Bills re-sign Feliciano

4 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Bringing back the same o-line means the Bills DGAF about the running game. Which I love 

I would think they're expecting Cody Ford to make an impact on the run game. Plus Feliciano participating in camp and not coming off a major injury could help too. Williams could be expected to improve as well.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Feliciano is a tough guy who plays w bad intentions.  Guys like that are a must if you want to be a physical team.  Personally I would let Ford Boettger and Feliciano battle it out for the 2 starting Guard positions.  And Feliciano can play center also.  As for the running game, it wasn't terrible.  But it definitely was not very good either.  And w resigning Williams and Feliciano, maybe we go RB in the 1st round.  Etienne or Najee Harris would look real nice in a Bills uniform!!

It's also difficult to run when you throw almost every down in the first half and make no commitment to the run game. I would expect that to change a bit next season.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They said at end of season they need to add speed on offense and defense. So far, they are just keeping what they have. Look for speed in the draft.

I would expect there to be a lot of bargains to be had later this offseason. I expect another WR at the least in FA to add speed.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

It's also difficult to run when you throw almost every down in the first half and make no commitment to the run game. I would expect that to change a bit next season.

Good point.  Nothing wrong w running a little bit more.  Keep the opposing defenses guessing.  Especially the good ones.  2nd and less then 5 always seem like a good down to run.  

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that is unreasonably high when you think about how many guys on rookie contracts there are starting at corner. If you went through the league and only listed out the vet contract guys I don't think 36th is a million miles from where Levi ranks. He is slightly out of kilter because of being an UDFA and to pay him that puts him ahead of a guy like Dontae Jackson (in Levi's class but drafted 2nd round). Jackson is more talented than Levi and his second contract will be more than $3.4m per but the UDFA contract situation means Levi would temporarily be ahead if the Bills paid him that. I don't think they will pay him that either but that is as much the context of reduced cap and how we have set ourselves up to draft than it is an indictment on Levi. 

An idea I have been kicking around is this:

Buffalo put a 2nd round tender on Levi Wallace

Denver put a 2nd round tender on Phillip Lindsay

Then swapping them for each other.........pre-agreed.......obviously nobody is ponying up a deuce for either of them.

Lindsay is that proven speed back.........$3.4M ain't dirt cheap for one year but it's not bad........and he's not real happy in Denver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

And a DE.. but Im not so confident they are going to address that now in FA.. 

We absolutely need an impact DE that opposing offenses have to account for. We need LB help, CB help, OL help and faster team speed!

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

Bringing back the whole OLine that couldn’t run block doesn’t really get me super excited about the chances of beating the Chiefs. But there is still the draft. Maybe they grab a guy who beats out Ford. 

I feel this way too... to a point.

I just think fans had high expectations for Motor. Singletary is just never going to be that RB that sets the running game. Moss showed some promise last year at times. I see Singletary’s role diminishing next year, Moss taking over. But that being said I see a push to bring in another RB to push both for playing time and carries.

But yes, Ford has nothing sealed as far as being a starter.... 

Well, not wanting to interrupt the happy narrative but I don't see us better with this signing. I love Feliciano's attitude and heart, but not a big fan of the product. He's average and will consistently lose against top talent. I was hoping for an upgrade at RG and would have loved to have Feliciano as #1 interior back up. But that is starting guard money. Rather have spent the coin on a pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocket94 said:

We absolutely need an impact DE that opposing offenses have to account for. We need LB help, CB help, OL help and faster team speed!

They can find the CB, OL and LB in the draft...

DE is harder particularly at 30... lot of low floor high ceiling types though...

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They can find the CB, OL and LB in the draft...

DE is harder particularly at 30... lot of low floor high ceiling types though...

I forgot to mention RB. Regardless of OL play, Singletary is not the answer. The Bills have realized the DE problem every year, yet here we are at 30 and potentially out of range for an impact DE. Lets see what happens. The Bills just looked slow to me in the KC game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think they target a tackle in round 3. As much as I would like to see Ty back I don't think they are able to bring him back and I think they want to maintain the depth along the O-line. Right now assuming they resign Ike they have Ike/Ford (whomever doesn't win the LG spot) and Bates as depth along the O-line. They need a swing tackle if Ty isn't brought back. 

Bates might be the swing tackle.

6 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Bates might be the swing tackle.

I think of Bates as the utility player great versatility to play all 5 positions but you need more depth along the line. I think at a minimum you need three quality backups and right now the Bills have two assuming Ike is brought back. I would ideally love to see Ty brought back for one more season and an Oline drafted in round 3 to add some youth to the Oline and even more depth while Trey is the 10th guy on the line who is developmental.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I stand corrected, I thought because of his tweets that he was going to be a goner. Good to see him come back, I wonder if we’re going to be players in FA though?? At least get one big time pass rusher.

if we get a big time pass rusher FA has been a huge success, IMO.   

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Good for Mongo.  From homeless at times as a kid with a mother battling cancer to a multimillionaire.  Easy guy to root for given what he had to overcome.

I like the story, and I love the attitude he brings. As I’ve said multiple times, I love that he goes to the whistle and pushes the pile another 2-3 yards when the RB gets stood up.  We need more of that nasty attitude! It’s not everything, but it’s as real thing! 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if we get a big time pass rusher FA has been a huge success, IMO.   

It is already a huge success esp if they lock down the restricted free agents and sign back some of the depth players. With all three being resigned I don’t see the Bills being able to get a big name pass rusher cap wise. Unless they are willing to restructure White/Dawkins/Diggs/Poyer’s contracts to risk more dead money down the line in exchange for cap relief now the cap space just won’t be there.

I hope they are willing to at least restructure those players a little to free up a bit more space to get a prime pass rusher but I think McBeane prefers cap flexibility even if it might hamper the team short term.