Re-sign or wave good-bye series: player 9 Andre Roberts

WR Andre Roberts  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What approach do you want the Bills to take with Andre Roberts?

• Re-sign - do whatever it takes
    • Offer a contract but if another team offers more and he wants the caish let him walk
    • Don’t offer a contract - thanks for the memories

Not that his return efforts were not helpful, but really, that’s all he is good at, he was pretty, shall we say, bad as a WR, jmo. 

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I lean letting him walk and become the Pats #1 WR.  QB

fixed

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not that his return efforts were not helpful, but really, that’s all he is good at, he was pretty, shall we say, bad as a WR, jmo. 

Pretty much this. ALL he does is return kicks and punts.   If he could play WR or even be a core ST coverage guy, I would probably want to bring him back.  Very good returner, but I’d rather resign Mckenzie and give him another shot at returns.  The kid is electric 

• Like (+1) 2

He's been a good returner for us, but we should move on from him.

He's 33 and is not that good of a Wide Receiver. I'm confident that we can find a replacement for him.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 2

I don't know the details with his contract, but I would imagine it couldn't be but so bad. Anyway I would definitely try to keep him if it's manageable..A serious threat on ST and very reliable catching P and KO and doesn't put the ball on the ground hardly ever.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Roberts has been great. But other than the cap issues, it really hurts to use up roster spots with guys that are singularly devoted to ST.

i hope we look for some replacements to guys like Roberts and Taiwan Jones that can give us more flexibility to use on offense or defense.

Isaiah McKenzie plays offense and can return punts. Maybe he or another player can return what few opportunities that is offered on kickoff returns.

Edited by first_and_ten
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He adds value to a team, but he we are in cap trouble and McKenize can fill the void.  If it was between him and McKenzie, I would rather keep McKenzie.  Based on the current situation, I would say to move on.   I liked his results and effort during his time as a Bill and wish him well. 

Edited by dgrochester55

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I voted for Make an Offer but don't get into a bidding war.

I was thinking that maybe instead of making offers to McKenzie as WR4 and Roberts as KR - we make an offer to Cordarralle Patterson to be both. Probably a crazy idea, but just a thought.

That’s not that crazy...

Beane will make an offer that we can afford to make.  After all, Robert’s has made plays every year.  If he gets a better deal and he goes,  he goes down a very good contributor to very good Buffalo Bills teams.  He might stay because he likes team, the city, and the Bills culture - so Beane should talk to him and make a reasonable offer.   

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Don't re-sign Robert's.  Sign McKenzie instead.

Good point. If it comes to it, McKenzie can also return punts and kicks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As long as we have someone on the team who can return punts, I think he’s a luxury we can’t afford 

He made 1.3m last year after a Pro Bowl season. I think we can afford that for one of the best return men in football. 

I don't get why people are this eager to move on from him. I'd get it a bit if McKenzie were already signed, but if we don't sign either then we're at square one for kick returners and think back to when we've had bad special teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2