What’s your earliest memory of the Buffalo Bills?

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

OJ running wild on every team in '73, when I was 7. His limbs were that of a superior species in those days. And I was hooked from then on.

My earliest memory was the same thing, I was 5 however.

1973 OJ, OJ, OJ and more of OJ.   and a thermos of hot chocolate between my legs to stay warm at War Memorial.

Been a fan ever since ...

3 hours ago, Bill Lewes said:

Training camp at Niagara, OJ standing high jumping a 4'+ security fence to sign autographs

My first memory is also training camp at Niagara. 1973 or 74. I was along the fence as players were coming out to the field for practice. J.D. Hill was walking by. I said "Hi J.D." He looks at me in kinda of a pissed off way and says in a really deep voice, "Hi". I also remember O.J. running out to the field at full speed which impressed the 7 or 8 yr old me. 

Earliest memory of the Bills was watching Greg Bell run for over 200 yards against the Cowboys in November 1984. It was the Bills' first win of the season and I remember (as a 5 year old), I felt sorry for they guy because he was such a good player trapped on a bad team.

1 hour ago, phxbacker said:

My earliest memory was the same thing, I was 5 however.

1973 OJ, OJ, OJ and more of OJ.   and a thermos of hot chocolate between my legs to stay warm at War Memorial.

Been a fan ever since ...

I believe he gained 2,000 in 73 after moving to Rich Stadium. They stuck the fork in War Memorial on a cold late December day against the Lions. My thermos bottle nearly froze. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

Walking through the concourse tunnel and seeing the green turf glistening in the Monday night lights.  It was 83 or 84 against the Jets.  My Dad was supposed to babysit me (I was 4 at the time) while my Mom worked.  Uncle scored some tickets and my Dad just left a note for my Mom that we were going to the game (she was pissed...lol).  I fell asleep by halftime, which was probably a good thing since the game apparently broke a record for arrests during an NFL game.  Don't remember the score (I know we got destroyed) or much of the game, just that first image of seeing the field for the very first time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sitting in the cheap end zone seats at the Rockpile early 60's. Parking with dad in the neighborhood front lawns, hoping your tires weren't slashed when you got back from the game (only if you didn't tip up front!). Training camp at some hotel off the Thruway in Hamburg, and also camp at Niagara University.

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Walking through the concourse tunnel and seeing the green turf glistening in the Monday night lights.  It was 83 or 84 against the Jets.  My Dad was supposed to babysit me (I was 4 at the time) while my Mom worked.  Uncle scored some tickets and my Dad just left a note for my Mom that we were going to the game (she was pissed...lol).  I fell asleep by halftime, which was probably a good thing since the game apparently broke a record for arrests during an NFL game.  Don't remember the score (I know we got destroyed) or much of the game, just that first image of seeing the field for the very first time.

Was she mad because he left a note instead of telling her face to face, because he took a four-year-old to a game with an NFL record amount of arrests or because he didn’t take her instead?

Or, all three? 🤣

7 minutes ago, Alfredo said:

Drafting Richie Lucas in 1960. (I'm running out of time for that first Super Bowl victory. 😨)

Just one before I die!!!

Actually, I’m hoping for a couple under the Beane/McD/JA regime.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

5 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

OJ running wild on every team in '73, when I was 7. His limbs were that of a superior species in those days. And I was hooked from then on.

Yes, I probably watched a game before then, but the memory that I can pinpoint...and still envision...is him going over 2000 yards for the season against the Jets in a snowstorm.

1973, it was the magical trifecta.  Rich Stadium was a new jewel, OJ ran wild and the NFL lifted the local blackout rule if the game sold out 72 hours before kick-off.  So all of the games were on TV.  Growing up in Toronto during that period, we really just watched the CFL.  But seeing that new stadium drew me in and I watched every game. The next year a friend parents took us to Bills vs Miami, Bills lost, but I was hooked.  Been a die hard ever since.

One of the Bill's games at the Rockpile in 1960.  I went with my dad.  We paid to park near the stadium on some guy's front lawn.

I remember Mack Yoho returning kicks (the crowd would chant "Yo-Ho", Yo-Ho" just before the kick, Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion playing flanker and Laverne "Tarzan" Torzcon on the DL.  The QB was Tommy O'Connell, I think.

1963.  My dad was trying to explain to a seven year old (me) how the playoffs and championship worked.  It came down to whether the Bills or Boston would win the most games.  And my next question was, and then that team plays San Diego, right?  Back then the Chargers were considered the class of the league.

I think the first game I went to was in 1967, a preseason game that the Bills lost. 

• Like (+1) 1