Addison takes pay cut

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Potentially more honestly, Morse is a cornerstone of the offense, a very important cog. Butler and Addison are highly paid rotational players, isn’t crazy to think (hope) they each took 4-4.5 million dollar pay cuts.

I can't see that much.

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Hope this doesn’t mean Hughes is gone.  

No.  Likely restructured/extended.

17 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

This worries me. Makes me believe Bills won’t go big on a DE in free agency which we desperately need in order to even touch the chiefs.

Me, too.  But I think they cut DiMarco even after he took a pay cut last year, so there is still hope.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That’s not a horrible thing, Addison had a decent season as the #2 DE. Solid vs run and pass. 

Going into next season with the same DL + Star - Murphy - Jefferson isn’t a good thing imo.  We need to improve our pass rush.  Not stay the same or get worse.  

I love the moves we made, even retaining Butler and Addison, but we still need to add a pass rusher imo.  It doesn’t seem like we have much money left to spend and we still need a guard (unless boettger and Ford are the starters, ugh).  

anyone have a round about numbers of our current cap space after Milano, Williams and Addison?  

Our draft just became a lot more interesting imo.  CB and Pass rusher in rd 1-2 followed by WR, RB, MLB, OG, C

Could we trade Edmunds for a 1st or 2nd rd pick and draft Nick Bolton?  I’d love to have Bolton and Milano as our LBs and Bolton would be cheap for 4 years.

So many options now!!  Fired up!

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

This worries me. Makes me believe Bills won’t go big on a DE in free agency which we desperately need in order to even touch the chiefs.

There is nothing that insinuates that......Addison is a relief pitcher and is not being paid like one.  It is one less hole on the team.

I still think they address the DL

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

My guess is that we don't see Mongo taking a discount😢 

image.thumb.png.2dab0a36d5b98758b5e0664f0071ab41.png

He's got to see what's out there. We're seeing better OGs get released. I don't know where the OG market is going to be. I'm sure the Bills are watching. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hughes is set to make only $9.45M, and imo has earned the right to keep every penny of it. Leave him be.

See Dr, that’s a tough one. I know Hughes is a big leader but what the Pats were good at (besides just having Brady carry their team) is cutting bait at the right time.  $9 million for 4.5 sacks snd 4 tfls is really bad snd he has been steadily declining. 

you are going to make some tough decisions. Personally, I’d rather have his money free. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why?  Because he is not a star

He played ball.......he is a solid vet but not spectacular.....good for him.

He's better than Murphy. I didn't have much of an issue with him other than he's not beating anyone 1vs1. He's normally a guy that gets production off scheme and effort. 

We specifically need someone that is going to win their 1v1 battles more consistently, that goes for Hughes. We don't have that edge player, or interior player, teams have to account for. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1