Matthew Judon Interview: Talks about how to stop the Bills!

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

KC was just better than us last year. No problem with that. Hopefully that experience can take us to another level this year.

This is true, I think it shows the difference in experience of a long time successful HC vs a year three HC, although with some success in this case. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Just chalk up the Bills offense struggling all due to the wind right? 

They scored one TD. 

You mean the same wind that grossly affected Lamar and also the greater FG kicker in history too?  

You got a terrible take on that game

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I believe the entire game plan has to bear a large part of the blame for how poorly the team performed, the team was not well prepared for the KC game, and it showed, jmo. 

Yep and with the introduction of the rule changing availability of assistants to interview the week before the championship gsme by the Bills org., it is a clue Mcd felt coordinators were distracted and the results spoke for themselves.  We were outcoached badly twice by Reid’s staff and Daboll olan was particularly stale. 
pats already gearing for us with plans to attack our weaknesses: they bring in a good TE in jonnu as we struggle covering TES, and they begin beefing up their pass rush with Judson from the ravens on day 1. Teams aren’t sitting still. Good news is they still will rely on Cam. But the trend and analytics are out there to go after our weaker areas.   Happy tho our line is back and this time I hope healthy as mongo pointed out , he ,Morse, Williams, Ford, Dawkins only played a handful of games together as they were hurt. This Bills squad has a camaraderie that even the 90’s teams lacked ( bickering bills) until later in their run. These guys actually like each other and they really like protecting Josh.   If we can land a rb with speed and a TE to augment what we have , we can progress. Just like teams want to hit josh , we need that one last piece of an effective edge rusher.   But the OP is correct , dabs and Frazier need to keep innovating. That’s how TB beat Kc with 3 deep safeties. We need a couple of new pieces but the big challenge is our coordinators creativity. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the line is still not good enough. Resigning was nice...but when it mattered...the line crumbled against the chiefs.

Chris Jones can do that to a lot of interior lines

He is a finesse rusher for 315 lb man.. most interior lineman can handle power rushers but struggle with finesse

Then your thrown a 320 lb finesse rusher.. and you're going to have a long day

6 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the line is still not good enough. Resigning was nice...but when it mattered...the line crumbled against the chiefs.

I was in Feliciano's corner until he was completely destroyed by KC in the conference Championship game. I'm no longer comfortable with hi I'm His run blocking was poor all year as well.

• Like (+1) 1

The Chiefs did something in the AFC Championship game that the Bills will need to address going forward because they'll see it from other teams:

Our offense runs through Josh Allen.  Therefor, if a defense can confuse him, it stands a good chance of shutting down the Bills' offense.  One Josh looked over the Chiefs' D and after the communication to the sidelines was cut off, the Chiefs' D shifted to another D.  Unless Josh's audible play was more effective against the new D, the Bills were running a play designed for the initial D.

As an aside I recall a description of what Belichik did to us a the Giants DC in our first Super Bowl loss.  Our offense ran through Kelly so they confused him.  After every Bills' offensive series Kelly & Marchibroda would discuss what the Giants did on D for that series & decide on plays based on that.  Belichik would call defenses on the next series that were unlike what he had called in the previous series.  As a result, Kelly seldom got a defense he expected.

AS to the Ravens game, I'm not sure what they did to stop us.  Comments?

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

The Chiefs did something in the AFC Championship game that the Bills will need to address going forward because they'll see it from other teams:

Our offense runs through Josh Allen.  Therefor, if a defense can confuse him, it stands a good chance of shutting down the Bills' offense.  One Josh looked over the Chiefs' D and after the communication to the sidelines was cut off, the Chiefs' D shifted to another D.  Unless Josh's audible play was more effective against the new D, the Bills were running a play designed for the initial D.

As an aside I recall a description of what Belichik did to us a the Giants DC in our first Super Bowl loss.  Our offense ran through Kelly so they confused him.  After every Bills' offensive series Kelly & Marchibroda would discuss what the Giants did on D for that series & decide on plays based on that.  Belichik would call defenses on the next series that were unlike what he had called in the previous series.  As a result, Kelly seldom got a defense he expected.

AS to the Ravens game, I'm not sure what they did to stop us.  Comments?

Actually, the Bills offense that year ran through Thurman Thomas.   The failure on the Bills was NOT using their MVP on every down.  He was that good.

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I believe the entire game plan has to bear a large part of the blame for how poorly the team performed, the team was not well prepared for the KC game, and it showed, jmo. 

The Bills looked slow and they looked on the run the entire game!

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills looked slow and they looked on the run the entire game!

They had a bit of an intimidated look about them, as if they didn’t trust what they were being asked to do, type of vibe, at least that’s how it seemed to me, 

• Like (+1) 1