Bills re-sign Feliciano

16 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

For a team that couldn’t run the ball I don’t see how bringing back our entire offensive line is a good thing. 

Time to change the running game scheme slightly or bring in a new RB. 

Nice.  That’s starter money so 4/5 of the line is set.  Guessing Ford and Boettger will be battling for that last OG spot.  Maybe throw in a draft pick too.  We could still use a swing tackle but I expect that will come later in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but.... the salary cap.... cap space... blah!

Cap space exists to do one thing - allow you to have good players.

I was 50/50 on keeping Feliciano but when you have the players you want the cap is an afterthought.

To be honest Beane didn't really do anything spectacular in terms of the cap. What he did do is keep the team together. I think many people thought he'd let those players walk to improve pass rush, TE, and CB. 

Now is the hard part. How does he make the team better? That's going to take some cap manipulation. 

• Like (+1) 4

Solid deal, a little more than Spain got. The Bills managed to resign all 3 key starters to reasonable deals. Good start to the off-season. Now the team has to at least try to sign a few of the role players. Roberts and or Mac is a big one as the return game and speed to the offense is needed, Ty I think is underrated as he is a quality depth swing tackle and T.Jones is a ST ace. Also the restricted guys are key, Ike, Bojo and Wallace are all key players need to keep them in the fold. 

Ideally I would hope to see Ty, Roberts or Mac, T.Jones and all three restricted guys brought back. And maybe if the cap permits they sign a vet D-line player to add to the rotation as a reclamation project. They then can spend pick 30 on a pass catcher or pass rusher to get that last piece needed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well....thats that.....scratch OG off the list at 30

I think they target a tackle in round 3. As much as I would like to see Ty back I don't think they are able to bring him back and I think they want to maintain the depth along the O-line. Right now assuming they resign Ike they have Ike/Ford (whomever doesn't win the LG spot) and Bates as depth along the O-line. They need a swing tackle if Ty isn't brought back. Round 1 and 2 I think they target a pass rusher and a pass catcher or corner so they dip into O-line depth in round 3 in a supposedly deep O-line class. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

To be honest Beane didn't really do anything spectacular in terms of the cap. What he did do is keep the team together. I think many people thought he'd let those players walk to improve pass rush, TE, and CB. 

Now is the hard part. How does he make the team better? That's going to take some cap manipulation. 

Yea which is easy done. And some drafting, which is harder.