Bills re-sign Feliciano

Solid signing. Good, not great player, but what I like the most about him is the flexibility he offers. Good guard, great backup center to have. The price tag is very good for a guy like that. 

Beane has done a nice job the last few days getting our guys back. But now the hard part..... Getting better. Still need a monster pass rusher, a number 2 CB, a real TE, and a true speed guy at WR (some speed at RB wouldn't hurt either). Honestly, there probably isn't a way to get all that done unless we absolutely crush the draft and find some diamonds in the later rounds, but who knows. Maybe if Jackson truly is the real deal at CB, that would certainly help.

Still a lot of work to do to get better, but I don't think any of us can really complain about the work that's been done to keep our own over the last few days. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe I'm just hopeful that they plan to re-sign Boettger (who could compete with the oft-injured Ford) and draft someone who could make them erase that pencil and rewrite it a bit. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with the folks who point out that it's hard to make things better by keeping them the same.  Though it is a valid point that we never did have an OL of Dawkins-Ford-Morse-Feliciano-Williams on the field together.

I wonder if they’re banking on the idea of a healthy Ford and healthy Mongo in the lineup as being a significant upgrade in and of itself.

I also wonder if they figure another full, more traditional offseason as a unit will lead to internal improvement for the o-line.

The good news is that our pass protection was good last year. At the very least, keeping in tact the unit that helped pave the way for the record setting offensive passing performance is a good thing. Now back to that “how do they fix the run game?” question...

In any case, I hope they draft some youngsters at IOL that can compete with Ford and Mongo.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

On one hand - super cool to bring all 3 back. On the other - Beane said at the year end press conference that "this is not a Super Bowl Championship team yet". Using pretty much all of the cap to keep things the same instead of making improvements - it's hard to picture us taking that next step in overcoming KC in the AFC. Especially picking 30th each Round.

Do we have a game next week?

26 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

maybe they could grab a Cooks and Clowney still. Not all this

I would be happy with Clowney on a 1 year deal. That would give us the ability to draft a raw pass rusher like Paye or Rousseau or Ossai at #30 without forcing them into the starting lineup too early.

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Two years ago Singletary had elite ypc 5plus yards on over 200 touches.   He was tied with Derrick Henry.  We have the skill to run the ball, we just didn't prioritize it last year.  

Vs the Chiefs Daboll only fed Singletary 6 times all game (Moss was out).   It's part of the reason why we had so much trouble with the pass rush that day, Clark and the rest of the D line feasted knowing we were slinging the ball virtually every play.

agreed. Continuity is so important and now we have it.

These guys can run block— just need to give them a chance to do it. 

I think a little more balance on offense is what we’re all looking for.  When a team sells out to stop your passing game like KC did, you gotta be able to take the 5-6 yard gains on the ground they were basically gift wrapping to us.  I still think Moss will be a solid RB that can do what we need.  Comes down to the amount of resources you wanna devote to it.  Giving Gronk a 2 year $20m deal and drafting Etienne at pick 30 would certainly make our running game dynamic. 

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean my opinion is just another opinion, but I think if a bruiser was the answer then they drafted a pretty good bruiser in Moss and that didn't kick start things. I thought they needed speed last year and I still think they need speed.

Did you say Aaron Jones?

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Murphy was basically inactive the last half of the year. 

They need an upgrade in the rush because last year the lack of it was a big reason the defense got torched at times. The bar is a SB victory. The DLine as currently constructed ain't gunna get it done. They need a stud FA signing or a HR draft pick to make an immediate impact. 

Fair enough. I won't put anything past Beane at this point, but I think they'll do it in the draft. Not sure who the HR DE will be available when we draft. But do you have someone on your radar?

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

RFA this year. UFA next year.

The thing is, and I said this elsewhere with regard to Boettger, because Wallace was an UFDA rookie, the RFA is relatively meaningless.

The NFL finally announced its tender values last Friday. 

First-round tender: $4,766,000

Second-round tender: $3,384,000

Original-round tender: $2,183,000

Right of first refusal tender: $2,133,000

If we give him an original round tender or a right of first refusal tender, the lack of draft pick consequence will not necessarily deter other teams too much.

If we give him a 2nd round tender - do we feel he's worth $3.4M/yr?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but.... the salary cap.... cap space... blah!

Cap space exists to do one thing - allow you to have good players.

I was 50/50 on keeping Feliciano but when you have the players you want the cap is an afterthought.

And more importantly, a GM who knows how to manage the cap...And Beane has mastered it.  

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you, not necessarily about OT but that we need to draft/develop a C/G.  Morse is a bit scary at C because of the concussion history. 

It would be nice to do what way back, the Bills did with Eric Wood where he played guard initially to learn the ropes then slid over to center.

What I like about Mongo is that he can step in at center and they can plug in another player at guard. I like the idea of drafting a tackle that can kick inside. Mitch I don’t see as a longer term solution at center but this is a win now team. But going Oline in round 3 helps with depth and helps keep the team in contention long term

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, and I said this elsewhere with regard to Boettger, because Wallace was an UFDA rookie, the RFA is relatively meaningless.

The NFL finally announced its tender values last Friday. 

First-round tender: $4,766,000

Second-round tender: $3,384,000

Original-round tender: $2,183,000

Right of first refusal tender: $2,133,000

If we give him an original round tender or a right of first refusal tender, the lack of draft pick consequence will not deter other teams too much.

If we give him a 2nd round tender - do we feel he's worth $3.4M/yr?

I think Wallace probably is worth $3.4m if you just ask it as a bald question. He is a starting NFL #2 corner in a zone scheme. I think he could start for 8-10 teams in the league if they use him correctly and about $3.4m feels about fair market value for that. Is he worth $3.4m on a 1 year tender when it all has to count on the 2021 cap and the Bills are tight on space? No I don't think so.

I think the Bills will try to do an original tender with both Levi and Ike (a bit more cap tweaking allowing) and of someone beats that offer they will let them go.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Wallace probably is worth $3.4m if you just ask it as a bald question. He is a starting NFL #2 corner in a zone scheme. I think he could start for 8-10 teams in the league if they use him correctly and about $3.4m feels about fair market value for that. Is he worth $3.4m on a 1 year tender when it all has to count on the 2021 cap and the Bills are tight on space? No I don't think so.

I think the Bills will try to do an original tender with both Levi and Ike (a bit more cap tweaking allowing) and of someone beats that offer they will let them go.

Need better at CB2 

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Need better at CB2 

I agree. I want to upgrade Wallace. But there are teams for whom Wallace can start. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And more importantly, a GM who knows how to manage the cap...And Beane has mastered it.  

He certainly seems to understand it better than his predecessors. 

• Agree 1

Guess I'll say I'm slightly disappointed in this move. The bright side is it's not expensive. 

I was really hoping we'd try to get Creed Humphrey or Landon Dickerson in the draft and I just don't see that happening now. I thought either of those two would have been an actual benefit for us and on rookie deal.  But There's always a chance they won't be there by the time we pick. 

5 minutes ago, delirious said:

Guess I'll say I'm slightly disappointed in this move. The bright side is it's not expensive. 

I was really hoping we'd try to get Creed Humphrey or Landon Dickerson in the draft and I just don't see that happening now. I thought either of those two would have been an actual benefit for us and on rookie deal.  But There's always a chance they won't be there by the time we pick. 

Why cant they still do this?

They can move on from Morse at the end of this year and the pick can take over as C in 2022 after a year to learn the ropes and compete for a starting G spot in 2021

• Agree 1