Any interest in Saquon Barkley?

Cautionary tale with drafting RB's that high in today's NFL.  DON'T DO IT. 

Since the Giants didn't want to go QB that year the next three non QB's off the board that year were Ward, Nelson, and Chubb.  They pry could've traded down a few spots and still obtained one of them.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok...it’s not so much you proposing the idea of Saquon...it’s the idea of you proposing we send a 2nd round pick for him which would be crazy.  

That’s just a lot to invest on a guy coming off a major injury like that.  I’d rather use our first or second round pick on a RB on a rookie deal.  

Barkley is either going to be a one year rental (and first year back from an ACL is almost always a down year from their pre-injury production) or cost a lot to keep, money we don’t have to spend.  

Spend big on a QB, WR, and OL...no where else on offense.  

Plus there are much cheaper options in free agency too that won’t cost a 2nd round pick if they wanted to add another veteran RB.  

Barkley is a game breaker though.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Cautionary tale with drafting RB's that high in today's NFL.  DON'T DO IT. 

Since the Giants didn't want to go QB that year the next three non QB's off the board that year were Ward, Nelson, and Chubb.  They pry could've traded down a few spots and still obtained one of them.

Gettleman must cringe when he thinks of how he screwed that pick up. 

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Barkley is a game breaker though.

But not a difference maker.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Hey, you can say what you want but he is the former #2 overall pick and ACL injuries aren’t what they used to be. He could easily return to form and lead the league in rushing. Better than anyone we could get at #61.

He is only the former #2 overall pick because the Giants are idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s damaged goods at this point. Can’t stay healthy and has been way overused due to them not having any consistency from the QB position

That depends what he’s asking for come contract time. If he’s looking to get a pay day I think the giants let him walk or they trade him

So mccaffery is damaged good.....but Barkley isn’t?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

✔️Missed 17 games in two seasons.

✔️Had a torn ACL.

🤔

No.  Had you said 'Steve Austin', I might be willing to listen.

Steve Austin was worth 6 million back in 1973. What would he be worth by today's standards and inflation rate? Remember, we have limited cap space😆 Might be worth it. I remember him kicking Dick Butkus's ass in an episode.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Hey, you can say what you want but he is the former #2 overall pick and ACL injuries aren’t what they used to be. He could easily return to form and lead the league in rushing. Better than anyone we could get at #61.

Why do you think there's any chance the Giants do anything with Barkley other than accept his 5th year option?  Sorry, but your OP is ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Do the Giants have any interest in parting ways with him?

No

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s missed 17 games over 2 seasons and is coming off a torn ACL. The Giants are debating on whether to pick up his 5th year option or not or whether to extend him to a long term deal. Would you guys inquire about him if you were Brandon Beane? Think a 2nd would get it done?

I didn't read any responses. Absolutely not.

No running back deserves a 2nd contract unless they are HOF worthy. This is a terrible idea.

This board and the fascination with runnin' bax.:rolleyes:

How many examples do some of you need to see to know that you don't draft them early,  don't trade good picks for them and don't pay them big.

Very simple rules.

If Barkley becomes a free agent and has to take a cheap,  Leonard Fournette kinda' deal.........and you really need a veteran RB.........that's your opening.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I miss phone booths :unsure:

I had a client on the phone booth business back in my banking days. Yep, I’m old but I never banked any slide rule manufacturers or abacus retail establishments. 

Poor guy had to go from place to place collecting loose change in the GOOD days! 

Oh, and I have ZERO interest in Barkley unless he’s dirt cheap and healthy. But if he were both......

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1