Bills re-sign Feliciano

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could totally be wrong, but I think they draft a C/G.  Let him battle it out to start at guard this season, and then potentially slide over to C.  Sort of like they did with Eric Wood.

Jon's contract is fair IMHO.  He's being paid in avg/yr like a mid-tier RG, which I think is about right, with the chance to bump up if he hits whatever his "performance incentives" or "performance escalators" are.  He gets some nice guaranteed money so he knows he won't likely be cut if he's out-competed in camp, but he's not being paid so much that there's no point in bringing in competition.

I believe they are looking to do the same thing, and it's a smart investment. On the other hand if a prospect is higher rated that is G/ eventual OT type I could see that too. For example, if Tevin Jenkins ( Oklahoma St) is available at 30 he'd be tough to pass up.  He's a right side player but could be a fine player at G or T. Two dudes I love that match your description are Alabamas Landon Dickerson C/G and Oklahomas Creed Humphrey C/G. I love all 3 players.

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
Add
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

So we must be right around zero in cap space if you factor in spotrac doesn’t have matekevuch’s  extension and the fact that sanders deal has a voidable 2nd year that lowers his cap hit.  And Beane has up to $26m more in cap space if he wants to go that route.  

It seems like he is willing to just stand pat on that and not have a cap problem later. Actually pretty smart

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve read a ton of whining on here about the Feliciano signing but I have to wonder if they’ve got a plan to switch out blocking SCHEMES and not players. It may be they plan on ‘fixing’ the running game in other ways (drafting a running back, change in OL coaching). I don’t think anyone could watch the 2020 season and not think there’s some major improvement needed.

I suspect they will trend back toward blocking and run schemes that were very effective for them  in 2019.

That they moved away from a successful run game scheme can be attributed to injury/loss of a player and coaching, imo it was all of the above.  

Now that we have a healthy O line with our preferred players available, we will see a much improved run game that compliments our pass first offense.

Frankly it’s pretty obvious as to why the run game was so off this past season, but hey, that could just be me...

Edited by Don Otreply

On 3/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, HappyDays said:

So I think we could cut him after this season if we wanted to and have a minimal dead cap hit for the remaining signing bonus. I think we'll still draft a guard somewhere on day 1 or day 2.

Love this.  4-5M player.nit worth much more.  I hope we draft a guard and say good bye unless he improves,