Addison takes pay cut

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wouldn’t assume that one although logical.  They could be targeting someone, and start the negotiations, amd the plan is convert Addison’s pay cut to just cut the guy.  They could have him as the fall back plan, and if they lock up one of the studs talked about this off season, then go from a $2 mil. pay cut (hypothetically) to dropping him and save the $6+ mil.

We’ll find out this week.

Beane is getting a lot of love from NFLR lately at extending people that are priorities for the Bills.  I’ve heard it on multiple shows amd good for him.

Or they plan to use the draft. Hence the reports if Dan Morgan taking very close interest in Joseph Ossai's workout.

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

GB, do you really think we can get an upgrade as a pass rusher at 30, or do you think we look for a trade partner to bundle picks to get much higher?

I think the three who can be day 1 ends in a 4-3 are likely gone before the Bills are on the clock (Rousseau, Phillips and Paye). But the Bills seem interested in Ossai. He is raw, only played on the edge for 1 season, and at this point is a stand up rusher - so 3rd and long, situational rusher only as a rookie in my view. But maybe they think long term they can develop him. He is a high ceiling guy for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't take anything personally. This is a message board. It is where people express their opinions  

Maybe taking personally was the wrong choice of words. I should have said you missed my point.  

No matter, again the post wasn't directed at you or the masses, simply replying to a poster who decided to list every decision Beane made this week and say each was wrong.  To each our own.

I feel strongly that Milano was a great resigning and Addison, Morse, Butler pay cuts were the right thing to do.  

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, iommi said:

Good deal for the Bills. I think Addison and his agent felt more comfortable taking that deal than testing FA with the lowered cap. Seeing some of the DE still available out there, Addisons camp might have chosen wisely.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

On 3/12/2021 at 3:06 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Hughes is set to make only $9.45M, and imo has earned the right to keep every penny of it. Leave him be.

Suppose there was a 32 year old DE who'd been playing for some other team. Over the past two seasons, this DE has generated 4.5 sacks per year while missing a total of 1 game. Brandon Beane signs this 32 year old DE to $9.45 million per season.

Would a signing like that make you happy? Would you jump on your couch in sheer joy, thrilled with the great value Beane was getting for his cap dollars?

If you wouldn't be happy about spending $9.45 million per season on a 4.5 sack guy from some other team, you shouldn't be happy about Hughes' contract. The Bills are right up against the cap, and every single dollar needs to be spent prudently, with value in mind.

• Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Suppose there was a 32 year old DE who'd been playing for some other team. Over the past two seasons, this DE has generated 4.5 sacks per year while missing a total of 1 game. Brandon Beane signs this 32 year old DE to $9.45 million per season.

Would a signing like that make you happy? Would you jump on your couch in sheer joy, thrilled with the great value Beane was getting for his cap dollars?

If you wouldn't be happy about spending $9.45 million per season on a 4.5 sack guy from some other team, you shouldn't be happy about Hughes' contract. The Bills are right up against the cap, and every single dollar needs to be spent prudently, with value in mind.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

We arent talking about some fictional player from another team. We're talking about Jerry Hughes who has been busting his butt since his first day in a Bills uniform. Who rightfully butted heads with Marrone, who put up with the Rex Ryan days, and who has managed to stick around long enough to get to be part of the Bills resurgence.

If we had a better way to spend the money lined up as a sure thing, then absolutely, it should be considered. But if it isn't pressing, Jerry has earned the right to keep all the money he has coming to him. And from the amount of moves Beane has been able to pull off in FA even without Jerry taking a paycut, then it doesnt seem like it is pressing. Or that even Beane cares about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

There are some things you can’t put a monetary value on. I’m not saying Hughes won’t restructure but it will be a win/win in the form of an extension to lessen cap hit now, not a pay cut. Unless, Jerry goes to Beane and says he will drop his salary.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You don’t pay players based on past performances..... anyway, no problem with Hughes. It’s Addisons contract that is ridiculous. Dude shouldn’t be on the team, but you know, culture and stuff. 

yeah. I feel culture is the problem with this team. If we just didn’t have culture we would have gone 16-0 and you know... stuff. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Without Addison there is no way this team was going 13-3... maybe 14-2 though due to him flailing at Murray’s legs throughout the Hail Murray. 😉

Culture was the problem. Need more selfish #######s. If they just did what you preach we could have progressed so much faster over the last 3 years. I feel robbed by this front office and coaching staff. Like they can’t get out of their own way. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

👎🏻

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

WTF is going on here now?

Isn’t it obvious?

can’t stop won’t stop

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You don’t pay players based on past performances..... anyway, no problem with Hughes. It’s Addisons contract that is ridiculous. Dude shouldn’t be on the team, but you know, culture and stuff. 

Huh?

Addison should of gotten cut as well as Butler. Could of saved 13mil instead of 4.  We could of used that extra cap space on Carl Lawson and a bkup DT that's better the Butler. I love Beane but he blew his opportunity to help this Dline this off-season. 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You pay players based on how you project they'll perform going forward... 

...most often times based on past performance. 

Edited by Doc