So just a small recap over the last week.....the lines

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

We are very close to a BPA situation now bro. 👍 Probably a slight emphasis toward pass rusher above all though. I personally didn't expect to be sitting where we are right now, and I'm lovin being wrong lol.

I just dont see a impact pass rusher at 30......maybe trade up is an option?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I agree and I honestly don't know. Stay at 30 and you probably get a guy who may flash a little year one, but development will definitely be needed. A magic "bean" may still be needed to get instant impact lol.....

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Entire OL returns intact

2 DL take pay cuts to stay

Star coming back

We have done a lot of work on our DL/OL's to think that the pick at 30 is auto going to be put here........

Some places I would look at now

Corner

Running back - If Naji falls

I just don't see RB at 30. Right now they need a CB,and a DE. Then a TE and some depth, and kick  returners. I would like to see them keep McKenzie, Bojo, maybe Boettger 

The OL that couldn’t run block worth a dam is back intact!  Hooray 😢.  Get to work Daboll. You have your work cut out for you. 

I do think RB is on the board now. I figured we’d go OL early (and still might.  Ford stinks to date), but RB would have the biggest effect on our run game now, considering the moves we’ve made so far.  

a rb would have a much bigger affect on our run game than the DEs likely to be available @ 30 would have on our pass rush. The 2 biggest offseason priorities imo.  

DE/CB/RB/IOL/WR/TE/DT could all be in play.  
BPA likely will be the pick

3 hours ago, Georgie said:

I just don't see RB at 30. Right now they need a CB,and a DE. Then a TE and some depth, and kick  returners. I would like to see them keep McKenzie, Bojo, maybe Boettger 

I doubt we go RB, but if RB is the BPA, it’s now an option imo.  I agree, CB and DE biggest needs followed by TE....and Rb imo

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea the team is basically status quo from last season at this point... amazing season but they were clearly outmatched, outmanned, and outplayed against the AFC Champs twice. 

Need to upgrade the roster not remain the same....

And they got much worse....  they are going to lose guys left and right.   including both starting tackles...  and  Sammy (I'm always hurt) 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea the team is basically status quo from last season at this point... amazing season but they were clearly outmatched, outmanned, and outplayed against the AFC Champs twice. 

I see restructures for our stars in the near future

if we can snag Hendrickson and our RFAS, we’d be in business with the draft ahead

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Neither do I. All the premiere pass rushers will be long gone before we pick.

We would have to trade up to get one. If that's the case, go for it!

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

signing Milano, Williams and Feliciano means we can focus on other areas.   Otherwise we were drafting LB and OT in the first three rounds.  

They in those rounds they can go BPA to upgrade CB, TE, DT, RB and OL via the draft.  They can grab a speedy WR too.   

The  only key area left is a big one.  DE/Edge rush.  The top will be gone at 30.  After the top tier you have developmental DEs.  The FA market is not great for DE and prices are usually high for pass rushers. . Maybe they swing a trade?  Maybe the trade up, or down?   I have confidence that Beane will bring in somebody to help. 

The core is set. 

We need a star RB. And a stud Edge. 

it’s so nice to say that we’re only lacking in a few spots. 

losing Smoke hurt, but not nearly as much as his cap hit would have hurt. 

edit: a stud TE would be nice too. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Entire OL returns intact

Star coming back

We have done a lot of work on our DL/OL's to think that the pick at 30 is auto going to be put here........

Corner

I don't know how Beane is pulling off all this resigning magic, but wow.  With these resigning, places where could be the best to upgrade is:

CB, RB, WR, TE.

Now, I do not want to draft a RB at 30, but I can now see how Beane could if he wanted to with these resigning filling major holes.

I still think trading back is the right move back. Grab another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round (throw in a late draft pick if needed).

I'd still like to get a G/C, DT (big fatty), WR, RB, CB2 in the early rounds of the draft.

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

I think we will be trading down for more picks unless someone they love is there. 

Trading down isn't up to them though - they need a team that wants to move into their spot.  There's always trades right at the end of the first round, but if I'm the Bills I'm not calling other teams to trade down

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The OL that couldn’t pass block worth a dam is back intact!  Hooray 😢.  Get to work Daboll. You have your work cut out for you. 

Do you mean run block?

I certainly don’t agree that they couldn’t pass block. There are plenty of clips of Allen having enough time to make a sandwich before unleashing a pass.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The core is set. 

We need a star RB. And a stud Edge. 

it’s so nice to say that we’re only lacking in a few spots. 

losing Smoke hurt, but not nearly as much as his cap hit would have hurt. 

edit: a stud TE would be nice too. 

It’s not improbable to think our stud RB (Moss), stud DE (AJ) and stud TE (Knox) are all currently on our roster. 

Here’s hoping we see some big steps from our guys next year. Especially Knox. If that dude figures it out, he is easily the best TE in the league. His athleticism is off the charts. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The OL that couldn’t pass block worth a dam is back intact!  Hooray 😢

Ah...if the OL couldn't pass block worth a damn, how did the Bills manage to be #3 in the league in passing yards and 1st downs by passing?

There were times when Allen had to save himself and buy time for a pass, but there were other times when he had time to light a cigar and take a couple of puffs back there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Do you mean run block?

I certainly don’t agree that they couldn’t pass block. There are plenty of clips of Allen having enough time to make a sandwich before unleashing a pass.

Oops.  Yes.  Run block 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah...if the OL couldn't pass block worth a damn, how did the Bills manage to be #3 in the league in passing yards and 1st downs by passing?

There were times when Allen had to save himself and buy time for a pass, but there were other times when he had time to light a cigar and take a couple of puffs back there.

I mistyped.  Meant to say run block

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Entire OL returns intact

Star coming back

Corner

We did cut Jefferson and then did not re-sign Murphy.   So currently we have a major hole at DE in terms of Depth Chart 

• Like (+1) 1