Does Beane have one or two more surprises for us?

The Magic Beane has a DE trick up his sleeve and his name is Carl Lawson. Lawson was 4th in NFL at pressures on a bad team that's pretty hard to do considering teams are usually running out the clock on them . We'll restucture a player or 2 and get this done I feel it in my bones. Lol. 

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I want to unwrap McCaffrey and Bosa:wub:

I know this is your shtick and all but Jesus dude, go bash the bishop or something before logging onto TBD, you will be able to focus better.

• Haha (+1) 4

https://images.app.goo.gl/7vCakj6BgQmEuoEp8

Curtis Samuel. Young (will only be 25 this season), fast, quick, a John Brown & Isaiah McKenzie replacement rolled into 1 player.

This guy has untapped potential, as he's never really played in a potential offense with a good QB.  I still don't forget how much local media fawned over him when the Bills & Panthers held joint practices.

Yea, but we can't afford him. Yes we can.

4 years - $48.5M

$8M signing bonus

'21 - $5.5 base, $7.5M cap hit

'22 - $10.5M base, $12.5M cap hit

Potential out w/ $4M dead cap (as Beane always seems to do)

'23 - $11.5M base, $13.5M cap hit

'24 - $13M base, $15M cap hit 

Simply restructuring Diggs deal or giving him a 2 year extension adds $6-7M in cap room this year, which paves the way for Curtis Samuel.  Yes, it adds to our future cap allocation, but these are the moves trams make when they have winning the SB in mind.

• Like (+1) 1

I still think it's possible we will sign an upper tier pass rusher, although with re-signing both Milano and Williams I'm a lot less confident of that now. I could see us releasing Hughes to free up the necessary cap space. That combined with a couple restructures that others have already recommended would mean we could make one splash signing and still afford a couple other mid-tier FAs.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I didn't think his Batman held a candle to Bale's version, so I doubt he could be convincing as a football player.

Well played.

And then there is Val Kilmer.  Ugghh.  Now Tombstone, “We’ll Johnny Ringo, looks like somebody walked all over you’re grave”.  “I’m you’re Hunkleberry”. “ I was kiddin”.  “I wasn’t”.

Top 10 men’s movie.

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Milanos a good player, but if resigning him cost them the ability to sign a upper tier pass rusher it was a mistake, IMO.

I tend to agree, re-signing Williams and adding a pass rusher were my two biggest priorities this offseason. Milano's role would have been easier to fill in the draft than upgrading the pass rush. But I'm not making any final judgments until I see what we do this week. I feel like Hughes should have been restructured by now... I just have a hunch he won't be on the team this season. With Addison and Butler taking pay cuts and Jefferson being released outright it feels like Beane is gearing up for one more big move.

• Like (+1) 2