price range too.

Whether you think Jonnu's contract was a good deal or too much, he's getting it because of his athletic ability -- Everett will be very much the same.

Jonnu is a MUCH better blocker though .

Just now, NewEra said:

so, because Jonnu gets overpaid, there aren’t any TEs willing to take less to try and win a ring?  

I am just saying players may still come to us looking.. But at the price TE's Just went up some how I don't think we will be looking as hard.

Things do change like that 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Just because the most expensive TE signs with another team first?

I think when someone sets the market like this, things can change. NE overpaid to get a TE. Now the TE's that will be on the market will also see this and maybe take advantage of it. Now its a matter of, do we get Value at the position?  do we have to or even want to over pay at a TE position?  And as @NewEra Is also trying to say and remind me... it doesn't mean that a player may want to come here at the right price? I am not saying that either way.. What I am saying is its about value at the position.

I am thinking the Bills are more so looking at a Kroft replacement as opposed to a outright starting TE. The Pats paid retail for this guy and they seem to want to get back to being competitive in 2021 so they are paying big to fill needs.

I am thinking Kyle Rudolph might be the type of supplemental player the Bills target.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea at this price setting the market for TE.. I think its not in the conversation any more. we will settle with Knox. Just a gut feeling now

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am just saying players may still come to us looking.. But at the price TE's Just went up some how I don't think we will be looking as hard.

Things do change like that 

Ok. That makes more sense than “we will settle for knox.” That’s a a different stance.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think when someone sets the market like this, things can change. NE overpaid to get a TE. Now the TE's that will be on the market will also see this and maybe take advantage of it. Now its a matter of, do we get Value at the position?  do we have to or even want to over pay at a TE position?  And as @NewEra Is also trying to say and remind me... it doesn't mean that a player may want to come here at the right price? I am not saying that either way.. What I am saying is its about value at the position.

I understand that....just thought it was a little knee jerk.  The tampering period starting 90 minutes ago.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.