What’s your earliest memory of the Buffalo Bills?

Jack Kemp being booed unmercifully entering the game coming off the bench, throws a long TD pass causing the crowd to go crazy instantly. From bum to hero on one play. This was at the ole Rockpile - War Memorial Stadium in the 60's... You could still get a REAL grilled hot dog at the concession stands, not the boiled or microwaved kind they sell you today...

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

@ SUNY Fredonia 1980, Joe Cribbs carrying me around on on his shoulders for 15 mins or so while he was signing autographs for the mob of fans.  I was hooked

Yeah, 'fess up.  You were 19 at the time, Cribbs was just showing off his off season weightlifting prowess. 😁

19 hours ago, jwolf02 said:

-Getting Jim Kelly's autograph in the back corner of a Toys R Us (it was a scheduled signing). I remember him wearing a canadian tuxedo.  Still have that ball on display in my kids room with a few other training camp autographs through the years.

What the devil is a 'canadian tuxedo'?  A 'Syd Silver' rental?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yeah, 'fess up.  You were 19 at the time, Cribbs was just showing off his off season weightlifting prowess. 😁

Nah, I was 36 at the time.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Haha, Jeans and a jean jacket.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure what happened first but these three were early;

1) OJ tearing up his knee on a kick return at the Rockpile after Bill Enyart missed a block

2) Preston Riddlehuber’s half back option pass

3) Greg Jones returning an onside kick fir a TD against the Patriots

My first game was the home opener in 1972. We lost to the Jets 41-24 but it was the first time I saw OJ Simpson run the ball. I was hooked and wore #32 everywhere. I remember the seats were just rows of metal and you could bring in food and beer.  I didn't have a seat. I sat on the cooler in front of my dad with two of my uncles and my grandpa. I was in charge of passing the beers to everyone. It was so cool to be able to bring a picnic full of food and beer and pay a few bucks a ticket to see the Bills play.  #Goodtimes

On 3/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I believe he gained 2,000 in 73 after moving to Rich Stadium. They stuck the fork in War Memorial on a cold late December day against the Lions. My thermos bottle nearly froze. 😂

May have been, I just know I froze in both stadiums. Great memories  .. ....

Bills Steelers pre-season game either in 79 or 80.  I believe it was 80 after they had won their fourth SB.  While trying to find the preseason schedules for those years, I found a you-tube highlight film of Bills Steelers 1980 regular season game in November.  Van Miller was great calling the game and as the Bills clinched the win, he states the Bills have arrived.  It would take a couple more weeks and a win over a young Montana and the 49ers to clinch the AFC East. Also found that highlight film on you-tube.  

Like many of my generation, it’s the memories of my childhood hero, OJ Simpson—he ran with grace, agility, speed and power.  Watching the old highlights of him running with the ball will always amaze me (he’s in that special class of all time greats). 

I couple vague memories when I was super young and going to peoples houses with my parents and everybody ignoring me. 

But as I came of age, one of the first games ever actually sitting through with my dad, I was about 7. I couldn’t tell you who we were playing but it was definitely December. I asked why 78 wasn’t wearing long sleeves when it was cold and snowing. My dad said “that’s Bruce Smith, he’s so tough he doesn’t get cold”. I said I want to be like Bruce Smith and my dad went outside with me and let me run around in shorts, T-shirt, and boots, in the snow in the yard. 

Bruce Smith has been my favorite Bill since then. Although Josh and Tre are catching up quickly now that I am 34. Tre is a national treasure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, Mojo44 said:

The 1963 season. They lost the AFL championship game to the Boston Pats*. I was 10 growing up in Niagara Falls.  Do the math. Yes, I’m that old. 😁

That's my earliest memory too, watching the game with my dad on t.v.  I'm not quite as old as you. I was 6 at the time!

• Like (+1) 1