Another Link in the Mock Draft Chain for the Bills .

T master

I was reading some mock draft stuff earlier and one of the posts i read had the Bills choosing Carlos Basham from Wake Forest .

I watched his high light film and he looked good but i'm not real sure if the competition he played against was top notch or if they were not as good which made him look better than he is .

I know we have a couple of young players in Epenesa & Bam Johnson which i think they could develop into good players as the Bills get to coach them into shape not only with in the scheme but with some more weight training .

I would rather they get a veteran with a proven history like a Von Miller but given the cap this year i don't see that happening plus the Broncos have said they want him to stay in Denver .

I've also read of other DE's that the Bills could sign that are veterans but can't remember off hand who they were because i'v e read so many different posts but am asking if any of you know more about Basham in particular ? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, custcarcen said:

Basham is available in the 2nd in some mocks. Is he any good ? The NFL Network guys had a lot of positive comments about him during the Senior Bowl workouts.

I’d be happy with Basham in rd 2.  I wouldn’t be happy if he were the pick @30.  Not twitchy enough for me to spend a 1st.  

Speaking of possible vets that may come chasing a ring, sign me up for Justin Houston.  

other vet possibilities if they take team friendly deals:

Aldon Smith

Kerry hyder

Ryan Kerrigan  

Melvin Ingram 

soloman thomas

markus golden

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think they are now in a position to roll the dice on a low floor high ceiling DE at 30 like Rousseau or Jaelen Phillips....

Basham seems to me like another AJ Epenesa  

I don’t think either make it there... but the potential of a guy like Rousseau in Buffalo would be amazing... 

• Agree 2

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t think either make it there... but the potential of a guy like Rousseau in Buffalo would be amazing... 

I wouldn’t trade up for them... there will be someone there they like but it’s good that they don’t have to sweat on it being their preferred RT Williams replacement anymore...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Gimme the fastest wr we can get at 30. 

Fast is fine, but great hands are better, that and WR is not what we need most with our number one pick, 

(all picks are BPA at positions of need, and are completely subjective,  some folk just refuse to accept this fact 😁👍)

Edited by Don Otreply

18 hours ago, T master said:

I was reading some mock draft stuff earlier and one of the posts i read had the Bills choosing Carlos Basham from Wake Forest .

I watched his high light film and he looked good but i'm not real sure if the competition he played against was top notch or if they were not as good which made him look better than he is .

I know we have a couple of young players in Epenesa & Bam Johnson which i think they could develop into good players as the Bills get to coach them into shape not only with in the scheme but with some more weight training .

I would rather they get a veteran with a proven history like a Von Miller but given the cap this year i don't see that happening plus the Broncos have said they want him to stay in Denver .

I've also read of other DE's that the Bills could sign that are veterans but can't remember off hand who they were because i'v e read so many different posts but am asking if any of you know more about Basham in particular ? 

He definitely pops off the screen during their games.  

I’d rather take one of the Miami DE’s, if they are there though. 

Wake plays in the ACC... I’m not sure why you’d worry about his level of competition.  I doubt anyone here is worried about Clemson, Miami, VT, UNC, FSU players etc.. 

Edited by SCBills

I'm starting to think that Etienne, Toney, or IOL makes a lot of sense at 30. I just don't see great value on D at the tail end of the 1st round. Of course, alot can happen in FA, so nailing down a pick at this point is futile at best

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I'm starting to think that Etienne, Toney, or IOL makes a lot of sense at 30. I just don't see great value on D at the tail end of the 1st round. Of course, alot can happen in FA, so nailing down a pick at this point is futile at best

I agree, I was all about Jenkins or Leatherwood but now I think Etienne might be the best on the board. The acceleration is insane.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I agree, I was all about Jenkins or Leatherwood but now I think Etienne might be the best on the board. The acceleration is insane.

Not to mention, so is Toney's. I think Toney could replace 3 roster spots in McKenzie, Brown, AND Roberts. 

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Not to mention, so is Toney's. I think Toney could replace 3 roster spots in McKenzie, Brown, AND Roberts. 

not to mention, play ST's. 

There’s no one I’d rather have at #30 than Carlos Basham. I think he will be a very good DE in the NFL and for a long time, he’s my guy. I suppose if he was gone I’d take Zaven Collins there, I think he would be an excellent MLB for us and could also do beyond well in a Lorax kind of role. Owusu would also be an excellent option as well, these are probably my top 3 favorite options at #30. In the event of a trade down I think I would go after Elijah Moore, Jay Tufele, Jabril Cox and Pat Freiermuth.

At #61 I’d like perhaps Hunter Long, Creed Humphrey or perhaps Quin Meinerz. I also like Tedarrell Slaton and Marvin Wilson, both are huge space eating nose tackles that can collapse the pocket, get pressure and stop the run. Trill Williams would also be a good option also if we go corner.