Bills re-sign Feliciano

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why cant they still do this?

They can move on from Morse at the end of this year and the pick can take over as C in 2022 after a year to learn the ropes and compete for a starting G spot in 2021

I'd be surprised of it were Dickerson or Humphrey but I know they have been scouting centers. I expect one somewhere but maybe not round 1 or 2.

3 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

For a team that couldn’t run the ball I don’t see how bringing back our entire offensive line is a good thing. 

It means they believe they need to do something else to get better - coaching, more practice, better training of OL, OL scheme, RBs, etc.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I'd be surprised of it were Dickerson or Humphrey but I know they have been scouting centers. I expect one somewhere but maybe not round 1 or 2.

McD will have a hard on for Humphrey.. I wont be surprised if they take him

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Wallace probably is worth $3.4m if you just ask it as a bald question. He is a starting NFL #2 corner in a zone scheme. I think he could start for 8-10 teams in the league if they use him correctly and about $3.4m feels about fair market value for that. Is he worth $3.4m on a 1 year tender when it all has to count on the 2021 cap and the Bills are tight on space? No I don't think so.

I think the Bills will try to do an original tender with both Levi and Ike (a bit more cap tweaking allowing) and of someone beats that offer they will let them go.

So FWIW, $3.4M/yr slots him in pretty high at the #2 CB position.  #36 or so overall.

For LG $2.2M slots in at #17 or 18 overall.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

McD will have a hard on for Humphrey.. I wont be surprised if they take him

I I don't think they're gonna pay john Feliciano 6m a year to sit the pine. And I don't think they're gonna admit wrong on Cody Ford because I'd be willing to bet Humphrey or Dickerson would beat Ford immediately. That leaves them to ride the bench. I don't think you're spending a 1st to sit the bench.

I'll remain hopeful though

2 minutes ago, delirious said:

I I don't think they're gonna pay john Feliciano 6m a year to sit the pine. And I don't think they're gonna admit wrong on Cody Ford because I'd be willing to bet Humphrey or Dickerson would beat Ford immediately. That leaves them to ride the bench. I don't think you're spending a 1st to sit the bench.

I'll remain hopeful though

Well.. as Hap pointed out earlier.. they weren't  too embarrassed to bench Spain who was on a similar deal to what Feliciano has signed.. and then cut him and let $5M worth of dead money walk out the door...

Maybe they trade Ford for like a swap of 7th round picks or something before Week 1... nothing is gunna surprise me anymore..

3 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Happy he's back. Love his versatility.

First one off the bench at either G/C.

Off the Bench? He has been one of our top OL guys the past 2 years. Our OL struggled when he was out, the minute he came back it was like our OL got their identity back.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well.. as Hap pointed out earlier.. they weren't  too embarrassed to bench Spain who was on a similar deal to what Feliciano has signed.. and then cut him and let $5M worth of dead money walk out the door...

Maybe they trade Ford for like a swap of 7th round picks or something before Week 1... nothing is gunna surprise me anymore..

At this point I hope so because I think there is a good chance we could get one or the other and I think they'd both be day 1 starters and I think Morse is 1 concussion away from retiring

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So FWIW, $3.4M/yr slots him in pretty high at the #2 CB position.  #36 or so overall.

I don't think that is unreasonably high when you think about how many guys on rookie contracts there are starting at corner. If you went through the league and only listed out the vet contract guys I don't think 36th is a million miles from where Levi ranks. He is slightly out of kilter because of being an UDFA and to pay him that puts him ahead of a guy like Dontae Jackson (in Levi's class but drafted 2nd round). Jackson is more talented than Levi and his second contract will be more than $3.4m per but the UDFA contract situation means Levi would temporarily be ahead if the Bills paid him that. I don't think they will pay him that either but that is as much the context of reduced cap and how we have set ourselves up to draft than it is an indictment on Levi. 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is an RFA, but he was undrafted, so as discussed above the compensation choices are limited.  Where would you tender him?

Probably right of first refusal. He’s played well enough to keep around but not well enough to get a big contract IMO. I think with a normal cap, you could place a 1st or 2nd round tender, but I don’t think he gets $4M in 2021. In that situation I might put a 2nd on him. I don’t think $3.4M is a totally outlandish value in most years. But in 2021, I am not sure many, if any, teams come and try and offer that. Unsure though, that cost is still pretty low for decent CB depth, and this FA feels like it might be the haves vs. the have nots.  

Over the cap has Wallace valued at about 2.3M, which is about the value of right of refusal designation of $2.1M. 

2 hours ago, noacls said:

Has to be edge, rb rounds 1 and 2

It depends if they land a veteran TE in the next few weeks.  If not it will be EDGE, TE, NT, MLB, EDGE, DB and they roll with Moss/Singletary and a street FA at RB.

If they land a Kyle Rudolph and a good RB drops, yes I can see them taking another RB this year

48 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Need better at CB2 

Can't spend money everywhere.  Pass rush wins games not pass coverage (unless the refs let you cheat).  

I'm fine with Wallace and Jackson battling for CB#2 in 2021.  If they fill out the front 7 with this draft, they can draft a CB, S, and C next year.  

16 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

That identity - it needs a tweakin' :flirt:

Sorry but Feliciano is a starter.... you don’t pay someone $6M a year to sit the bench at OL. It’s Ford who will be playing for a starting position, not Mongo. 

Interior OL is definitely in play at 30, so is DE, CB and WR.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have this same concern.  Although we haven't yet brought back Boettger (though I'm told we want to).

And I'm OK With That!

Feliciano is a tough guy who plays w bad intentions.  Guys like that are a must if you want to be a physical team.  Personally I would let Ford Boettger and Feliciano battle it out for the 2 starting Guard positions.  And Feliciano can play center also.  As for the running game, it wasn't terrible.  But it definitely was not very good either.  And w resigning Williams and Feliciano, maybe we go RB in the 1st round.  Etienne or Najee Harris would look real nice in a Bills uniform!!

3 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

For a team that couldn’t run the ball I don’t see how bringing back our entire offensive line is a good thing. 

As Brandon Beane put it, running the ball is complex, in that it requires everyone to do their job. If one aspect fails, the run fails. 

More than anything, the offense needs to work on running the ball in practice over and over until they perfect it. Then, Daboll needs to work his magic in the run game like he does with the passing game. 

Daboll has been brilliant in the game planning and play calls for the pass game. I think he has been learning and developing as an OC in his time in Buffalo. I have faith he will get the Bills run game working as well as he has the pass game.

Hopefully, without the QB doing a lot of the running.