Does Beane have one or two more surprises for us?

I thought I would just throw the question out there as Free Agency is days out!  

The Wizard already pulled off two moves  I didn’t think could happen. Fantastic that we have shored up our Two Tackles for Three seasons. Keeping Matt is one less hole to fill at that position!

But... With that being said,  End of Season press conference he was clearly not satisfied with our TE production? Are we going to roll with Knox once more season and hope he  picks up his game? It’s not often many Tight ends hit the market like this Free Agency. 

Is there a Player we can find who is ready to wreak some Havoc on opposing Qbs?

Can he manipulate the cap a bit more and push some money to future seasons when the Tv deals kick in?

Or are we essentially done and on to the draft!

Keeping the status quo is good for the long Haul.. I’d be curious to hear everyone’s  thoughts on the state of this roster as it stands and if it can Be a Championship Roster.

I think we might see some under the radar stuff but no I don’t think we’re seeing any big moves. We ALL recognize the need for an elite level pass rusher but it’s not like teams are just giving them away. It has been beaten to death exactly how many ways and how easy it is to free some cap for a move if something is available. I expect they will address depth and hope to find a hidden gem or two in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There’s a few very good pass rushers available in FA.... not sure they have the space considering the moves just made and holding onto a few guys instead of cutting them outright.... they are FAs, it has nothing to do with teams giving them away. 

They are usually free agents for a reason. I don’t see any of those guys as elite game changers or big upgrades over what we already have

47 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I got a feeling that there will be 2-3  ring chasers that will come over to the Bills on a 1 yr cheap deal ....

I was just going to say that about a "ring chaser" (great term and it's great to say about the Bills!) or maybe two.  Three seems a little too much for the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

I think they will bring in a FA TE.  Smith will be gone and his 2.25 million plus a little will bring the next man in.  

Jerry could be out too if a good FA is available on a deal.  Savings on Jerry is over 7 million so they might be able to get younger at the position.   

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d take a chance on Clowney.  We got a plethora of JAG’s on the D Line.  Dude possesses elite talent.  As McDermott says, come here and be the best version of yourself.  He needs us as much as we need him and he’d come cheap.  

Even if he comes cheap he has been injured and non productive the last few years.   I hope Beans takes a hard pass.

6 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Even if he comes cheap he has been injured and non productive the last few years.   I hope Beans takes a hard pass.

Yes. But Clooney is a potentially elite cheap 1 year prove it option. I’d roll the dice on him for the right price. Still would draft a pass rusher anyways as they are old at that position.

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

There’s definitely a risk in signing him but for 1 year $7-8m, at best you unlock his potential and get the difference maker this D Line needs, at worst it’s like having Murphy for another year.  
There’s also a big risk chasing one of the higher priced free agent pass rushers.  

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A potential addition of Von Miller isn’t an upgrade over Addison? In what world?

He’s not even a free agent yet is he? From what I read they want him back in Denver if they can lower his number. 

I'd be happy to just see Beane resign McKenzie, BoJo, and Andre Roberts.   I was really hoping to get Feliciano back but Beane should be able to sign those three players for about the same cost as resigning Feliciano.  I think those three player's contribution as a whole would be greater for the Bills than Feliciano's alone. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think this offseason will play to Beane's strengths.  I think he will not be active in early free agency.  He will wait his time until some good players still will not have teams and when pick up quality backups at multiple positions.

I think he will draft a guard/center early in the draft, a DT space eater so he can jettison Star's contract next year, a mid round RB (would love Chubba Hubbard here), another WR to fight for playing time.

• Like (+1) 3