Bills cap guy

dbfla10

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL. Wow, seem to have a lot of anger regarding this.

So yeah, go ahead and criticize EVERYONE in the organization, right down to the receptionist, NO ONE contributed anything remotely successful for 17 years!!!

Unless you worked at OBD or sat down with him over a contract you have ZERO knowledge of how Overdorf did his job but he is a convenient whipping boy.

Jim?! or Doug?!

On 3/15/2021 at 8:08 AM, T master said:

Don't forget Overdorf was also the guy writing the contracts back before Beane got here and put the Bills in cap hell i think Beane has a lot more input when it comes to that now because it's no where near what it use to be & most every contract is Bills friendly .

I don't think he was ever the 'decision maker' that people believed him to be. I think he more negotiates the specifics and dirty details where as things like years/cap/dead money/etc are more GM decisions. I think the drought brought on the temper tantrums lashing out anyone and everyone in the organization especially when their role isn't clearly defined to the public. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL. Wow, seem to have a lot of anger regarding this.

So yeah, go ahead and criticize EVERYONE in the organization, right down to the receptionist, NO ONE contributed anything remotely successful for 17 years!!!

Unless you worked at OBD or sat down with him over a contract you have ZERO knowledge of how Overdorf did his job but he is a convenient whipping boy.

Why are we defending the Bills from that timeframe?

I get now they are everyone’s favorite and can do no wrong, but the Bills FO was among the worst in the league for over a decade.  

On 3/15/2021 at 7:23 AM, Don Otreply said:

Beane gives Overdorf a set of instructions, and Overdorf then follows them, the days of Overdorf having decision making authority are gone, and that is a very good thing. Beanes approval is a requirement on all contracts. 

But I think it has pretty much always been that way. Overdorf just does what he is told.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

But I think it has pretty much always been that way. Overdorf just does what he is told.

Ah yes, but it was those instructions that he was given back in the dark times, I am certain that Overdorf has the appropriate skill set to do what he is told to do, and does it well, otherwise he would have been waived... 😁

On 3/15/2021 at 9:08 AM, T master said:

Don't forget Overdorf was also the guy writing the contracts back before Beane got here and put the Bills in cap hell i think Beane has a lot more input when it comes to that now because it's no where near what it use to be & most every contract is Bills friendly .

For years everyone blamed Overdolf, likely he was just following RW orders.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why are we defending the Bills from that timeframe?

I get now they are everyone’s favorite and can do no wrong, but the Bills FO was among the worst in the league for over a decade.  

Defending?   I defended no one but i think it is naive and shallow to blame everyone for the Bills demise, esp Overdorf that is essentially a glorified  accountant.   So why are you ATTACKING everyone in the organization even with people that were not the primary decision makers.. So you are upset and angry they had a losing stretch, get over it already. 

Did i defend the primary decision makers, not at all.