Current Cap #'s

9 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

When is the time when we have to be under cap? Is it March 17, so if we sign (or agree to sign) FAs over the cap today/tomorrow we have to restructure our guys also within two days?

Correct.  I’m sure the groundwork for restructures is in place, possibly already written into some of the recent large contracts.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:19 AM, aristocrat said:

We can restructure a few games and get over 30 mil in space if we want to

Guys, not games, right?

I don't think we want to. To get $30 mill it would have to be more than a few. And Beane doesn't seem to work that way.

While we did those re-structures we've already done, I've been watching the cap for next year go down. Spotrac guesses our adjusted cap for next year to be $216M, and our cap space to be about $33.8M. If you create more space this year, you take it away from next year. 

I can see one or two more. Possibly even three. I doubt more, though. It's not how Beane likes to operate.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Guys, not games, right?

I don't think we want to. To get $30 mill it would have to be more than a few. And Beane doesn't seem to work that way.

While we did those re-structures we've already done, I've been watching the cap for next year go down. Spotrac guesses our adjusted cap for next year to be $216M, and our cap space to be about $33.8M. If you create more space this year, you take it away from next year. 

I can see one or two more. Possibly even three. I doubt more, though. It's not how Beane likes to operate.

We'll see.

we don’t have to but if beane thinks a guy is gonna put us over the top he can do it. And he doesn’t have to open all that space up just enough to get the guy

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

How much $$$ do we have Left to spend in FA???? I can’t find the number anywhere. 

I’ve seen anywhere from 4-8 million.  So pretty much enough to sign draft and that’s about it.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’ve seen anywhere from 4-8 million.  So pretty much enough to sign draft and that’s about it.  

There are plenty of options to increase the cap number via restructuring, retirement, etc

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Maybe it’s more complex/difficult than Sportrac cap editor makes it seem.

Just maybe.

It’s really not.  There’s zero reason White, Dawkins or Diggs wouldn’t take their salary this year as a signing bonus.  But there’s no reason for the Bills to do it until they need the cap space to sign someone.  

Well, they made it through three reductions in Morse, Butler, and Addison, but I haven’t seen any restructures yet (kicking the can down the road).  It’s not Beane’s MO especially as he had to clean up the mess he inherited.  I’m guessing he may ask for one or two more reductions before it’s over.  As of now, we have $10.1 mil. In space, but Spotrac projects we need $6 mil. for the draft.

Many teams like $5 mil. for an emergency fund for injuries during the year, so it’s a matter of waiting to see if there are any restructures, reductions or releases before we can consider any other acquisitions.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, they made it through three reductions in Morse, Butler, and Addison, but I haven’t seen any restructures yet (kicking the can down the road).  It’s not Beane’s MO especially as he had to clean up the mess he inherited.  I’m guessing he may ask for one or two more reductions before it’s over.  As of now, we have $10.1 mil. In space, but Spotrac projects we need $6 mil. for the draft.

Many teams like $5 mil. for an emergency fund for injuries during the year, so it’s a matter of waiting to see if there are any restructures, reductions or releases before we can consider any other acquisitions.

I might be wrong, but I think you are misreading this. We need §6M for those contracts, but it does not take §6M from cap space. We already have 51 contracts, rookie contracts only replace some of them. For example, signing of 5th round pick takes nothing from cap space, since his cap hit is less than cap hit of 51th contract currently counted towards cap space. Rookies actually cost us about §1,6M together (mainly due to 1st round pick, who has cap hit of 2M, which is 1,2M more than contract it replaces).

• Like (+1) 1

Bills Cap now at $9M.  Looks like the Hyde contract came in.

Still waiting on the Feliciano $'s and the Dirty Red contract extension.

I'm still expecting a vet (30 years old or so) TE followed by a Lee Smith cut/retired along with a DE if one can get the $'s down.

A speedy RB/WR may be in the works too.

My prediction is the first gets signed on Thursday (maybe late Wednesday but what do I know).

• Agree 1