What’s your earliest memory of the Buffalo Bills?

Hey fellow Bills fans!

First time OP here.

My earliest memory is in 1988. It’s when the Bills went into Chicago and lost to the Bears 24-3. I believe 1988 is also the year the Bills became my favorite team. I should’ve taken the Bears game as a sign. 🤣 Just teasing, I love the Bills.

What’s your earliest memory of our beloved Bills? Also, if you remember, give the year.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to What’s your earliest memory of the Buffalo Bills?

I was in the 5th grade going to recess. Overheard some friends talking about a team that almost won a championship game but missed a kick. I never watched football, couldn’t name a single team, but I asked “who?” anyway and they said “the Buffalo Bills.” The rest is history.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sad to say it's wide right. I wasn't even a Bills fan yet. Very young. I became a Bills fan after going to training camp maybe in 1993? Sometime around then. 

Same. I was 10

• Like (+1) 1

October 1972 Bills played Steelers at War Memorial.  OJ ran a sweep to the right for a 94 yard touchdown.  Went to the game with my dad.  I was 8.

Does anyone else remember the fan in the stands in the late 70s who led the " Oh Sh*t" cheer? 

For those who don't or are too young, this guy was in the corner end zone lower bowl pretty high up.  He had an aisle seat and anytime the Bills had a bad play - bad penalty or a turnover - he would stand up and put his hands in the air and it seemed the entire crowd would yell a drawn out "Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh" for a few seconds and then the fan would drop his hands and everyone would yell "Sh*t".  It was so loud.  80k seats back then.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm not sure of the timing, but it's one of three things:

-Ronnie Harmon's drop against the Browns is definitely the first memory I have from a game...

-I played against Darryl Talley's son in Little Loop and he signed my game program,but that would have been a year right around the Harmon catch. I was definitely in awe, the largest human I had ever met at that point. He was really nice to all the kids.

-Getting Jim Kelly's autograph in the back corner of a Toys R Us (it was a scheduled signing). I remember him wearing a canadian tuxedo.  Still have that ball on display in my kids room with a few other training camp autographs through the years.

• Like (+1) 1

All youngsters. First time I saw a color TV outside of a store. 1965 Bills at SD winning their 2nd AFL  Championship. Uncle (worked at Chevy had $) and bought one and invited  every one over to watch,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

OJ running wild on every team in '73, when I was 7. His limbs were that of a superior species in those days. And I was hooked from then on.

Same here.

My earliest memory was listening to the opening kickoff at Rich Stadium and my Dad saying he bet the Redskins would run it all the way back for a TD.

Herb Mul-Key did just that.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think it was 2000 or 2001 (I was 12-13), Van Pelt was the starter and they were just flat.

Sadly I don’t remember much of the Kelly or Flutie days

Wow, bro, you’re dedicated! What a tough time to become a fan. Mad props.

32 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I was in the 5th grade going to recess. Overheard some friends talking about a team that almost won a championship game but missed a kick. I never watched football, couldn’t name a single team, but I asked “who?” anyway and they said “the Buffalo Bills.” The rest is history.

Awesome story!