Current Cap #'s

Apparently Bills don't have enough cap space to process some contracts and need to create space. So as we've all been talking about there's still moves to be made with current contracts. For whatever reason they're waiting to finalize whatever moves they're going to make. Is it strategy? Maybe some players they've asked for cuts wanted to see the market 1st? But either way some moves are coming. 

As it stands now, the Bills don’t even have the cap space to process the Feliciano or Trubisky contracts according to Spotrac, who says they have $1.1 million in available room (ithout accounting for the Tyler Matakevich extension, which likely dropped his $3.7 million hit). Feliciano’s cap hit will be above $4 million and Trubisky’s is $2.5 million. That’s before Buffalo needs to account for signing rookies at ~$1.8 million in cap space.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Apparently Bills don't have enough cap space to process some contracts and need to create space. So as we've all been talking about there's still moves to be made with current contracts. For whatever reason they're waiting to finalize whatever moves they're going to make. Is it strategy? Maybe some players they've asked for cuts wanted to see the market 1st? But either way some moves are coming. 

Misleading lede.  Spotrac, while accurate, isn’t an official cap number for the Bills.  Claiming that the Bills don’t have enough cap room to process contracts which they’ve already agreed to is complete conjecture.  Garbage reporting.  

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Misleading lede.  Spotrac, while accurate, isn’t an official cap number for the Bills.  Claiming that the Bills don’t have enough cap room to process contracts which they’ve already agreed to is complete conjecture.  Garbage reporting.  

What do you mean? They're either processed or not. He says they're not. You're saying he's wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you mean? They're either processed or not. He says they're not. You're saying he's wrong? 

I’m saying spotrac is a non-official cap website.  They still have teams over the cap which clearly isn’t accurate.  Claiming the Bills can’t process contracts they’ve agreed to because Spotrac hasn’t processed the numbers is garbage reporting.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I agree , for a player to sign on the dotted line the funds have to be available.

Edited by Bronxbomber21

I’ve been struggling to understand why our cap space is so tight?  We have so many players on rookie contracts still. It seems like other teams have many more veterans on their teams at higher contacts. Tre, Milano, Star and Hughes are the highest on D, Diggs, Morse, D Williams and Dawkins on O. 

19 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I’ve been struggling to understand why our cap space is so tight?  We have so many players on rookie contracts still. It seems like other teams have many more veterans on their teams at higher contacts. Tre, Milano, Star and Hughes are the highest on D, Diggs, Morse, D Williams and Dawkins on O. 

We have a lot of veterans making good money. Our DL for example isn't the most dominant but it's one of the most expensive DLs in the NFL. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We have a lot of veterans making good money. Our DL for example isn't the most dominant but it's one of the most expensive DLs in the NFL. 

This.  We had the most money in the league invested in DL last year. 

It's not that they were gawdawful by the end of the season, but the ROI was puny.

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:53 AM, ngbills said:

How the blank do the Chiefs have only $160M spent? Hmmm...

Mahomes - $7M ($450M contract/10yr)

Jones - $8M ($80M/4yr)

Kelce - $6M ($57M/4yr)

Thuney - $4.5M ($80M/5yr)

And I dont want to hear they are going into cap hell. Sportrac shows they will have $50M in space in 2022. How does that roster with a $450M QB and multi $50M+ other contracts seem to be in better shape than ours?

At least right now the Chiefs only have 23 guys under contract for 2022, and they're listed at $32M under.

And some of those 23 guys in 2022 are named Lucas Niang, Rashad Fenton, Darwin Thompson, Michael Danna, Bopete Keyes, Yasir Durant, Khalen Sanders and Tershawn Wharton. They are going to have to bring in a ton more guys

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Thanks yolo for posting, Greg Thompsett has been, for me, the best Bills reporter/podcaster when it comes to cap and roster construction this offseason and probably a few before it. Always a good listen.

Agreed.. quite a knowledgeable guy and speaks very well...I have watched all of his stuff this off season...