Bills re-sign Feliciano

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

While the coaches had bad games against the Chiefs I think the overall take from both those games is the Chiefs were head and shoulders above the Bills in every way. 

So the Bills didn't matchup well against KC. They need a realistic impact runner and an impactful edge rusher to make everyone better on the back end, and a gameplan that defends Kelce and Hill. The truth is ,30 other teams are saying the same thing about how to beat us. If you have been a fan as long as me, the outlook is kind of incredible. 

• Like (+1) 1

Boy it would really be a shame if constructed this super team with all eyes on beating the Chiefs and then the Chiefs get upset and our team is only able to beat the Chiefs and then we lose to the team that upset them. 

That would be pretty wild... isn’t there a saying like don’t put all your eggs in one basket or something? 

Just get better... focus on what you don’t do well and improve at it. 

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Motor26 said:

But they are still the same team who lost to the Chiefs twice. I like the Williams resigning, but I honestly would have been fine with them letting Milano and Mongo walk. They would at least have cap space to sign a free agent edge rusher and possibly a potential CB2. I believe they could get a player as good as Mongo with potential to be better in the draft. They still lack a pass rush, and Tampa showed how to beat KC, by getting to Mahomes.

Chiefs lost their TWO starting offensive tackles. And who knows what else. Of course we'd want the Bills to improve. But the unexpected low cap number means ALL teams will likely lose starters. Staying the same is a good thing... this year.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's been an average interior OL. He adds value with his ability to play all 3 interior positions at a pretty average level. 

It would be very difficult to find a better OG for $5 million per year in UFA. 

What stats by the way? 

Hyperbole on the stats as OL stats are very nebulous, but PFF has him rated as much better for the run than the pass, which doesn't really mesh. He's a below average lineman and won't be getting better. I'd have much rather gotten Kevin Zeitler at the numbers he got than Feliciano at his. I just don't feel comfortable with Feliciano as a starter. Let him work running downs but we needed an upgrade there. Ike Boettger is probably basically the same player as Feliciano and no one is calling for us to pay him 5 million per year.

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Who is over rating him?

We haven’t even seen the numbers on his deal yet... he might be gone in 2022

There were a few who were clamoring to cut Mitch Morse and have Mongo start at C...I think that says a lot.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Boy it would really be a shame if constructed this super team with all eyes on beating the Chiefs and then the Chiefs get upset and our team is only able to beat the Chiefs and then we lose to the team that upset them. 

That would be pretty wild... isn’t there a saying like don’t put all your eggs in one basket or something? 

Just get better... focus on what you don’t do well and improve at it. 

You stated it in a very nonsensical way...........improving in the areas they need to catch the Chiefs........pass rush and more explosiveness on offense.........wouldn't make them more vulnerable to defeat elsewhere........those are pretty universally desirable traits..........but yeah they need to focus on getting better as a whole more than specific matchups with KC.    

Example........don't reach over a stud LT prospect who could be a $20M player down the road to pick a gimmick player like Kad Toney or a RB like Etienne in round 1.    We all thought Cordy Glenn was going to be the LT in Buffalo for 8-10 years.....rosters change fast in the NFL.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Zeitler is also a lot better than Feliciano. Ravens got the better deal.

They got the better player, but it’s also a 2 year minimum with 17m gtd.  If Feliciano got 6-7M gtd, I don’t mind our deal.  Zietler wasn’t very good last year 

Happy the big guy is back. Tense few days in between re-doing Morse and having Feliciano sitting out there. 

I still don't understand what happened between end of season and FA. Seemed like we were leaning toward getting tougher along the Oline so we're not so one dimensional but then all anyone could talk about was the Colts game. Big John saved our asses this year with Morse in an out and totally ineffective in the run game.

I would've preferred we make the switch full time but perhaps this was the wrong year to do so with the cap down. Either way, good to have him back.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do we have any details on the contract yet?  Apologies if I missed (edit: I mean like actual year by year salary, bonus, this years cap hit)

On 3/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, GunnerBill said:

Not beyond the headline 3 years $17m, nope. 

Spotrac just added his contract and it says 3 years $14.4M with a $3.28M cap hit for this year.

Not sure if it was already mentioned but it's the first I seen that it's much lower than first reported.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

So I think we could cut him after this season if we wanted to and have a minimal dead cap hit for the remaining signing bonus. I think we'll still draft a guard somewhere on day 1 or day 2.

Yea $1.5m hit if we cut after this year. Shillings only if we cut him after next year. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac just added his contract and it says 3 years $14.4M with a $3.28M cap hit for this year.

Not sure if it was already mentioned but it's the first I seen that it's much lower than first reported.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/

Yeah the key language was "up to" $17M.  There must be some good bonuses in there.

One difference between Joe B saying $3.5M this year and the reported $3.28 above, is probably "bonuses unlikely to be earned"

On 3/15/2021 at 8:22 PM, VW82 said:

Happy the big guy is back. Tense few days in between re-doing Morse and having Feliciano sitting out there. 

I still don't understand what happened between end of season and FA. Seemed like we were leaning toward getting tougher along the Oline so we're not so one dimensional but then all anyone could talk about was the Colts game. Big John saved our asses this year with Morse in an out and totally ineffective in the run game.

I would've preferred we make the switch full time but perhaps this was the wrong year to do so with the cap down. Either way, good to have him back.

I could totally be wrong, but I think they draft a C/G.  Let him battle it out to start at guard this season, and then potentially slide over to C.  Sort of like they did with Eric Wood.

Jon's contract is fair IMHO.  He's being paid in avg/yr like a mid-tier RG, which I think is about right, with the chance to bump up if he hits whatever his "performance incentives" or "performance escalators" are.  He gets some nice guaranteed money so he knows he won't likely be cut if he's out-competed in camp, but he's not being paid so much that there's no point in bringing in competition.

• Like (+1) 1

So we must be right around zero in cap space if you factor in spotrac doesn’t have matekevuch’s  extension and the fact that sanders deal has a voidable 2nd year that lowers his cap hit.  And Beane has up to $26m more in cap space if he wants to go that route.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound