Any interest in Saquon Barkley?

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

✔️Missed 17 games in two seasons.

✔️Had a torn ACL.

🤔

No.  Had you said 'Steve Austin', I might be willing to listen.

We can rebuild him.  The first bionic man.

A little too old for me, but loved the reruns.  As far as Barkley, hard pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Barkley is a game breaker though.

He was...we don’t know what he will be after his injury.  

Hasn’t anyone learned from AZ, Dallas, Jets, etc?  You don’t pay a RB big money.  You can get away with it while your QB is on a rookie deal, but you can’t spend big on a RB when you’ve got a top end WR, franchise QB, and OT’s to pay.

If we give up a second for Barkley, and he comes here and had a big year, he will demand a big contract next year that we can’t afford, essentially making him a 1 year rental.  If he doesn’t have a big year, well maybe he can sign for less, but that sounds like we wasted a second round pick then.

Why not just draft someone in the first or second like who isn’t hurt and will be on a rookie deal for 4 years as well?

Or sign one of the many good FA RBs where we get them without trading a 2nd and also won’t be a huge cap hit to have him here more than one year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s missed 17 games over 2 seasons and is coming off a torn ACL. The Giants are debating on whether to pick up his 5th year option or not or whether to extend him to a long term deal. Would you guys inquire about him if you were Brandon Beane? Think a 2nd would get it done?

you had me at "He's missed 17 games over 2 seasons"....

• Haha (+1) 2

I think it would take pick 30 to get Saquon at the very least plus another pick. Looking at spotrac, this is the last year of his rookie deal and it looks like his 5th year option is gonna be $7 million. This year in 2021 he has a $10 million cap hit which could be lowered by making more of his salary into a signing bonus. $7 million on his 5th year, is actually not bad. The Salary cap should be significantly higher the next few years although Allen will be taking up a lot of it. It's not too crazy to think about. I think I would wait to see what happens on draft day and how the board falls. If it falls a little out of favor, then I would call the Giants and see if Beane can work something out for pick 30. If not, then just trade down or take whoever we need to but I wouldn't give up pick 30 before draft day

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s missed 17 games over 2 seasons and is coming off a torn ACL. The Giants are debating on whether to pick up his 5th year option or not or whether to extend him to a long term deal. Would you guys inquire about him if you were Brandon Beane? Think a 2nd would get it done?

You answered your own question by noting his injury and games missed. I really don't think Bills make a significant move at RB.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

I'm not wild about Saquon.

Saquons not wild about me... 

they call me mellow yellow... that’s right...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Is his contract up? I thought he still had 1 more year

Well as stupid of an offer as it sounds, he is coming off an ACL injury and from the looks of it the giants may be in rebuild mode, they don’t have a QB worth a damn on their roster and they don’t have much weapons on offense or defense. Maybe just Maybe Barkley might ask to be traded to a contender instead of wasting the prime of his career on a rebuilding franchise with no QB

They aren’t trading him for a second... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

YEESH

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

1300 yards, 11TDs and 91 receptions his rookie year. I would love a back like that on this team

Yeah maybe he's not a back like that anymore...

32 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

They are considering not using the 5th year option.  So maybe?

why would they make that decision before his 4th year?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah maybe he's not a back like that anymore...

why would they make that decision before his 4th year?

Because of the rules.  Like the Bills with Josh Allen, the Giants have to decide to use the 5th year option by May of this year.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker
  • Like (+1) 1