Bills re-sign Feliciano

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills can resign their three restricted players and 2-3 key depth pieces (some combo of Roberts, Mac, Ty, T.Jones and Barkley) they will have 97% of their 13-3 roster that won 2 playoff games with the draft still to go. Keeping a 13 win base of talent is critical as you still have the draft to add those 2-3 pieces you feel you are missing and help replace some depth and get younger longer term. 

I think they go Pass rusher at pick 30 and then either a tight end or CB in round 2 and then tackle round 3. Then in round 5 they take on some depth pieces like safety or LB.

Yep.. they can do all that and  I still expect them to sign a couple of guys in FA as well... Maybe not massive names but solid contributors .. They can free up some more space should they choose to... 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A little bit. We ran a lot more tight formation with big personnel in 2019 (remember all the multiple tight end sets that people went mad about?). But when your Quarterback operates best out of a spread with 4 wides it is hard to then bring the big guys to run the ball without telling the defense that is exactly what you are doing. There were other factors, we ran less pin and pull but again part of it is about finding a run scheme to mesh with the way we now run our pass offense.

EDIT: oh and Quinton Spain was way underrated.

Are you expecting more pin and pull next year?

No UFA is setting up as no major holes going into the draft. Drafting the best football player available in each round. 

Draft - Develop - Re-Sign or take the Comp Pick. Rinse and repeat. Once Josh get his deal that is how the Bills are going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Beane told us he thought the blocking was an issue at times but his actions suggest he can't think it was that bad.

He said that just a couple months after trying to sign Leveon Bell. No doubt he is looking to upgrade the RBs.

Edited by HappyDays

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would really rather not see Bates outside......interior guy yes.

When he played outside, I thought he did OK for a guy without much experience.

At one point in one of the games - Williams had gone out, Nsekhe was in for him.  Dawkins went out, Bates was in for him.  We were driving down the field and the announcer suddenly clued and said "the Bills are playing backups at 3 of the 5 positions on OL"

It wasn't that long, dozen snaps or something.

Seattle game  I think.

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

We could be looking at a salary cap increase next year of 30+ mil. If anything, I take that opportunity to front load a deal for Allen so you can keep stocking talent as our starters age out of current contracts.

I think the Bills should have $40-ish mil in space next year. 

Cap isn’t going up that much. Players have to still give back roughly 27.5M per team. The Cap this year based on Revenue should be 150 - 155M per team. They set the floor where they set it. Now part of that will be getting that player money back in the next couple years. 3 years IMO before you see the cap back to growing majorly. 

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I like the continuity.  I don’t like the thought of last years OL being a good run blocking unit.  I don’t like the thought of last years OL stopping Chris Jones and Frank Clark.  I have a sour taste in my mouth from that game and I feel that our OL was the worst unit of players on the field that day.  Our coaches game plan, scheme and playcalling were the worst unit overall

Just now, HappyDays said:

He said that just a few months after trying to sign Leveon Bell. No doubt he is looking to upgrade the RBs.

I agree... although I don't think Bell is a fit for the way this line blocks either which is why I still have a question mark about what their vision is for this run game. Other than "be better than this".

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree with This the thing is Trey was extremely talented coming out of college and we are in a year where the Drop $30 million if we’re going to have a developmental player being the swing tackle this would definitely be the year to do it

I keep hearing how this is a very good offensive tackle draft and I think it would be a mistake if they don't use this draft to secure more long term depth and a possible longer term replacement for the older right side of the line. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cap isn’t going up that much. Players have to still give back roughly 27.5M per team. The Cap this year based on Revenue should be 150 - 155M per team. They set the floor where they set it. Now part of that will be getting that player money back in the next couple years. 3 years IMO before you see the cap back to growing majorly. 

All depends on the TV deals. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He said that just a couple months after trying to sign Leveon Bell. No doubt he is looking to upgrade the RBs.

At this point I’m of the opinion that his end of year press conference was a giant smokescreen. So now I’m expecting a new RB and Dawson Knox at TE1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree... although I don't think Bell is a fit for the way this line blocks either which is why I still have a question mark about what their vision is for this run game. Other than "be better than this".

I don't think they care too much about the run game. I think it's about getting the RBs involved in the pass game. Allen needs more options than just the WRs. In that context Bell would have made sense. I would really love the Bills to draft Gainwell in the 2nd and trade Singletary for a late round pick. Cut our losses and get a legitimate explosive back who can catch the ball.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yep.. they can do all that and  I still expect them to sign a couple of guys in FA as well... Maybe not massive names but solid contributors .. They can free up some more space should they choose to... 

I hope they can sign a few reclamation projects/ring chasers but I think their focus is going to be on keeping their players. I think Kyle Rudolph might be a guy they target on a cheaper deal if his market isn't strong. But depth and reclamation projects is what is in the Bills budget. 

This is my favorite Bills offseason move so far.   After they re-signed Milano and Williams I was starting to think Feliciano might be the odd man out.  Hopefully they can find a way to get a DE or TE but if they do nothing else in FA from here on except re-sign a couple of their RFAs I'm happy. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

At this point I’m of the opinion that his end of year press conference was a giant smokescreen. So now I’m expecting a new RB and Dawson Knox at TE1

I feel like his comment about the TEs was more about sending Knox a message. You've been here two years and haven't given us what we need at the position, so really focus this offseason and become the difference maker that we thought we drafted.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like the continuity.  I don’t like the thought of last years OL being a good run blocking unit.  I don’t like the thought of last years OL stopping Chris Jones and Frank Clark.  I have a sour taste in my mouth from that game and I feel that our OL was the worst unit of players on the field that day.  Our coaches game plan, scheme and playcalling were the worst unit overall

Absolutely troublesome performance by coaches and O-line. The only argument in their defense is with Singletary ,who should have been wearing a dress as timid as he was, the D-line pinned their ears and just brought pressure. A semblance of a running attack would have slowed them a little. The other argument is its one terrible game.

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

For a team that couldn’t run the ball I don’t see how bringing back our entire offensive line is a good thing. 

Two years ago Singletary had elite ypc 5plus yards on over 200 touches.   He was tied with Derrick Henry.  We have the skill to run the ball, we just didn't prioritize it last year.  

Vs the Chiefs Daboll only fed Singletary 6 times all game (Moss was out).   It's part of the reason why we had so much trouble with the pass rush that day, Clark and the rest of the D line feasted knowing we were slinging the ball virtually every play.

• Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

I feel like his comment about the TEs was more about sending Knox a message. You've been here two years and haven't given us what we need at the position, so really focus this offseason and become the difference maker that we thought we drafted.

They drafted him at pick 90 something ..

Yeah I want him to improve and think he has the ability to do so, but even if he stays the same he will be a solid TE 2... and then they can decide to move on from him or offer him a cheap deal when his rookie deal expires..